Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Warning] Pando Media Booster.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D3j4Vu

Recruiter

01-11-2013

Copied from reddit;

tl;dr at the end
I had some serious problems with bandwidth last month, so I decided to install some software to track my upload/download rates. It amazed me that at random intervals my upload would go way up , and stay that way for quite some minutes.
I went and checked my processes , and apparantly , this program : Pando Media Booster , was uploading constantly.
After some searching on google , I found out this program is installed when you install league of legends.
but here's the catch : This thing is even uploading when you don't start league of legends , it starts uploading the minute you start your computer. This is real dangerous for people like me , who live in a country like Belgium , where EVERY internet service provider has a download/upload cap.
EDIT : it can also be disabled without having to remove it , go to the launcher and go to settings ( the wrench at the top right corner ) , disable peer2peer sharing. Panda media booster might also be linked to other games though , or even loading on startup like it was with me, a total remove would probably be best.
TL;DR : pando media booster is taking bandwidth/upload from the moment you start your computer , remove it from your computer

It turns your computer into a seedbox for other people downloading the initial installation files. Just Riot abusing their playerbase to alleviate the load on their own servers.

It wont change anything with the download, if you have a limited bandwith each month its really good to uninstall it.

Thorebane

01-11-2013

Just install it

Galli

Recruiter

01-11-2013

Thanks alot sir.

D3j4Vu

Recruiter

01-15-2013

Bump, people should be aware of this .

Aintnokitchen

01-15-2013

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1004121 - EUW Page
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3003731 - NA Page

Lets get the word out!

Andran

01-15-2013

I noticed this after installing windows 8 with its improved task manager, the upload speed from my PC would max out at between 1-2mb/s. If you spam your upload bandwidth your download bandwidth will suffer. After a little bit of monitoring for a while I noticed it decrease in activity over time.

What REALLY annoyed me about this is there is nothing during the installation to give you the option of installing it, and I didn't see anything about it during installation. I imagin its burried somewhere inside the terms and conditions, but it's pretty sneaky.
I didn't uninstall it because I wasn't sure whether it would effect running Lol or anything else that might be attached to it.

Can someone clarify whether this effects running LoL or if they noticed it taking far longer to download updates.

RT Fan Donutdude

01-15-2013

I removed PMB on my machine today after previous problems with bandwidth caps with Virgin Media.

Damn Riot to hell for being ever so sneaky!

Fuelbullet

06-05-2013

Hey i just uninstalled PMB, but after that I've been unable to view my profile through LoL. Lolking works just as before, but when i try to open my profile in the League launcher it stops responding. Have anyone else had this problem?

Nullable

06-05-2013

Sadly you can't install LoL without installing that **** program.

Elleneon

09-01-2013

You sir deserve the biggest cake on Earth! finaly fixed my connection error (timeout)