Playing against caitlyn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lierocan

21-01-2013

Yesterday I was playing Tristana with a Blitzcrank as support, and I was playing against Caitlyn and Nunu. This caitlyn started with a Doran's blade, and I had my boots and pots. But everytime i tried to last hit, she kept harassing me and zoning me. If I tried to harass back, she always won the trade-off, which resulted in me getting low very fast. This blitzcrank wasnt able to land any hooks. And after she killed me for the first time she got her level 2 boots, and she kept harassing me, even under the turret. I wasnt able to do anything. I'm wondering what I should do in this kind of situation? Should i just passively farm and take the hits she lands on me? Or should I have played more agressively straight from the start.

I hope you can give me some good tips on how to improve my playstyle against Caitlyn.

nikkaplz

21-01-2013

Nunu caitlyn is a really tough lane. Caitlyn + nunu does a lot of sustained damage, Since she relies a lot on autoattacks. You wont win trades unless you're aggressive. You pretty much need to burst caitlyn or nunu down in order to come out ontop of a fight at bot. Nunu will use his iceblast to slow your attack speed, so you won't win 2v2 fight by just autoattacking. Trist has really good burst at lvl 6, while caitlyn can't really use her ult for burst, but rather to secure a kill from long distance.
Also remember not to play too aggressive when the enemy got a huge minion wave, since you will aggro it, and most likely lose the fight.

Lierocan

21-01-2013

So I just have to play passive until level 6, even if it costs me a lot of cs? Since everytime i tried to last hit, she gave me 2 hits.

Scrap Computer

21-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lierocan View Post
So I just have to play passive until level 6, even if it costs me a lot of cs? Since everytime i tried to last hit, she gave me 2 hits.
Yes sometimes you need to just let that cs go, she has dorans, which is dumb, she had no sustain if blitz wud have landed just one grab u cud have won that lane, unlucky to say the least, but in general sit safe under tower and let her push you. Get blitz to get bush control which will allow you more breathing room. Support bush control can change a game, expecially a zone control support like blitz. His fault i think, but i dident see the game so i cant say that in a fair fashion.

Bloodthorne

21-01-2013

Cait nunu vs Blitz trist

blitz trist should win the lane theoraticly. If you get zoned, then blitzcranck aint oing his job right. From lvl3 onwards, you deal more damage then caitlyn. This is where blitz should run in with overdrive and force nunu to iceblast him to keep cait safe. After iceblast is used, you rocket jump in and burst caitlyn.

If nunu doesnt go for the iceblast on blitz, you try to damage cait until nunu comes close. AFTER he hits you with iceblast, jump in with rocket jump on caitlyn and explosive shot (the reason you jump after, is because nunu iceblast doesnt slow your jump/explosive shot, meaning you spend less time not attacking).

If blitz does neither of those 2, your lane will be tough. Blitz could go for a grab on nunu, but that likely puts him in your range so you get iceblasted right away while caitlyn fires at you. This only works if nunu iceblasts blitz, in which case you can fight caitlyn 1v1.

From lvl6 onwards you deal a lot more damage so whenever she is out of position you jump and burst her.

Winning this lane is all about the support, not the AD carry.

Irvikatti

22-01-2013

Yeah, sometimes you need to let the CS go but remember to at least try to be in range to get the exp from the dying enemy creeps so you don't fall too far behind. Could just wait for Blitz to land a hook and try burst Cait down enough for her to be in danger of dying -> you can CS and maybe even Zone her some yourself.

Sometimes you can harass the support (Nunu) to a point where he can't contribute other than Bloodboil Caitlyn. If you get him low enough, you can then try and zone Caitlyn yourself since it's almost like a 2v1 in your favour now.

Also, I think Ashe is a pretty solid pick against Caitlyn since she has a long range from Lvl 1 as well and should be able to CS pretty safely. So in case Trist isn't your only AD and you have the opportunity to pick after Cait, you could try Ashe and see how it goes.

OH! And one thing Nunu+Cait most often do is constantly try and push you to your tower. Either try to push back (hard against harassment) or ask your jungler to come and gank since they are at your tower.

Hmm. One other thing; in S3, it seems botlane is often decided during the first two levels: whoever gets Lvl 2 first can try and use that advantage for either a kill or enough damage where they can then zone and deny you a lot. Often it's a good idea to push (if possible) the first wave or two to either achieve that advantage yourself or at least stay even with the opponent and deny them the advantage.

ShakeNBake EUW

22-01-2013

If your blitz cant hook that Cait and allow you to follow up with W+E+R+Ignite, then that lane is gonna be over.

You are playing one of THE worst poke ranged ADC in the game (Tristana) vs one of the BEST poke ranged ADC in the game (Cait). If you don't dunk her 100%->0%, she's gonna wreck you from a distance.

Hope that helps.

Kitsy

23-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeNBakeUK2 View Post
If your blitz cant hook that Cait and allow you to follow up with W+E+R+Ignite, then that lane is gonna be over.

You are playing one of THE worst poke ranged ADC in the game (Tristana) vs one of the BEST poke ranged ADC in the game (Cait). If you don't dunk her 100%->0%, she's gonna wreck you from a distance.

Hope that helps.
Should you not ignite earlier? Using R would shoot your target far away from the range of ignite?

ShakeNBake EUW

23-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsy View Post
Should you not ignite earlier? Using R would shoot your target far away from the range of ignite?
correct. i was not stating the order, merely use them all at the same time ^_^
the correct order would be W->E+Ignite->R->WWWW

Wardifrit

23-01-2013

if your trist and up against cait.. just go AP and at 6 you'l burst her down in 1 combo