Playing with Teemo vs Katarina mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kongohans

05-02-2013

Hey,
i love this op Hamster, he destroys in my Hands everything.
vs Darius, Garen and Warwick in 1v3 is easy, everything is easy...
Except: playing mid and getting Katarina

this is my Profile: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/37061277#profile

I'm not sure what to build and to do in this situation. When top or bot or mid vs anything else, it doesn't matter what i build: they just die and watch my shrooms from below.

But when i engage Kata, 90% chance that I am the one, who is hitting the floor.
It starts good, we poke each other, i farm more than she and retreat later.
Usually i play Dorans Sword and level my passive poison - run close to the enemy tower and stealth - then wait and try to kill with autoattack and ignite: 30% chance for first blood.
If we have a jungler and i'm on blue, then i help him and get boots and pots for sustain.

At level 6 it gets hot and thats when i start to die like ****.
I build hybrid and use glyphs for AP instead of mres, that's mostly the right choice vs anything else. Seals for armor and marks for attackspeed.
My style is to do tons of demage, fast and lifesteal (Teemo can close combat Darius, Vi and pretty anything that way) - just Katarina does even more demage than I do and my heal looks neglectable low in that situation.
If she has more than 30%hp and starts to ult and i don't have my blitz ready - I'm dead.

I don't usually mind ganks, they run through shrooms and then get killed. Just: I'm not able to concentrate on anything or feel anyhow safe when Kata has 30% of her hp!
I don't know when she can start her attaks, as she doesn't use mana.

The only thing i can do, is get lvl 10 and start roaming and playing on other lanes or hoping my whole team comes mid.

And i get paranoid when seeing that **** - she can catch up (one of the few chars, nidalee also, but Nidalee got no chance vs Teemo anyway) - so i don't come close at all, if my hp goes to 50%, instead just tower hugging and playing the yordle ward.

daniejam

05-02-2013

Teemo is useless vs champs like katarina and akali...... All he can try to do is kill them before he kills them.

Vs Kat the best thing you can try to do is dodge her bouncing blades, as if she hits you with that you will also take extra damage on the next hit. You have to try and bait her to shunpo onto 1 of your shrooms, so you should place them and stand on top of them yourself. that way when she shunpos onto you you can pop your speed boost run away and you have 10 seconds to harrass before she can shunpo again.

Also you should never engage katarina with an approaching minion wave, you need to wait till they are already mid as she can just shun po away. If you are still having problems just build MR / AP and farm. Dont even try and take her on, as katarina needs kills to snow ball, where as teemo who farms will be stronger in team fights as long as your team has a stun. Just make sure you attempt to help your team if she goes to gank etc.

Bane of Kree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2013

By the way, good idea to pick katarina. As well i became tired of this hamster.

RunCarSnowPenn

05-02-2013

each champion is strong and weak against certain champions, u cant exspect to beat every champion with 1 single champ, katarina is simply better in a 1v1 vs teemo.

SoundWavezZzZz

05-02-2013

Picking Teemo mid is reportreason #2 right after Annie support.

Ashuna

06-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundWavezZzZz View Post
Picking Teemo mid is reportreason #2 right after Annie support.
+1 I dont see the point in picking teemo against any AP champ anyway. His Q is actually the reason why he might be a good pick against auto attacking champs on the top lane. Mid ? meh.