[Champion Suggestion] Quinn, the Troubled Gunner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lionheart713

14-01-2013

[Name and Title] Quinn, The Troubled Gunner

It was driving me mad how there's no champion whose name starts with the letter Q in the game.

[Lore] Quinn showed great interest toward guns from an early age, living a sheltered life among the upperclass of Demacia. His parents wanted none of it, and hoped that showing Quinn the dangers of guns by forcing him to attend a public execution would make him give up on his fixation. It had the opposite effect, making him revere guns as instruments for delivering justice. He began collecting all the guns he could find, going as far as to have contacts with shady characters his parents wouldn't approve of, to supply him with more guns. His fixation came to a halt when his parents found out about it, and he had to watch them melt all the guns he had collected and send him off to the military, hoping that the horrors of war would bring him to his senses, and made sure that arrangements were made for him never to fight

Keeping to himself, he secretly hated the hypocrisy he saw in everybody around him both in upper society and in the military. He stuck around for the training, and improved his knowledge and skill in all sorts of guns, drawing the attention of his superior and ultimately his parents, who wanted to visit him and confront him about his lifelong "problem."

Knowing this, the nineteen-year-old ran off in the middle of the night with his sidearms and enlisted in the League of Legends in hopes of creating the ultimate gun collection, and publicizing his parents' hypocrisy.

[Attributes]
Ranged, Carry

[Abilities]

Gun Enthusiast (Passive) His fixation with guns gives him a permanent 1% critical chance each time he kills a ranged champion.
Precision Shots Cost 30/35/40/45/50 (Cooldown 18/15/12/9/6 seconds)
Fires three shots from each of his twin pistols in a straight line,
Shotgun Cost 50/60/70/80/80 Mana (Cooldown 60/50/40/30/30 seconds)
Switches to a shotgun that causes 20% of AD for the next 5 shots and pierces through enemies, losing 25% of its effectiveness with each hit up to 4 hits per shot.
Machine Gun Cost 50/60/70/80/80 (Cooldown 40/35/30/25/20 seconds)
Draws a machine gun that sprays damage in a large cone in front of him for 3/6/9/12/15 seconds causing a bonus 5% AD for the duration.
Snipe Cost 100 (Cooldown 120/110/100 seconds)
Draws a powerful sniper rifle that fires a single shot which can pierce through up to three enemy champions, dealing 100/150/200 attack damage to each champion it hits and expires if it doesn't hit any champion after a distance)

[Stats]
Damage 48 ( 3 per level)
Health 400 ( 79 per level)
Mana 260 ( 35 per level)
Movement 340
Spell Block 30 ( 0 per level)
Health Regen 4 ( 0.65 per level)
Mana Regen 6.5 ( 0.60 per level)

[Quotes]

Champion Select Armed and ready.
Move 1 The world is in denial
Move 2 I have a gun for every occasion
Taunt 1 Nice guns. Are you compensating for something?
Taunt 2 They have a name for you where I come from. Bait.
Joke 1 What's the difference between a gun and a man? One talks, the other silences.
Joke 2 There's no problem that wouldn't be solved without a bullet to the head. You just have to find the right head.

[Dance] Gun Fu.

[Suggested Items]

Berserker's Greaves
Runaan's Hurricane
Bloodthirster
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper
Guardian Angel

Lionheart713

15-01-2013

EDIT: Added suggested items.

Please provide feedback. Even if it's bad. This is my first character so any input would be really useful.

axeidentprone

15-01-2013

I'm going to be negative here:
Q needs a damage to be specified
Why does his ulti damage go down when you upgrade it?
Q,W,E,R needs range specified.

I'm going to positive here:
The lore is good.
Abilitys seem logical and sensible
Stats seem logical and sensible
If implemented a champion beginning with Q would finally be available!

Overall a decent champion, very sensible (which most champion suggestions, including my own when I first released it, are not), got quite a modern feel to it. I like it.

Lionheart713

15-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeidentprone View Post
I'm going to be negative here:
Q needs a damage to be specified
Why does his ulti damage go down when you upgrade it?
Q,W,E,R needs range specified.

I'm going to positive here:
The lore is good.
Abilitys seem logical and sensible
Stats seem logical and sensible
If implemented a champion beginning with Q would finally be available!

Overall a decent champion, very sensible (which most champion suggestions, including my own when I first released it, are not), got quite a modern feel to it. I like it.
Thank you for your feedback. I'll answer each point:

I added damage to Q.

Fixed ulti damage (it was flipped for some reason).

I don't really understand the range specifics, so any help with that would be very welcome.

If there's anything you want me to elaborate on, please let me know. I built him based on the stats pages of Caitlyn, Varus, Soraka and Jayce.

Lionheart713

15-01-2013

EDIT Fixed ulti damage, added damage to Q.

Brahadir

15-01-2013

I'm quite new at this, but I think Q looks too much like Grave's Q, and his ult is like an improvement of Cait's ult. I personally like originality on the new champions, but this one has mechanics that are already on the game.
This said, I find his passive quite op. Since most of the supports count as ranged champions, and the same applies to almost every adc, every time he killed all of the enemies on the line he would potentially gain 2%crit chance. When they get to teamfights, the APC are normally ranged too, so that's a potential 3% chit chance every time a full teamfight happens. I don't know, I personally find it OP specially on professional gaming.

Lionheart713

15-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahadir View Post
I'm quite new at this, but I think Q looks too much like Grave's Q, and his ult is like an improvement of Cait's ult. I personally like originality on the new champions, but this one has mechanics that are already on the game.
This said, I find his passive quite op. Since most of the supports count as ranged champions, and the same applies to almost every adc, every time he killed all of the enemies on the line he would potentially gain 2%crit chance. When they get to teamfights, the APC are normally ranged too, so that's a potential 3% chit chance every time a full teamfight happens. I don't know, I personally find it OP specially on professional gaming.
That shouldn't be surprised, because Quinn is inspired by the other gun-based champions in the game. What passive would you suggest I have instead?

Lionheart713

17-01-2013

Do you think I should link this character to any of the already existing characters? Maybe the person who trained him, or some cousin or sibling?

Lionheart713

19-01-2013

This is a bump.

Mierdasesina

Recruiter

28-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahadir View Post
i thinks this isnt so op cause at the end of the game you can take like 15% crit chance, and thats like gp E. I thinks this is a nice passive not op one.