Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Top 10 best dominion champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skrulled

01-21-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHN6yoLkKlc

Land0fChocolate

01-22-2013

For those who can't be bothered to watch the video:

#10 Evelynn
#9 Akali
#8 Jax
#7 Twitch
#6 Master Yi
#5 Ezreal
#4 Pantheon
#3 Heimerdinger
#2 Shaco
#1 Rammus

Needs moar Jayce/Kassadin/Darius

Olari

01-30-2013

have a darius in your team and u will win 99.999% of the time

KasrkinOo

01-30-2013

Ezreal if you are really cheap, coward and anti-fun oriented.

Kinxil

01-31-2013

It was a good idea to say "My own opinion" because it's so outdated and innacurate.

It have been a long times Rammus fall hard in top 10, not even in I would say myself. Hecarim, well played, just do the job much better. Pantheon have only his ultimate to offer and some confidence to bot lane (fast powned by top bot laners for now). Lux works much better as a half a map punisher, because of a much lower CD.

I'll do my own (feel free to disagree) but I'll split it into two top 5 :

Top 5 of normal played champions in Dominion :
1) Yorick - At least played normally, it give a huge chance to win bot lane and almost ask every times a gank from enemy team. Without some organization from the enemy team, and/or without one of his few counter (Heimer, Syndra and Malhazar for the best actual bot laners) it's almost a done game

2) Darius – His ultimate is just like “Dominion and you're the minion”. Everyone knows it, the best way to shut this guy down is to deny his early game. Impossible with passive xp/gold earn. Darius can be countered by hard counters (Yorick, Anivia and everything with a distant slow), for sure, but it's probably the most easy and passive way to win a Dominion game.

3) Lulu – Whatever you'll build on her, she is a support with an in build rape mode : Huge AP ratios, crazy Q slow and damages (and you reach lvl 9, her strongest lvl, so fast), huge passive in DPS mode. She's so versatile even troll builds works on her. Every AP caster dreams of a total shutdown spell (Whimsy) turnable into speed boost and AP buff. Every MDPS dreams of her passive and Whimsy. Every... Well everyone dreams of Whimsy.

4) Jax – Jump bang bim yo win. Even if you win early game, you lose late game. Jax is just the master of 1vs1 and is always a guarantee to turn the table late game if you ignore him. As easy as Darius to counter for a skilled kiter, he's anyway a passive win maker.

5) Lux – The new must have for AP characters. Even with only two harming non-ultimate-spells and medium AP ratios, Black Torch (either the old or the new one) turn her into a huge distance rape machine. She rush AP/MPEN/CDR so fast now she's almost the only champion together to Syndra to do the teamfights for everyone.

The champions close to this top : Teemo, Draven, Irelia, Ezreal

Top 5 of most efficients champions when mastered (ELO level) :
1) Kassadin – well played, he gives just... anything. Ass savior with a hurt-like-a-truck slow and a silence. Damage dealers. Chaser. Squishy killer. One of the least considered champion at the beginning of LoL, he's for now THE master of Dominion, without a doubt.

2) Zyra – Everyone speaks about Heimerdinger, but the real top #1 for bot laner is Zyra. Well played you can't approach her early and mid game. And even top lane she turn the teamfights so easily. Even Yorick do nightmares about her.

3) Kha-Zix – He's a squishy huge damage dealer. Well played, it's “Annnnd … you're gone !”. Really hard to counter with his ability to pick kills and run away easily

4) Nidalee – The new must have with Lux. Spammable huge damages poke, and black torch. Well played Nidalee is not a common sight, but when it happen, you just die without knowing how.

5) Maokai – give him a Rod of Ages, it's already over ! More seriously, he's the best actual tank/AP for dominion. Huge harass, huge presence in teamfight, huge pressure. Like nidalee well played Maokai is not a common sight, but a dreadful one.

Champions close to top 5 mastered champions : Syndra, Jayce, Malhazar, Brand

Xereyl

02-03-2013

Good job Bière ;D
I´d like to add LeBlanc,
Her bot-Lane is pain and if you dont fail to continue you have a huge chance to win

Hecarim - I love to play him, even if you always need to keep an eye on whats going on.

XLuckystarX

02-13-2013

pretty much agree with Bière
But he forgot my personal favorite and aswell the most underrated dominion carry ever.
BLITZCRANK
He Has awesome mobility
He can easily kill someone while your team is outnumbering theirs and force towers
With your passive and all your CC you can easily hold towers
With trinity/ionian/sunfire/hexdrinker you are a godlike duelist and can take out almost everyone except dudes like jax darius or olaf
His ult is never on CD and has op dmg ( seriously its annoyign when you don't have your ult there)
Noone can run from him but he can run from almost everyone
His only weakness is the first 4v4 fight for toplane when you have high cds no sheen and no ult

If you don't believe me try it with this build(well adapt it a little to the situation) and flash +ghost. You will be amazed

Gouldney

02-14-2013

You're missing Twisted Fate.
He can ult all over the map and capture points, etc.

RiotRival

NOC Technician

02-15-2013

Another one you may may have forgotten is Wukong! Has some great damage/mobility, an armor reduction on opponent, and the CC on his ult that scales off of AD! Pretty good choice as well I think

Khail the Crow

02-15-2013

Yoric: can be builded without mana items, a monster of hp and AD.
Volibear: Damage and Hp, as usual. He can focus resistance and is strong in early game, easy to be fed.
Malazar: Ap that can push, is a pain.
Khazix: Bum!
Xin: always strong, everywhere
Garen: Same as voli
Panth: more damage than sustain, but more mobility
Jarvan4: Good damage, tank, CC.
Maokai: since u don't need mana items, full of HP and very good damage, plus CC, sustain, soak damage.
Zyra: damage, annoying, that plants...