Item Preview – The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

abid93

15-11-2012

isnt this kinda like tiamat?

skrili

15-11-2012

uhhhh khog'maw wiht W and madreds and that item is gonna be a terror **** THE BRUISERS YES

SatoruKlein

15-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Scrub View Post
Ranged only.
Kayle is ranged while using her E. Her attacks with her E are treated as ranged for all purposes (e.g. with the current Tiamat, they apply 35% splash, instead of 50%).

But yeah, I am wondering, would the extra hits proc her E's splash damage? If so, good old carry Kayle gets even better.

Il Guiscardo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-11-2012

Kog'Maw Bio-Arcane Barrage proc ?

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

15-11-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berossus View Post
This + wits end = ?
This + rageblade = ?
This + Lux passive = ?
Yes
Yes
Kind of - Lux will be able to proc the mark on any targets she hits with a spell but Hurricane will not proc each mark more than once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crod View Post
You talked about almost all ad carries, But what about twitch? His poision applies to all 3 too right?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrioMusica View Post
Ionic Spark is being removed, therefore it won't affect him.

Xepherous, mind enlightening us if it'll affect Kog'Maw's W? Imo, that'd make him pretty imba, even with the 50% ad.
Yes this works with Kog Maw's W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Sige View Post
What about Sivir?
This has no special interaction with Sivir, though it will still split her basic attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vynzs View Post
How does this interact with Kayle's E, Mordekaiser's Q, Nasus's Q, and Shyvana ?
All of those attacks are actually melee attacks so none of them would work. Kayle still counts as a melee character even when her E is active. We could change this but it would be a nerf her in a number of ways (reduced effectiveness of items like Frozen Mallet, Lizard Buff, etc). Also as a melee champion Kayle benefits from the new Tiamat when her E is active and inactive.

Croix Bartel

15-11-2012

I don΄t think this item will do what it is supposed to do.
The purpose of this item is to give ad carries with strong aoe the choice to specialize into there aoe ('Varus,Corki).
However (if im not mistaken),those who benefit from this item most will be ranged champs with strong on hits (and those who benefit from building on hits) such as Teemo and Kog maw, giving those who already have strong single target dmg but no aoe the power to just destroy people in teamfights.

Questions:
Does hurrican has the same range as the "basic attack"- range of a champ and thus scale with tristanas passiv? Does the bolts of hurrican prioritize champions over minions and is it more likely to get hit from a bolt if a in close range of the target which got hit by a "basic attack" or if you just near the attacker?How does hurricane interact with kayle,Twitch(ultimate) and Twisted fate W (-6 sec cd multi stun???) ?

CyberRage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-11-2012

I can see this item being really broken on Teemo and Kog'Maw, but I like the originality! Hopefully this can be balanced as it seems like a very fun addition to the otherwise rather stale AD carry itemization. This will probably also bring up a lot more ranged bruiser champions up the line like Nidalee and Teemo.

A few questions though, how will this work on Jayce? Will it work with his ranged / atk buff?

Can you turn this item on/off? You could get unwanted pushing / tower focus with it on.

FlyerDragon

15-11-2012

I'd suggest to make this cool new item passive a TOGGLE one: I'm thinking about an early rush to this item during the laning phase, it improves your AoE damage in fights but maybe you don't want to push yet

Waywatcher09

15-11-2012

When i see this item i am afraid that champions like teemo, twitch maybe kog will need to get nerfed because of this item. Escpecially teemo because most of his damage is from his from on hit effect (and he will get to do llike double the damage). Which will mean he will be nerfed so that he will be balanced with this item, but completly useless without this item. So you will need to build this item always (or even rush it) to do good damage.
I also am afraid this item wont get really balanced, and just nerfed to a place where only a few champs will really be able to use it.

I would like the item more if it didnt do any on hit effects (no abuse champs and probably a way lot easier to balance). But the other attacks can crit, so it is really just an aoe damage for ad carries.

PerKiller

15-11-2012

Sounds like ALL AD carries will be OP with this item. It will probably be very expensive, and probably not be worth getting before that standard IE+AS+Lifesteal; so it will just help the leading team round up the win faster I guess.

I personally don't feel like AD-carries should get AoE-effect...that's the entire point about being AD-carry - that your team can protect you and that you successfully keep positioning yourself right.

I think it sounds like this item just will force forth some nerfs later on, and it will erase differences between the different ad-carries, aswell as making carries like Urgot completely useless.

Don't like it.