what is mmr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henanthir

02-02-2013

just red yeggs post and am asking me now what mmr is and what it is good for.
can anyone explain it to me please?

here is yeggs post:

"Hey summoners,

We've identified an issue affecting many players in Division I of their tier in the new league system. These players were gaining very little LP from their wins, such that a single loss could wipe out the LP gains from two or even three wins We've been working on this for the last several hours and now have a plan of attack. Here's an explanation:

What's going on?

There are some additional checks and balances that are applied to players in Division I because the system needs to be sure that they're ready to move to the next tier before they qualify for their Promotion Series. Because of this, LP gains can be clamped for Division I players if their MMR is far from where it needs to be for the next tier. This check was tuned too aggressively and was causing the reduced LP gains that many players were seeing.

How are you going to address this?

We're going to attack it in two ways: in the short term, we're going to be tweaking the tuning values to make this check less punishing for players in Division I, which should make it much more feasible to gain LP over the course of multiple games. We're also going to be specifically addressing the Silver I case by slightly reducing the difficulty of qualifying for Gold tier. I'll update this post when that happens, hopefully tonight. UPDATE: These tweaks have now been applied.

In the longer term we have some further ideas that we want to explore to make the tuning feel better, and we'll be listening to your feedback to identify areas that can be further improved.

What about the games that I won during this period?

Your wins were not ignored or forgotten by the system. If you won more games than you lost during this period, then your MMR is now higher than it was, which will increase your future LP gains and make it easier to qualify for that elusive Promotion Series.

What about if I was demoted out of Division I?

Demotions are based on MMR and are unaffected by LP gains and losses, so unfortunately the demotion would have happened regardless of this issue.

Thanks everyone for bearing with us while we work out some of the kinks in the new system. We're dedicated to continually improving it, so please keep letting us know what doesn't feel right and we'll keep looking into it."

Fistagon

02-02-2013

MMR - Matchmaking Rating

(It's like a hidden elo)

Henanthir

02-02-2013

and how should this increase my lp gain according to the second last question, when i won 3 games yesterday (to gain 27 lp) and lost 1 (to loose 24 lp xDD)?

Fistagon

02-02-2013

No idea man, I haven't played any ranked games since new ranked system, gonna play normals for like a week until the new ranked system is 'fixed'.

Henanthir

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistagon View Post
No idea man, I haven't played any ranked games since new ranked system, gonna play normals for like a week until the new ranked system is 'fixed'.
would have been the best i could have done -.-''
so annoying, honestly...

sirDarts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henanthir View Post
and how should this increase my lp gain according to the second last question, when i won 3 games yesterday (to gain 27 lp) and lost 1 (to loose 24 lp xDD)?
When your MMR doesn't fit your league/division (when you are for some reason lower in your MMR than others in the league/division) you will gain less LP for a win and lose more for a loss till your MMR gets to the level of your league/division.
This is intended behavior, but the numbers are currently set too harshly, especially in division 1. Riot Yegg is working on fixing it.

As for what MMR is in numbers - it's a combination of elo and played games.

You want the D

02-02-2013

Measles Mumps Rubella (MMR)
Standard Vaccine for people

Blacknsilver

02-02-2013

It's the same thing as elo. Except you can't see it anymore.

iMaoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-03-2013

I won 71 games and lost 50 games in Silver.
I still wont get any points when I win: +8lp in 4 games won...

Skorpieman007

1 Week Ago

From one win i get like 15 lp and from one loss i loose at least 20 lp. and i win like half of the games. all of my friends are getting at least 25 lp every game and loose around 15 why am i the only one with that problem