Almost 1% of the playerbase banned yesterday evening.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

11-11-2012
32 of 51 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altness View Post
Very informative thread, and some of these answers really made my day. It might seem like gloating (maybe it is. I feel like I meet the abussive players all the time, but tend to just ignore and not report).

Im curious as to how you view the players who says /report every time they loose a game? alot of players want to blame someone (and I have bad games as well), but reporting based on a poor performance does not seem constructive. Is reporting a bannable offense for those players who reports in every lost game?
There's an interesting tidbit here. We ran a language processing analysis once on 'good' players and 'toxic' players and tried to determine the most common words used by these populations.

It turns out that for some of the most toxic players in the world, the most common word they use is "reported."

Astute

Recruiter

11-11-2012

I don't know if this has been asked in this thread yet, sorry if it has.

For instance, if a "toxic" player has spent alot of money on RP in this game, and ends up getting permabanned, is there a way for him/her to recover his RP?

I think this is a pretty serious issue, and I would like to see a response on this issue.

KiwiGeneral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL CAPS BRÍ View Post
Every player who got perm banned, including me, has the right to know the reason why he was banned. So far i have no reason why. Sounds fair right?
No you don't. Riot can do whatever they they want with their account.

SenorMister

11-11-2012

RiotLyte, now my favorite Rioter. Keep up the good work mate. Also, good correspondence as well Ymir.

Edit- Also, amazing on the 'Reporter' statistic. Did you run a coherency check? Most trolls/ragers tend to lack what I would assume is basic spelling skills.

tWinkyz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

For me it's unbelievable how some people react.
I also would be aomehow mad, if my acc would be banned, but some answers in this thread are
icredibly close-minded. For example the claim, that Riot only cares about the money:
-would they review the cases manually? (cost time, time is money)
-would they even answer to the ppl in this thread?
-would they even care, if someone is toxic?
A lot lot of respect for Riot (especially Lyte in this case) for their effort!

KoksitoEbeVilioo

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL CAPS BRÍ View Post
Every player who got perm banned, including me, has the right to know the reason why he was banned. So far i have no reason why. Sounds fair right?
Actually if you have read the ToA you would know that Riot have the right to remove your account at any given time w/o needing to give you any information about it. We, the players, have all aggreed to this.

Neobash

11-11-2012

I'm one of the 0,8% toxic players.

I still want to know why you go into this kind of sort me out like trash...

Bakalicious

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Lyte View Post
There's an interesting tidbit here. We ran a language processing analysis once on 'good' players and 'toxic' players and tried to determine the most common words used by these populations.

It turns out that for some of the most toxic players in the world, the most common word they use is "reported."
Out of curiosity, what are the most common words used by 'good' players?

iSanox

11-11-2012

Hello Lyte,

So im playing LoL since 2009/2010 im guessing that over this period i played around 5-6k games, and i have to admit that at the begining i was very toxic player. Later on i got few bans and warnings and finally i really started to care about my future in league community. After 2 weeks ban i understood that im probably very close to perm, so i decided to fix myself. I stopped using offensive words like 'noobs', 'fakers' and stuff.

But sometimes its really hard to hold your nevers off. Today i was playing ranked as 1st pick and i got 2 premaded team mates as 4th and 5th, the last pick wont fill his role in team, he get mad at me for taking 'his' top. I tried to stay calm but later on in game, even if i carried this duo (we won before w30 min mark i guess) this guys keep insulting and flaming me for really no reason. I have to said after this game i decided to stop playing more cuz i get scared by vision of permaban by reports like this knowing how toxic i was in the past.

So here is my point, can u add some tools in tribunal folder to check how much player is toxic? I think that if players could see how close to permban they are maybe somehow they would change their behaviour.

Sir Michael VI

11-11-2012

And the RainMan the most "toxic" player, like u call it is still out there since no one cares about famous ragers...

In my opinion trolls and feeders or afk leavers are way more anyoing than some trashtalk flaming in ranked... almost everyone does it.. u get trashtalked and trashtalk back dont rlly think ppl rlly feel offended by that anymore..