Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sleeper OP Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kamehameha

03-25-2012

This is a thread where you guys can discuss what you consider 'sleeper op's which are champions who are overpowered but haven't had their potential realised or been exposed into the mainstream, much like pre-nerf Irelia in early 2011.

Personally I think Veigar is a sleeper op who can practically one shot anything mid-late game, with an amazing aoe stun and uber burst damage. He also scales hard into late game unlike most APs. Yet no-one seems to really play him apart from Nyjacky and Scarra, I think this is because he has a huge skill cap when it comes to landing his stun and needing great positioning, as well as requiring a co-ordinated team to protect him from threats who can gap close instantly and destroy him.

I think if a pro streamer was to master Veigar, he could be in the Top 5 champions in the game once someone harnasses his true potential.

Who do you think is sleeper op and why?

TheBurden

03-25-2012

Riven hasn't released her OP in any major Tourney's.
Wait till the next one. :P

Dyrus2stronk.

I CANT PAUSE MOM

03-25-2012

nautilus

Felanis

03-25-2012

According to that logic Nasus is also sleeper OP?

Kamehameha

03-25-2012

Quote:
TheBurden:
Riven hasn't released her OP in any major Tourney's.
Wait till the next one. :P

Dyrus2stronk.

It's funny because I've always considered Riven a champion who is slightly OP in that she gains defense from building offense, making her a powerhouse bruiser with insane damage. She gained a slight nerf on her W and had her Q buffed and I haven't seen a single QQ thread on her since then which is strange. She is still as strong as ever and devastating once she picks up 1-2 kills early game.

Nightmyst

03-25-2012

Nautilus aint a sleeper, I was tempted to say ryze or cass, but they aren't really sleepers either..

Yorick with his insane toplane maybe.

Kamehameha

03-25-2012

Quote:
The OSFMeister:
According to that logic Nasus is also sleeper OP?

If Nasus can farm up his Q and not be countered by the top and his jungler, then he can seem almost godlike mid-late game when he storms towards your carry with his ult on. He is hard-countered though by quite a number of champions and he doesn't have the utility of Veigar or the potential to deal strong burst damage to multiple targets at once. He has the advantage of major tankiness though, so it's a different situation/scenario.

Cyclamate

03-25-2012

You're talking like you already know veigar is one of the best champions...
There's much much more to a champion than what their abilities can do.
Veigar, on paper is an insanely strong champion, but in order to become that strong he needs to spend mana and expose himself farming Q, his mana costs are high on their own and cleanse/QSS can really mess up your plans.

You can call him sleeper OP and i'm fine with that -- good luck mastering him if you're going to.
But you seem like you want to convince other people of your opinion here.

Anyway your point stands, I'll stick with trundle top, and the obvious xerath mid. If you ask me they both have fantastic potential in premade and not so much in solo que

BuckWhite

03-25-2012

Quote:
Adraelius:
This is a thread where you guys can discuss what you consider 'sleeper op's which are champions who are overpowered but haven't had their potential realised or been exposed into the mainstream, much like pre-nerf Irelia in early 2011.

Personally I think Veigar is a sleeper op who can practically one shot anything mid-late game, with an amazing aoe stun and uber burst damage. He also scales hard into late game unlike most APs. Yet no-one seems to really play him apart from Nyjacky and Scarra, I think this is because he has a huge skill cap when it comes to landing his stun and needing great positioning, as well as requiring a co-ordinated team to protect him from threats who can gap close instantly and destroy him.

I think if a pro streamer was to master Veigar, he could be in the Top 5 champions in the game once someone harnasses his true potential.

Who do you think is sleeper op and why?

Poppy = Sleeper Op. Very underrated but nowadays people start realising how strong she is and is becoming more played.

Edit: Le Wild Downvoter appears!

Kamehameha

03-25-2012

Quote:
Cyclamate:
You're talking like you already know veigar is one of the best champions...
There's much much more to a champion than what their abilities can do.
Veigar, on paper is an insanely strong champion, but in order to become that strong he needs to spend mana and expose himself farming Q, his mana costs are high on their own and cleanse/QSS can really mess up your plans.

You can call him sleeper OP and i'm fine with that -- good luck mastering him if you're going to.
But you seem like you want to convince other people of your opinion here.

Anyway your point stands, I'll stick with trundle top, and the obvious xerath mid. If you ask me they both have fantastic potential in premade and not so much in solo que

Well thats the thing, I can't just make this thread and be like 'VEIGAR IS SLEEPER OP LOL', I needed to give you my opinion and state some facts to back up my claim. I currently have a friend whose 2.1k ELO using Veigar and levelling up his 1.7k smurf (even tohugh he's primarily a solo top) so I do believe he's perfectly viable for ranked also.