Best Overall Zed Build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meshari

13-10-2013

[]= what I build

A)Zed vs extremely high hp champs. [Blade, last whisper, Black Cleaver, Warmog, Blood, Boot CD] (my mentality here is to kill any person who attacks our adc because I cant destroy them as fast as my adc)

B)Zed vs extremely high cc champs. [ Blade, last whisper, Black cleaver, Maw, Warmog, boot of magic resist] (my mentality here is to stay back and wait for the cc to go before I go in or at least 2-3 cc)

C)Zed vs extremely high damage team. [Blade, Last whisper, Black Cleaver, Maw, Randium's omen, boot of magic resist.] (my mentality here is to take 1-2 down before I die)

E)Zed vs 2 cc- 3 cc , 3 damage, and ap (general) [magic resist boot, maw, black cleaver, last whisper, blade, guardian angel] (my mentality here is to either get someone who is out of position or be the 2nd-3rd initiator.

If I have any mistake please choose from a,b,c,e and write your comment / why.

Eg.

a) I build (item) it is better because and your item is worse because....

I play Zed a lot, but I am asking you because I want to see if I am making any mistakes.

alakafi1

13-10-2013

i noticed with zed i can build 3 bt and still own everyone late game

but good builds ty

RajaDeva

13-10-2013

if this is zed top seems alright, but rather than a set build you wanna change items depending on who is on enemy team in terms of ad ap cc and who is fed, if you're stomping the enemy throw in an ie. Split pushing is a very effective technique with zed and you wanna start looking into it and builds that help towards namely the item you could be adding into your build is a zephyr.

if this is zed mid, you're doing awfully zed mid is far better as an assasin who specializes in going in killing one then escaping possibly split pushing so your build and mindset is all wrong.

Diesel Uterus

13-10-2013

Hi.
No mistakes made -> your builds seem reasonable.
Just make sure you get that GA every game as your 4-6 item depending on how close to death you might get if you decide to jump in on that Karthus, or cure some Graves disease.

Meshari

13-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guttersniper View Post
if this is zed top seems alright, but rather than a set build you wanna change items depending on who is on enemy team in terms of ad ap cc and who is fed, if you're stomping the enemy throw in an ie. Split pushing is a very effective technique with zed and you wanna start looking into it and builds that help towards namely the item you could be adding into your build is a zephyr.

if this is zed mid, you're doing awfully zed mid is far better as an assasin who specializes in going in killing one then escaping possibly split pushing so your build and mindset is all wrong.

This is Zed mid and I have seen almost all pro people building it in probuild.net.

It was also used in the world championship with almost the same mentality.

I got a smurf to gold 3 with almost only zed this way as well lol...I do not understand how it is bad. Every build has 1-2 defensive item and scales greatly on late game.

Building all ad with no defensive item can let you throw the game especially if the enemy is smart.

RNGesus KaMu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alakafi1 View Post
i noticed with zed i can build 3 bt and still own everyone late game

but good builds ty
That's also what I would suggest.

I don't like botrk on Zed. Zed has no use for attackspeed and no use for the passive %-dmg. The use-effect is nice for Zeds ult, but to hard to hit in a teamfight.
So I would go for Boots, BT, LW, BT, BT, BT. Only thing Zed needs is AD and armour pen. Black Cleaver is not that good, because you probably don't hit enemies often enough to make really use of it (that's also the reason why botrk is bad).

RajaDeva

13-10-2013

Zed at worlds was badly played because no one amazing with him ever rarely got the chance to play him, xpeke, faker, dade, overall I think he had something on the lines of a 45% winrate.

in your build you want one defensive item that is situational, ga, warmogs, maw, rarely randuins depending if they got someoen who needs it, such as vayne. if you've stomped so hard or you dont need any defensive items just something to reduce cc zehpyr is good but you gotta avoid mercs on the odd game you do build it.

with the mindset of things 1 you shouldnt be aiming to die as a mid, if you die one thats large gold boost to your enemy and worse it puts you outta the fight when as a mid, once you're off cooldown you can get back in there.
2 you shouldnt be peeling for your adc that's top, jungler and support's job, you have no cc to stop people attacking him, and it's the adc's job to melt tanks ( consistent dmg to all enemies and anyone in range) you as a mid have other priorities namely your counter part, early you also will need brut to counter armour and the cdr is a neccessity to live and do more dmg, overall it's more helpful than an early defensive item.
3 more so than waiting until the enemy have blown their cc forcing objectives and catchin people out is far better than engaging on the enemy 5v5 as chances are they arent gonna bother to waste all their cc on j4 jugnler, it's gonna be you, if you're rushing in to assasinate someone and dying for it, chances are you could have escaped and lived after killing them if you had a better engagement. furthermore tbh your mentatlity and build shouldnt be linked, your build should be dependant on the game, and your mentality should be dependant on whats happeing right now.

tl:dr
you shouldnt peel for you adc as mid without cc, you shouldnt hope the enemy wastes cc on your jungler or kills jungler before you go in, you shouldnt be aiming to die in mid it's not a good tradeoff, more than one defensive item is unnecessary on zed,your build should be dependant on the game, and your mentality should be dependant on whats happeing at the time.

ps smurfing is highly unreliable, anyone can end up anywhere few good games and you're up to gold a few trolls and you're bronze 5, it's highly reliant on statistics, about 1000 games is where people's true elo comes out.