Demoted for losing one game at 0 points?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kakai248

05-02-2013

I had 20 points, lost a game and went to 0. Lost another one and go demoted.

It's that easy to be demoted? It's hard to go up but so easy to go down?

shaunika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2013

yeah thats riots brilliant new ranked system for ya. dunno why u dont have to lose a best of 3 to go down a division, it'd make sense wouldnt it?

LnT Andrew

05-02-2013

No. most of you don't understan dhow this works. I even lost 5 when i was 0 and didn't get demoted to silver 2 because my elo was 1500+ at the preseason. It only demotes you if your current MMR is very low.. so yeah

A cute Poro

05-02-2013

Matchmaking has not changed- all changes are cosmetic only

The New League system is a front end for Elo attempting to give you more visible goals to reach towards.

It does not have any influence on who you are matched up with in your games and will attempt to conform itself to your Elo (If you are at a lower elo than your league rank says you should be then you will get less league points for a win and more for a loss - the opposite is true if you are higher Elo than your league ranking would suggest) meaning give it a little time and you should face people at a closer rank to yourself as ranks conform closer and closer to Elo.

So don't worry- nothing that matters has changed.

This system is designed so that if you are better than your average division players, you'll win more LP. If you are worse than them, you'll lose more LP when losing. Hidden matchmaking rating is still determining what type of players you play against.

Kakai248

05-02-2013

My point is that is really hard to go up. You are placed with 50 points, have to reach 100 and win 2 of 3 games to go up.

Rage0us

05-02-2013

You don't deserve to be in that league is what your hidden match making is saying so you will have to win a lot of games in a row to get it up then you will find it easy to go up. I currently get like 30 points for a win and 15 for a loss so its not hard for me to get to promo stage.

LeCyp

05-02-2013

Quote:
No. most of you don't understan dhow this works. I even lost 5 when i was 0 and didn't get demoted to silver 2 because my elo was 1500+ at the preseason. It only demotes you if your current MMR is very low.. so yeah
No, it's just that when you are new to a division, you have something like a 5 games "grace period" were losing a game won't make you demoted...Losing division is only based on your league ^point. The MMR is only used for the matchmaking and to calculate the amount of league point you win/lose...

shaunika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by na2 View Post

The New League system is a front end for Elo attempting to give you more visible goals to reach towards.

It does not have any influence on who you are matched up with in your games and will attempt to conform itself to your Elo (If you are at a lower elo than your league rank says you should be then you will get less league points for a win and more for a loss - the opposite is true if you are higher Elo than your league ranking would suggest) meaning give it a little time and you should face people at a closer rank to yourself as ranks conform closer and closer to Elo.

This system is designed so that if you are better than your average division players, you'll win more LP. If you are worse than them, you'll lose more LP when losing. Hidden matchmaking rating is still determining what type of players you play against.
except for the stupid best of 3 and 5 series that have the potential to keep you below your "deserved" league/division for a very long time (not forever mind you, but it can potentially take soo much more games to get your elo, than it used to and its annoying if you dont have endless time to grind)

Suna Ye Sunnabe

05-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by na2 View Post

Stop copy pasting this same garbage in every thread.

All that matters is visible rating. Invisible rating doesn't matter because IT IS INVISIBLE. Derp. "The number you see is meaningless" is not an answer to the question why the number is borked. If everything you see is meaningless, then ranked is meaningless.

Twíggy

13-09-2013

If you are on 0 and you just keep losing you WONT go down unless you go inactive, BUT if you win 1 + and THEN lose 1 + you will go down