Jungle Malzahar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I WUV OGRANDELEO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14-01-2011

Jungle Malzahar! Yes, you heard it, Malzahar going freaking jungle!

Is it possible? Yes it is!

This is an open discussion of how to do it, why, and if he should be jungling. How do I do it?

I start of by leveling Null Zone, and cast it 3 times at base, so I have my minion ready to be summoned at the next spell cast. As long as you bring smite and some pots, Ancient Golem should be peanuts for ya. Just cast Null Zone in a way to affect them all, auto attack with your minion, smite, done, on to the next one.

Then I go traditional jungle route, wolves, those group of 4, the 2 golems, and take out the 2 minions at lizard buff, leaving the gift there waiting for my return.

Although this is where it gets tricky. I kill Lizard with no probs, but my mana goes too low for a gank. I've thought of bringing some mana pots, but didn't test it so far.

How to gank with Malzahar? Remember, we don't have the precious ultimate. And this is where I start noticing my delay on getting into my feeding route. When I'm laning, I always have tons of minions and bag some kills, reaching my bag with mejais. When I'm jungle, I feel like I'm only allowing my teammate to lvl faster, as I don't make a difference early game.

So, how to improve this situation? I've jungled with a few champs so far, and I think Malzahar has potencial. And is something uncommon, which makes it fun.

Note: Not high-elo.

Zoliath

14-01-2011

Sorry to say.. But our jungle master has already stated this.

Still.. Nice to see a caster in the jungle.

I WUV OGRANDELEO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-01-2011

Jungle master? ...

I WUV OGRANDELEO

15-01-2011

You're talking about that guy that makes guides to jungle with everyone?

2nd page and:

"Quote:
Originally Posted by PutBoy
Malzahar. I dare you.

Also, first post.

-----
not
malzahar is as useless as he shall be deleted...
if i said every champion i said every champion who is ABLE to play the game

malzahar is **** still..."

Wik Zhalifa

15-01-2011

and then i said i changed my mind :-P
he also got buffs on his spells so i think he would rock the jungle now
tried it on practice games and i was fine with it

well later i stated it just read it and do not spread wrong rumors

Zoliath

15-01-2011

^ That's our jungle master. I like his tier more to Stonewall008's I think its more the fact that he has some crazy junglers I can try in T2 and T3.

I WUV OGRANDELEO

15-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohachhin View Post
and then i said i changed my mind :-P
he also got buffs on his spells so i think he would rock the jungle now
tried it on practice games and i was fine with it

well later i stated it just read it and do not spread wrong rumors
Rumors? Nothing like that, anywayz

Yohachhin, any ideas on how to get over the mana problem after getting Lizard buff (I personaly think 2 mana pots would cover that) and how to get a sucessful gank with Malzahar? I find that the major problem with him, as if the lane doesn't have a stunning champ in it he will fail most of the ganks in that lane, imo.

Wik Zhalifa

15-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Met View Post
Rumors? Nothing like that, anywayz

Yohachhin, any ideas on how to get over the mana problem after getting Lizard buff (I personaly think 2 mana pots would cover that) and how to get a sucessful gank with Malzahar? I find that the major problem with him, as if the lane doesn't have a stunning champ in it he will fail most of the ganks in that lane, imo.
that's why he wont be a very good jungler...he is able to clean the jungle well thats for sure and no complains...but you need a stunner on the lane where you will gank...
i experienced no mana problems while jungling...golem without problems and right after i am able to do the lizard with lvl 3 and get level 4 beeing ready to gank
mostly you are able to gank mid out of the lizard you will still have blue buff then...

i suggest having coordination and telling your mid partner to let the enemy push...besides smite i suggest having either ghost or exhaust

you need the speed advantage for your first gank to place your spells and do damage...

you will also need your pet to help...you got a slow component with your auto attacks (lizard buff) so you might catch up with the enemy if he hasn't flash or ghost

so ganks will be team dependend and that's not so good for malz...still he jungles fast and he will most likely get control of it...

about the mana problems later on...you can start either with an elixir (red or blue) or with a cloth armor, semi defensive runes (armor/hp/ap) and the famous 1-16-13 rollin
after the elixiers and a jungle tour you are able to buy dorans ring and afterwards boots and complete your normal item guide
after the armor cloth you are able to build it up i suggest rushin ninja if the situation allows it, aegis if noone else gets it, randuins if you are sure you wont need massive ap in endgame or GA if you are sure you might get focused and die fast...

in my opinion i see the cloth armor lacks of something to start smart on malz, i might try finding a set up where you start with boots or dorans ring this would cover your mana problems in mid game

so another thing i tought about starting with meki pendant and two health potions with very defensive masterys...i still dont know if 2 health pots will be enough, so you will most likely go back and buy a new one to do the lizard succesful

that were my 2 cents to the issue i will keep investigating it to find a way to cover his mana issues and gankability issues

also all i know a malz with allowing cooldowns is able to do the dragon easily at level 5 while having 2 pets which crush the dragon
late game malz can solo nashor with having 2 pets and spamming zero zone also he will prolly need a hextech gunblade and about 700 AP~

I WUV OGRANDELEO

15-01-2011

Lately I have not been buying the initial cloth armor, and just run by with pots. As I mostly play premades I don't need many defensive items, and the armor from Zhonyas and mr from Abyssal Scepter seem to be enough to survive.

I'll test some more initial gear to jungle with him and try to get around the fail he is in ganking before 6.

Wik Zhalifa

15-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Met View Post
Lately I have not been buying the initial cloth armor, and just run by with pots. As I mostly play premades I don't need many defensive items, and the armor from Zhonyas and mr from Abyssal Scepter seem to be enough to survive.

I'll test some more initial gear to jungle with him and try to get around the fail he is in ganking before 6.
id like to test ignite instead of smite and having ghost/exhaust

this would help alot at ganking on level 4~
also enemys wont expect you to jungle without smite

golem -> wolves -> waiths -> 2 golems -> abse
lizard -> wraiths -> mid gank would be a way i imagine

ignite would be enough to kill the golem at beginning
and ignite would be ready intime so you can gank better