Almost 1% of the playerbase banned yesterday evening.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CellGoesBoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omg Your tight View Post
I was one of the unlucky one's whos been banned to 08 may, 2286.
Ive payed for alot of skins, trying to support this game, i've never flamed hard, ofc i have flamed, everybody doses. But it seems to me that Someone, like yesterday in ranked on my other acc. Ashe 1-15-3 got more rights to play this game then i do cause i tell her, shes trash. The fact she kept say gank or i continue to feed. is more legit than a guy helping the rest of the team, and telling her the truth. My main "pandashehe" Perm banned. Im glad that i could support ur game Riot. Cause u clearly fhk'd me. with purpose. so many games and fun. now ruined.
I, myself, never got banned, but I'm sure I've got reported for let's say: "Griefing", which I never intentionally do, being rude to people is worse, than being simply bad at the game. I rarely flame, I flame only when I'm in extremely bad mood and want to "troll", but mostly I'm nice "Good Guy Greg".

Riot Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-11-2012
17 of 51 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursÚD View Post
Sure but srsly just say how much reports I got and calculate that up with my honors and you will see I gto FAR more honors then reports.... just check my last mounth reports and compare that to my honors. It will show you that I am far more positive then negative. I would for sure count me to Player B and not to A. You could show me that I am wrong... Pls answer!
The reason I gave the example is actually you are more like Player A

Also, Honors are not 1:1 to Reports, so the comparison you keep asking for is not actually directly comparable.

ALL CAPS BRÍ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Lyte View Post
It's not about the content necessarily. It's about being consistently and insanely negative on teammates in an extremely high percentage of your games.

If you objectively look at Ranked games... not everyone is toxic at all. In fact, you might perceive that every game is toxic but it's just 1 player every time. Theoretically, that means about 10% of the Ranked population might be toxic--not 50% or 100%.

Players often confuse % of games that have raging versus % of players that actually rage.
can you give me my statistics on how many times i've been reported etc, would be nice to know..

Riot Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-11-2012
18 of 51 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyn View Post
I'm not saying I don't agree with the bans but 600 reports out of 2k+ games doesn't sound that toxic to me.
Then again I'm used to playing in elo hell so perhaps the standard in higher elo is reviewed higher.
The average player has about 1 report every 100 games.

I know players often hear they are being reported, but players usually forget or don't follow through at the end of a match. The average player with 2000 games actually has about 20-40 reports total.

sirDarts

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atohmo View Post
You're totally close-minded...

You really think Nike sponsors gonna change their behavior ? Theses guys gonna be permabanned in the next months, nearly sure.

Riot add a system for try to change behavior, so why everyone can't have it ?

I know you want to say me the same sentence again and again, so I don't even know if you can say anything else...
What the hell? Nike sponsors? Who cares? What are you even talking about?

Well why should I say anything else, when the sentence already includes everything needed?

MaickelDamian NL

10-11-2012

Quote:
The reason I gave the example is actually you are more like Player A

Also, Honors are not 1:1 to Reports, so the comparison you keep asking for is not actually directly comparable.
Then tell me exact number of reports I got last mounth pls. Just say the number shouldnt be difficult.

Fenomen emkai

10-11-2012

Quote:
You have 600+ reports. 30% of your reports are Verbal Abuse, Offensive Language and Verbal Abuse. You consistently frustrate your teammates in pre-game chat and in-game chat with things like:

"im not last slot so im not supporting. you force me and i will ad" -- then you choose Promote/Revive as your summoners and choose an AD Champion.
"only i did well, others sucked."
"olaf more than bad, just surrender"
"just surrender, ff"
"why did you hit no, just surrender, trash brand"
"bro u suck"
"u are ignored, trash"
"noob taric"
"leesin u are just wtf trash"
"only i did well, others sucked." --- Look at this game, wasnt it true?
"olaf more than bad, just surrender" ---- If someone is bad i tell him a true. And when game is going like 5-60 of i ask for surrender, because its a waste of time.
"just surrender, ff" --- If ranked game at 2k elo is looking like 2-16 ofc everyone ask for surrender, because its waste of time.
"u are ignored, trash" --- look a this game, if someone flaming me. Ofc i say i ignreo u trash and dont talk with him anymore.
"noob taric" ---------- a world noob is in english dictionary. It isnt a flame.

HTX Dnomes

10-11-2012

Lyte I would really appreciate if you responded to this post.

So I know that I am a toxic player, otherwise I wouldn't receive bans by the tribunal. So to take some kind of action and refrain from receiving further bans, I have removed the chat when I am ingame.
Can I still get banned even though I don't communicate but still use pings?
And do you consider optimizing word filter (adding more words to the list).
Also, is it possible to make a feature where you can disable your own enter button, but you can still see what others write, since that's what I crave for the most.
Also could is it possible that you can specifically come with hints as to what I am doing wrong when I get banned

Thank you in advance and have a good day!

Disclaimer: I know it's many features to stop aggressive brats like me from being douchebags, but I am still asking even though it seems like a far cry.

Kidsan

10-11-2012

Quote:
The average player has about 1 report every 100 games.

I know players often hear they are being reported, but players usually forget or don't follow through at the end of a match. The average player with 2000 games actually has about 20-40 reports total.
That is simply the biggest lie i have ever heard. Sorry but you and I both know that is complete and utter bull****.

Worldinflame

10-11-2012

@RIOT Lyte , can u expain me why it is my first ban and it is perma. without warning i am honorable opponent with many teamwork , friendly and helpful ?