Almost 1% of the playerbase banned yesterday evening.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-11-2012
27 of 51 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorSenior View Post
We all need to accept the fact that Riot is just a Company, TBH they don't give a **** about whats going on. Whole Tribunal is just PR move. All they care about is money and things like Tribunal etc are just ways to get more ppl in game which mean more money. For players playing this game for long time permaban just mean, ehm ok I got banned, lets level up a new account ( with XP boost of course) = moneyyyy.
Actually, we'd prefer if the players never made new accounts and moved to another game. We lose way more when these players keep making new accounts.

We know smurfing is a problem and we're brainstorming ways to tackle it. But for now, banning the players is better than not banning the players because every time we ban, a percentage of them never come back and that's what we want.

Haya Ji

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komkommer View Post
As stated before in this thread, the bigest part of the player base do not even chat at all, part of some pings and calling a mia/ss.

From personal experiece it's better to just let them flame you. They will stop flaming if you do not respond. And at the end of the game push the report button. If the flaming is way to severe, ignore them. Flaming back won't make it any better, it will only make your chances of losing bigger. You said you have a competitive mindset so it's better to just ignore them instead of starting a flame war to this isnt increasing the chance of winning. Even a dual mid sometimes work, try to make the best out of these games.
I know and I agree. But its not always possible. Sometimes we are having a bad moment and we snap. Its a hard effort to let insults pass without an answer at times. And situations happen. Im glad Riot seems to know how to differenciate this, though.

Garnelaf

10-11-2012

hey lyte, I'm one of the people who have been serial offenders, and it sucks and I'm not someone who tries to excuse it, when I review the cases after I actually feel embarrassed about how I behave, but I seem to have a complete inability not to be an ass at times.

Have you ever considered banning chat for some players and maybe replacing it with macro options "Enemy missing middle" "missing top" etc. So presets that enable communication but not harassment. I feel like that would help a lot of players.

CakesDontLie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Any chance you could tell me how often I am reported, and for what? I'm attempting to change my behaviour before I get warned/banned (I often become rather, ehm, harsh when people go Dora the Explorer mode.)

iSpain17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Lyte View Post
Actually, I remember you because I reviewed your case personally during the audit process. I'm sorry to say that we don't want you to keep playing League of Legends, you've damaged the community way too much during your time here.

You've received over 1200 reports with a whopping 28% reports/game ratio. Unlike other players, most of the reports against you are valid as well... with 54% of your total reports being valid Verbal Abuse, Offensive Language or Negative Attitude reports.

I absolutely hate it when I have to tell a player to leave the game, but we don't feel there's a place for you in League. I'm sorry.
You have nothing to be sorry for It is only my fault that my personality is like this. And I have to learn how to behave in the game. I am glad you could answer. And really, do not be sorry, I should feel ashamed. I continue to play the League, I won't be leaving, but I am sure i will not have a case at tribunal again. Bye!

Psychobolt

10-11-2012

Quote:
Actually, I remember you because I reviewed your case personally during the audit process. I'm sorry to say that we don't want you to keep playing League of Legends, you've damaged the community way too much during your time here.

You've received over 1200 reports with a whopping 28% reports/game ratio. Unlike other players, most of the reports against you are valid as well... with 54% of your total reports being valid Verbal Abuse, Offensive Language or Negative Attitude reports.

I absolutely hate it when I have to tell a player to leave the game, but we don't feel there's a place for you in League. I'm sorry.
Recently I had some problems with the tribunal system. I got a warning and my honor bagged removed. I thought the cases that where in my warning where outdated and case number 4 was just a case of a bitter opposite team. Could you shine some light on my recent problems?

Split Spirit

11-11-2012

Quote:
Actually, we'd prefer if the players never made new accounts and moved to another game. We lose way more when these players keep making new accounts.

We know smurfing is a problem and we're brainstorming ways to tackle it. But for now, banning the players is better than not banning the players because every time we ban, a percentage of them never come back and that's what we want.
I'm afraid to ask, what's my percentile.
Other thing, I've been trying to change for months but of course I'm not perfect. Lately I've been performing well and people even compliment me so this ban was a surprise to me... I know in the past i got banned like 5 times in 4 months but recently I recall my last ban was over 6 months ago. Why me? I'm just trying to figure it out, not complaining

Mykybo

11-11-2012

Hi Lyte,
I appreciate the time you take to answer our questions.
I have one as well, please could you tell me how close am I to tribunal?

Worldinflame

11-11-2012

@Riot Lyte , can u case me for what i am banned ? smurfing or what / because i had one bad week and i lost 200 rating , in next week i played well and i back all my elo?

Fenomen emkai

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Spirit View Post
I'm afraid to ask, what's my percentile.
Other thing, I've been trying to change for months but of course I'm not perfect. Lately I've been performing well and people even compliment me so this ban was a surprise to me... I know in the past i got banned like 5 times in 4 months but recently I recall my last ban was over 6 months ago. Why me? I'm just trying to figure it out, not complaining
Same story bro