Trouble with Nvidia Geforce GTX 460M

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qwehe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-01-2013

Hello, I'm having some big graphic bugs since today. I've seen that people with AMD cards are having issues as well, have anyone figured out how to fix it for Nvidia cards? I've updated to the latest drivers, didnt solve anything

Here's what it looks like
http://i.imgur.com/FZFa6.jpg

Hansiman

Wrenchman

17-01-2013

Well, that looks pretty normal to me..

Are you able to access the video options menu? If so, try to turn off all extra features like shadows. Turn all graphic settings to the lowest possible. Is it still causing you problems?

Test this in a custom game vs bots, with no humans as allies. You won't have problems with leaverbuster if you leave those games.

Qwehe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-01-2013

Yeah, I've managed to play one game where it looked like this http://i.imgur.com/mkfBG.jpg. Turning down every single video option did not help at all

WullYeD

17-01-2013

Holy ****, how do you manage to play with thoes artifacts.

If you download HWmonitor and watch the temp on the GPU and CPU you will proberly see that they are very very high
Open up your laptop and clean out the dust from the heatsink and the fan (Not with a vacum clearner)

Qwehe

17-01-2013

GPU is about 55 C and CPU about 60 C. I haven't cleaned my computer in a while, I will try that as well (my fans are pretty much ****ed so I can imagine that there is some dust in there). Funny thing is that it worked for like 3 games before going bananas. Thanks for the advice!

WullYeD

17-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwehe View Post
GPU is about 55 C and CPU about 60 C. I haven't cleaned my computer in a while, I will try that as well (my fans are pretty much ****ed so I can imagine that there is some dust in there). Funny thing is that it worked for like 3 games before going bananas. Thanks for the advice!
The thing is laptops have a problem with getting the heat out when they are filled with dust, also if you block the airvents it will get very warm quick

Okey, is that in "idle" or in load?

Hansiman

Wrenchman

17-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwehe View Post
Yeah, I've managed to play one game where it looked like this http://i.imgur.com/mkfBG.jpg. Turning down every single video option did not help at all
They're all just running super fast.. Lightspeed even..

Heat from the comp can cause issues like this. I haven't experienced it myself, but I have experienced my computer running smoother after cleaning it out. So it's always worth a try.

Qwehe

17-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WullYeD View Post
The thing is laptops have a problem with getting the heat out when they are filled with dust, also if you block the airvents it will get very warm quick

Okey, is that in "idle" or in load?
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean with idle and load

Hansiman

Wrenchman

17-01-2013

Idle defines that no programs are running. The computer is just on.

Load would be when programs are running, and the graphic card is doing it's job. =)

Qwehe

17-01-2013

Ah, those number would be for idle I guess! I