Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New League System in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViG Akinator

01-15-2013

I kinda like this improvement but im still thinking about how those promotion games should work out. I mean if im a solo player will i get matches with 4 other randoms that are promoting too or just with some random ppl and what happens if u get a bad team 2 times (everyone can have a bad day) will u then go back to the bottom of your division?
regardless of that this is somewhat reducing the "effect of the elohell". Because if u are on a 10 winning streak u can promote. If a 10 loose streak follows up u dont loose what u just made just because u got bad ppl in your team since u cant drop in your division. But reaching gold/plat ect seems to get superhard.
also another question: will u loose the same amount of points when u loose as u get when u win?

Siv

01-15-2013

This is pretty awesome, maybe i can climb now and won't get dropped down by some crazy afk or intentional feeder Good job Riot. keep up the good work

Minhoca Senpai

01-15-2013

People will talk about elo hell forever, even if they changed the system a 1000 times, trolls, leavers, afk, feeders, and others players of the bad community part will always exist, and people will always lose game cause of them, so, don't hope for the bad community to disappear :P
But anyways, this system looks promising can't wait, just hope to get to gold before it starts

xXCrashTXx

01-15-2013

I need a shorter and more clarified version of this

what does this system exactly do?

Felanis

01-15-2013

So Riot is actually looking at SC 2 from Blizzard. Good move Riot.

TxWMolord

01-15-2013

omg, please not!!!

this will be like in starcraft where people gain diamond with luck und are currently worser than lots of platinum players....

the league of legends elo system was a really fair and honest system, you could see your skill by a number and this was fine. Some people (noobs) were offended by the small amout of elo they had compared to others, but this was totally honest, you always had the elo you deserved!

the new system now refuses you to see your skill level compared to others, however it lets you see that u are currently e.g. in silver with a blue gem, but it tells you no real ranking!

There might be people luckily getting carried through theis placement games ending in gold league, but actually beeing matched with bronze league guys after a while still having gold leagues lowest tier.

This means a crossing of the tiers, best ppl in silver will be better than worst ppl in gold...

And next point: Why the **** am i in a group of 250 ppl with 50 ppl in my tier? do i have a list like in starcraft where i can say: "oh look at me i played a lot of games, im number 1 in my Tier, why dont i get promoted"

To me it totally does no sense seeing myself with 50 ppl in a list, but not seeing the other 10000 silver players in euw.

So ok, do your fancy blinking colorful sparkling whatsoever to suggest to noobs that there is no such thing as an elo hell, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT HIDE THE NUMBER OF YOUR ELO RANKING, even if only youself can see it, but this number means a lot to ppl that doesnt get blindet by all these fancy blinking colorful sparkling whatsoever and have an interrest of detailed exact statistics of their own improvements.

Just think of it, it would make me very happy when i could see at least my own current elo ranking in my profile, just like it is now!

with regards
Molord

ps: dont even think of correcting my english, im not a native speaker!

NakedSolja

01-15-2013

Would anybody be so kind to explain the difference between division, league and tier?

Also, if you are let's say at the bottom of Gold, you can't fall down to Silver?

SoT Blood Raven

01-15-2013

You can't go below 0. Doesn't that mean that over a lonv time infinite elo could exist?

GD Leace

01-15-2013

Some of you should read the text a second time:

Will I only be matched against opponents in my league?

No. Matchmaking isn’t affected by your league, and you’ll still be competing against all opponents of your skill level in the League of Legends community. Your league measures your progress against a set of opponents of similar skill level, but doesn’t restrict competition solely to those players.

Elo still exists and you still get matched with people of your elo but elo will be invisible like the elo for normal games.
The new league system is an addition and an extra motivation not an overhaul.

But I could be wrong too...

Lazyshadow

01-15-2013

i dont like this..