How do you counter Tresh?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reymen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-01-2013

Yes this is a lost game and I complain about it. Either try to help or flame me

I was against a vayne + tresh combo and wonder how can i get to vayne? What champion and what items should i get?
First of all i will need a gap closer to get to her in first place. Second she tumbles away and get invisible. The invisible part is "easy" to counter.
But now i need a second gap closer.
If i catch up to her again she will just push me away with her push skill. Third time i need to catch her.
That is 3 gap closer for only Vaynes ability's alone, not counting flash, and usually she has red buff or a teammate with Iceborn gauntlet so i am slowed all the time.

Then if i manage to reach her 4 times before her cool downs are back on tumble or condemn. Tresh had his lantern there so now she is far away again. 4th gap to close.
Then Tresh use his push away skill. 5th gap to close
Then you have Tresh ulti. If i donīt have a blink ability i will just get extremely slowed, so that is the 6th gap.

So considering vayne+ tresh and a imaginary iceborn gauntlet user. I will need to close the gap 6 times. That is future increased because tumble is not really long cool down.

Anyone has any idea if any bruiser/ melee unit has any chance to do anything against these 2. Or are only counter to get a nuke mage to try to 100-0 her?

LumberingOaf

24-01-2013

I don't have a huge amount of experience playing against Thresh, but my experience has been that he is very easily poked in lane. Don't get to Vayne, take out the support and win the farm off.

Alenjon Sunblade

24-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reymen View Post
Yes this is a lost game and I complain about it. Either try to help or flame me

I was against a vayne + tresh combo and wonder how can i get to vayne? What champion and what items should i get?
First of all i will need a gap closer to get to her in first place. Second she tumbles away and get invisible. The invisible part is "easy" to counter.
But now i need a second gap closer.
If i catch up to her again she will just push me away with her push skill. Third time i need to catch her.
That is 3 gap closer for only Vaynes ability's alone, not counting flash, and usually she has red buff or a teammate with Iceborn gauntlet so i am slowed all the time.

Then if i manage to reach her 4 times before her cool downs are back on tumble or condemn. Tresh had his lantern there so now she is far away again. 4th gap to close.
Then Tresh use his push away skill. 5th gap to close
Then you have Tresh ulti. If i donīt have a blink ability i will just get extremely slowed, so that is the 6th gap.

So considering vayne+ tresh and a imaginary iceborn gauntlet user. I will need to close the gap 6 times. That is future increased because tumble is not really long cool down.

Anyone has any idea if any bruiser/ melee unit has any chance to do anything against these 2. Or are only counter to get a nuke mage to try to 100-0 her?
go olaf ghost+flash + ragnarok

Reymen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumberingOaf View Post
I don't have a huge amount of experience playing against Thresh, but my experience has been that he is very easily poked in lane. Don't get to Vayne, take out the support and win the farm off.
I guess that is the best vay, Try to put so much pressure on her early that they have no time to get dangerous. Problem with that is that it is still vayne. And if you canīt finish it before endgame you have only delayed it.
I got to tell to, that in my game our bot lost the lane to them to, so vayne started out kinda dangerous. I wanted to know what you can do if you get to that position except give up and die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenjon Sunblade View Post
go olaf ghost+flash + ragnarok
Sure olaf remove vaynes condemn, and i guess he is kinda best bet. But still you need to close the gap of entire team + 2 dashes + flash and short cool downs on her tumble.
So i guess he is one of the best. But it is still pretty hard to get to her.

Kitsy

24-01-2013

My thoughts are a good Leona or Sejuani to keep Vayne slowed and stunned so she wont get away that easely.

5niker

24-01-2013

Don't get sentenced to death!

Bwahahahahahaaa!

Reymen

24-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsy View Post
My thoughts are a good Leona or Sejuani to keep Vayne slowed and stunned so she wont get away that easely.
That is the second way i guess. And the same way as always against mobile opponent. Olaf charging or stun looking them.

Pretty sad that you need specific champion or more cc then the enemy team, good forbid they have morgana or kayle.