What? Do we get an MMR/ELO reset in S4?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melarim

29-10-2013

Just read something in Reddit: do we get a soft MMR/ELO reset in S4? Something like your current MMR + 1200/2. I worked hard to get to Gold V (from Silver 4 to silver 5, to silver 4, to silver 3, to silver 2, to silver 1, to silver 2, to silver 1, to GOLD V)before the season would end. Now I'm getting thrown back in silver again? wtf?

Hibbsan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-10-2013

Yes we are going to get a MMR and ELO reset in S4. you are going to have to climb all over again, just like everyone else.

TheLowKing

29-10-2013

It doesn't just throw you back to silver, you have placement games again (from wich you can get gold).
Also, I believe it is a soft reset, so if you were in diamond you can place higher (but I could be wrong).

Baeng

29-10-2013

if you win your 10 placement matches you even could get gold 1 or when you are lucky plat 5

i have 1640 lolking score i know that this is not the same as my MMR but i guess it s close to it

after the rest i should have 1420 and this should be slv 1 so i need to win 3-5 games and i should be again in gold

but thats just theory

Shinku EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-10-2013

Hahaha yes that's why people who stopped playing/got stuck after reaching a 5th division will be demoted, and believe me or not, half of the population in any 5th division deserves to go down anyway (maybe it's not your case, idk, just stating the truth).

Hopefully league drops will be enabled in season 4.

SmokeUK2011

29-10-2013

soft resets give you the chance to get higher than you were originally but it also could drop you lower (albeit you'll still have high mmr in case you were unlucky). It also gets rid of a lot of boosted players because it's probably going to be based on current MMR and not division/league/LP.

DeadHeliX

29-10-2013

I cant wait for the reset.

Melarim

29-10-2013

Oh ok, that's not so bad.

Last question: do I still get the rewards? Or after the placement matches?

SmokeUK2011

29-10-2013

End of Season rewards are based on the division you're in at the end of it, not your MMR, so yes, if you're gold 5 at the end of the season but placed in bronze 1 on soft reset, you will still get the rewards (rewards are given before soft reset afaik)

Melarim

29-10-2013

Thanks for all the help guys!