Lucian, the Purifier

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheInactiveWall

10-07-2013

I know this is a bit off topic, but I got interested in you saying that you are already designing a new champion...
Is it hard to make that switch in your brain? I mean, you worked on Lucian for such a long time he must be all you can think about, League related.
Is it hard to forget about his kit and all he does so you don't accidently mix in some of his skills with the champion you are designing?

Speaking of skills, you said a lot of skills were left on the cutting room floor. What were those skills (or functions of existing skills). Why where the scrapped. Where they too game breaking? Did they do too much damage or didn't they fit the kit?

Also, skin idea: Consumed Lucian... Consumed by the Darkness he is now one with the Darkness, hunting the living instead of the undead... idk

MrZakalwe

10-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodthorne View Post
If it does, we have found our first broken botlane comp :P.

Just imagine the burst damage if you only have a muramana + lvl5 Nami buff... That is some quick botlane pwnage right there :P.
I'd you can get muramana and Nami's level 5 E on an ADC before bot lane pokes are irrelevant I'm impressed

Janna OP

10-07-2013

Hi I've a cup of questions;

Q1: His kit looks like he is a burster but Graves has this already. Do they have the same role actually?

Q2: Which range does all of his skills has? Like Caitlyn range or more like Quinn range?

Q3: Depending on his range of his skills, can he be played on Top and Middle lane? He sounds like he has the range to go mid and bully the mid laner with his range or going top to bully the top laner without getting touched. This thing also happened with Quinn which get more played as Top/Mid then as AD carry.

Q4: Will he fits with all kind of supports like Thresh but also with Soraka? I think he will but I am not sure if he really does.

These are my questions. You've done really good work to start with an AD carry! Thanks a lot for this! This AD carry fits my style I think and you really did a good job.

ZenonTheStoic

Champion Designer

Follow ZenonTheStoic on Twitter

10-07-2013
31 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooshiro View Post
@Zenon

Is there any way he could be played anywhere else than bot? I really like his kit but i'm not really fan of bot lane.
Froggen hit me up on Facebook today to ask me some questions around Lucian's waveclear. Depending on how strong that is, Froggen thinks Lucian could be competitively viable in mid lane. We'll see!

Qontai

10-07-2013

The smiley in the /Joke is a bit childish lol

Lïnk

10-07-2013

@Zenon

i'm not part of the PBE so i cant try him out yet. one thing i would like to ask is is he more of a burst damage ADC similar to graves or he is more auto attack oriented?

please may i say as an ADC player. thank you for Lucian! I'm excited to play him

ZenonTheStoic

Champion Designer

10-07-2013
32 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownerinspeed View Post
Hi I've a cup of questions;

Q1: His kit looks like he is a burster but Graves has this already. Do they have the same role actually?

Q2: Which range does all of his skills has? Like Caitlyn range or more like Quinn range?

Q3: Depending on his range of his skills, can he be played on Top and Middle lane? He sounds like he has the range to go mid and bully the mid laner with his range or going top to bully the top laner without getting touched. This thing also happened with Quinn which get more played as Top/Mid then as AD carry.

Q4: Will he fits with all kind of supports like Thresh but also with Soraka? I think he will but I am not sure if he really does.

These are my questions. You've done really good work to start with an AD carry! Thanks a lot for this! This AD carry fits my style I think and you really did a good job.
Q1: He has a very similar burst pattern to Graves, only it's more spaced out. If he uses all his skills at once, he misses most his burst. He has to do skill, autoattack, skill, autoattack, skill, autoattack and so on. He is more slippery than Graves, but also a LOT less durable. I'd say his role is much more single target focussed than Graves.

Q2: Q goes 1100 units but has to have a target in 550 distance. W flies 1200 units and explodes for another 350. That's probably too much. We'll see. E is a 425 unit dash, and his ultimate has a 1400 unit range--from top to bottom, that's more than a full screen.

Q3: I don't know about non-bot lane skills. He's on PBE. I hope people experiment! But I think he belongs bot.

Q4: Dear God I hope he doesn't work with Soraka. Most boring lane ever! But he probably does. Infuse is great on a heavy skill using ADC.

ZenonTheStoic

Champion Designer

10-07-2013
33 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInactiveWall View Post
I know this is a bit off topic, but I got interested in you saying that you are already designing a new champion...
Is it hard to make that switch in your brain? I mean, you worked on Lucian for such a long time he must be all you can think about, League related.
Is it hard to forget about his kit and all he does so you don't accidently mix in some of his skills with the champion you are designing?

Speaking of skills, you said a lot of skills were left on the cutting room floor. What were those skills (or functions of existing skills). Why where the scrapped. Where they too game breaking? Did they do too much damage or didn't they fit the kit?

Also, skin idea: Consumed Lucian... Consumed by the Darkness he is now one with the Darkness, hunting the living instead of the undead... idk
Yeah, it's really hard to switch. My next champ should be getting more attention right now--I need to have a prototype ready really soon. But obviously I got Lucian on my mind, and my multitasking sucks.

Bubbletooth

10-07-2013

How would you feel if Lucian gets picked in the LCS?

iBananas

10-07-2013

Zenon, i was watching a stream with a lucian rabadon + 5 nashor tooth one shotting the dragon with just hit ultimate, isnt that a bit over powered?