That Winter map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kudro

17-01-2011

Hi everyone
I understand that the winter map was replaced with the haloween map because it caused lag on older systems so ofcourse that was the right thing to do. But I, and i guess many others like the winter map more than the haloween one, personally it wakes old dota memories and i think it looks awesome. So, my question is; Is there any way i can download the winter map and replace the halowwen map with it, so that when the haloween map comes up i will see the winter one but the others i play with still sees it like haloween? Like when i download custom skins (cause of my bad economy :P).
Im thankfull for all answers

ps, thanks riot for making a free dota-like game, its awesome

//Kudro
Peace

Dörr

17-01-2011

I do not think there is a way you can download and use the winter map. But i can be wrong.

My opinion however is that Riot should take back the winter map just for custom games. Not to Normal and ranked..But to custom games where you can choose if you want it or not.
It's still a nice map and i do like it alot myself so..

Pretty please Riot ?

Cheers
Sawy-Janna player

Xervensa

17-01-2011

yes ! i loved the winter map
the autum one is fine, looks gothic like
but why not have 3 maps :P should upgrade servers

The Urban

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-01-2011

I like winter map more too.
It's winter!
Not helloween,goddamnit.

Sída

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-01-2011

It drives me crazy when lots of players lose cool features of a game because people with old computers have problems. It's not hard to add Esc > Options > Video Options.

BeSport Bytas

17-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidalol View Post
It drives me crazy when lots of players lose cool features of a game because people with old computers have problems. It's not hard to add Esc > Options > Video Options.
this.
bring back the wintermap plz.

Kudro

17-01-2011

Thanks for such quick response!
Yea 3 maps would be awesome cause the haloween map is still cool, maby they could remove the snow falling witch i think was the main reason that caused lag, or like sidalol said, maby they could have a option like: Falling Snow on/off. I dont think its downloadable anywere on the web but maby if more people respond, someone from riot maby uploaded it so that we could change the files. cause its only a skin, the map layoute is the same so it shouldent cause any problems to gameplay if some sees it like winter or haloween.

//kudro
peace

Lolkers

17-01-2011

I don't even mind having 3 maps, it didn't cause that much FPS issues and it looked solid. It's a darn shame it had to be either or, because I really liked it, but I liked the Halloween one more.

Lolkers- Admin of the independant LoL forums http://eulol.phpbb9.com
Independant Forum Info: http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=101647

Nyfaedd

17-01-2011

I like halloween more,i think it fits the game a lot more.

Kudro

17-01-2011

Maybe someone knows a player who havent played and updated their game since the haloween map came or played on a lend computer by a friend or at work or something can upload the old map, if thats the case the map is located here:
C:\Program Files\League of Legends\Game\LEVELS\
There are 4 folders that are just numerated Map1 to Map4 so i dont know witch one is the winter map but i guess Map1 is summer summoners rift, 2 is probably the 3v3 map, think 3 is the 2v2 practice map, and 4 i guess is the new haloween map. I base this on the filesizes in 1 and 4 are very similar and 2 is larger than the others and 3 is only 10,7kb. So hunt down that player who hasent updated and beg him/her to upload it to Rapidshare or similar sites and post the link here, that will make maaany people happy!

//Kudro
Peace