Orianna and Syndra, why do you play these?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pjjv

04-02-2013

Dear summoners,

I need help in purchasing a champion. I'm mainly a jungler and support, but I wanna play APmid. I have looked up various different AP mid hero's.
My main atraction goes to Orianna and Syndra, because of the high skillcap and the balls.

So my question is:
Why do you play (champion name here) for APmid?

I like:
Poke, early or midgame hero's.

DrFunkenstein

04-02-2013

Test out Annie first she's a good AP Mid, Cheap, has a good burst, Mana sustainability and helps in Last hitting well.

Your past chosen roles suggests to me that you aren't a farm focused player, If you give Annie a try her Q replenishes the mana cost on Kill, so last hitting with it can help you, plus her kit is very powerful when practiced properly.

Orianna is quite a difficult champ to get used too, Champion movement prediction helps out a lot plus an understanding of when to Ult and when not too, She's very good at poke/burst and her farming capability is huge.

I'd suggest Annie for about 20-30 games, and gather the IP to purchase Orianna, and see how you fair... You may not like the change! But get used to her and she is quite fun and rewarding!

Syndra, I have never played, can't comment on her sorry!

Varph

04-02-2013

Orianna is a late game god, you play her for the teamfight deciding ults and utility.

Syndra you play if your style is to annihilate a single target, she's very good at doing that, she is also a midgame boss, probably more presence midgame than any other AP mid.

Both of them are massive lane bullies when it comes to mages thanks to their range/spammability and ability to cast while on the move, although they lack gap closers, they are both very "mobile".

midnight illusio

04-02-2013

I agree with Granticus. If you haven't played AP mid much before, going straight into 2 of the mechanically hardest AP carries in the game (orianna and syndra) is probably not a very good idea. As for whether to choose Orianna or Syndra, Orianna is more focused on teamfights, providing lots of aoe damage and utility with her ulti, as well as protection for your AD carry with her shield. Syndra on the other hand is more focused on single target burst, able to blow up pretty much any squishy she comes across after level 6 (Syndra has the highest level 6 burst of any champion in the game).

pjjv

04-02-2013

Annie it is, since i do have RP i might just buy orianna for later.Thanks all!

Electrikxx

05-02-2013

Orianna is pretty hard to play. You should wait her to be free to play (if you havent played her yet).
Early game i find her a bit squishy but with few items you do huge pokes with pretty low CD.
The ability to poke is nice but a gank can be hard to counter (I'm not a pro though)

Syndra is easier and her skillshot stun is pretty cool to use. If you are against heimerdinger you will hard counter him so badly (i tried as heimer and i was like : OMG gonna be hard).
It's kinda cool to play with Syndra and midgame she also does huge poke with low CD .

ArtCrusader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2013

Syndra is much more difficult to play than Orianna! Syndra is making Orianna look like child's play, because all of her skills except for her ultimate are skillshots.

Pridè

05-02-2013

@ArtCrusader just no. Lux has 4 skillshots , that does not mean she is harder to play then orianna.

With a decent team, orianna will win games for you. If you have someone with a decent initiation skill you will destroy the enemy if they ever group up. As your ball travels a bit slow (and you never want to get to close to the enemy team) its great if someone else can take it in the middle of the enemy team and you just ravage them from out of sight( almost), and also you can provide a lot of utility for your team , aoe speed/slow for chases and escapes , 400+ shield and mres/armor for team mates on a low cd, pull backs with your ult, etc.

Grazja

05-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjjv View Post
Dear summoners,

I need help in purchasing a champion. I'm mainly a jungler and support, but I wanna play APmid. I have looked up various different AP mid hero's.
My main atraction goes to Orianna and Syndra, because of the high skillcap and the balls.

So my question is:
Why do you play (champion name here) for APmid?

I like:
Poke, early or midgame hero's.
and the balls.and the balls.and the balls.and the balls.

o.O

But i'd say Ori is pretty good, due to decent CC, damage and reliability. And has balls...

Or you could play Ryze for the same reasons...

Cerianne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2013

I myself prefer Syndra over Orianna. Not a lot of people know what to do with her, and even your 'counters' are usually like: WTF do i do against this? i dont know how to outplay syndra..
You need as many balls on the fields as you can get, 5 would do, 7 is the ultimate max. it will hurt, like ****. but indeed, you're less use with dmg when in teamfights, you WILL be usefull in slowing the enemy ( your throw ) and shoving them away when you're not doing well ( your E )