Twisted Fate: AD, AP or hybrid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

midnight illusio

19-01-2011

Hey everyone, last week I picked up TF in the rotation and really liked him (I was amazed at the amount of damage he can pull out). Now I'm wondering what the best sort of build is, AD, AP or hybrid? Most of the guides I've read and watched are so outdated that they still say his passive gives crit, not extra gold.

Any ideas?

MonkeyStyle

19-01-2011

I liekz Hyrbidz da mostz

V5 N1ghtmar3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-01-2011

I test ap,ad,hybrid. Only ap do big dmg and is better for team

EternalOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

19-01-2011

The answer is - whatever your team needs.
TF is one of the most versatile heroes in LoL, so any of 3 builds is 100% viable.

99rampage66

20-01-2011

Well he is fun hero you can play him on all of that 3 builds and be good
for me most fun with him is go atk speed in the begining
berserker boots
sword of divine
madreds
dancer /starks / wit's end
and last 2 items for dmg your choice
im not saying its best build but its fun give it a try

PtolemyII

20-01-2011

I like ad, since he can deal out constant massive damage and stuns being closer range, also impossible to dodge.

First item should be SotD, then either black cleaver or madreds, depending on whether they are stacking health or armor. Phantom dancer bloodthirster and infity edge (and banshees) can fill up your last item slots.

beserker boots or merc treads depending on how much cc they have, although i usually go for beserkers as if you are cc'd, youre probably dead anyway.

TF has no escape mechanism, and is absolutely raped by warwick.

Flash ESSENTIAL, exhaust preferable to save you from people.

ShakeNBakeUK

20-01-2011

AD only scales with the attack speed on his passive.
AP scales with 2 of his abilities, and they benefit from the reduced cooldowns from the passive.
Attack Speed items scale with the passive.

Theoretically you should play him by stacking items which combine AP and attack speed, with a bit of magic penetration on the side as needed.

In practice though this build doesn't work too great.
He is very very squishy and way too easy to kill for a lot of champs.

The AP build relies on stacking crazy amounts of AP, spamming the 2 spells from a distance, and not getting caught by the enemy team.

Panther Face

21-01-2011

Simples.

Summoner spells: You cannot go wrong with Flash and Ghost.

Lvl 1 - PAC, 2 - SD, 3 - WC, 4 - WC, 5 - WC, 6 - Ult, 7 - WC, 8 - SD, 9 - WC.

Doran's shield/blade and potion start. Rush Sheen then get boots of whatever. Merc's, Ninja Tabi or Swiftness ideally. Follow it up with Nashor's Tooth, it gives you literally everything you need (will max your cdr when combined with stacked deck, attack speed is sweet for stacked deck too and the ap helps out with your wildcards). Follow it with a Guinsoo's and you're set. You can buy tank items after this or physical damage/attack speed/armour pen, ap scales badly into late game. Don't forget to upgrade Sheen into Trinity Force in those extra long games or if you need some extra chasing power.

Don't bother casting WC till it is rank 3, as the damage isn't there, but from rank 3-5 it is solid. Use your pick a card a lot, all through the game. At lvl 9 with maxed wildcards and plenty of sheen procs you have great burst and an awesome range, combined with CC.

I have a lot of success with this build early through to mid game and late game it depends on your situational item picks and team, but you should always dominate early and you'll farm like a pro too.