Almost 1% of the playerbase banned yesterday evening.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenomen emkai

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Lyte View Post
Stay constructive. You haven't provided any discussion points at all and just sound like someone who has been banned before--7 times in fact. Then, you were also banned by us manually.

If you want to talk about the Tribunal, then let's talk about Tribunal. I've checked your account and every ban was fair and deserved.
The point is that i never write on chat i dont get provoked. Just tell me for what the hell i got banned.

Atohmo

10-11-2012

So some players deserve to be banned permanently after 3 years playing, without warn about their toxicity ?

ALL CAPS BRÍ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Players should get a final warning before their perm ban, to fix themselves. Any reason to deny this? id like to hear it

Nightcrest

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atohmo View Post
So some players deserve to be banned permanently after 3 years playing, without warn about their toxicity ?
I'm sorry but if you were toxic for three years you should be asking the question why you were not banned 2.5 years ago, not why you got banned 3 years later without a warning.

McDrewbs

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL CAPS BRÍ View Post
Players should get a final warning before their perm ban, to fix themselves. Any reason to deny this? id like to hear it

The temp bans before should serve as enough of a "warning" that you're doing something wrong.

CaliAce

10-11-2012

Lyte,

Just wondering does the the lengh og banns reset at any point. I for one was one of people who got 2 week bann. I know I got banned due boiling too much in the last month or so while trying to reach season 2 goals and the amount of people trolling or so was just ridicilous due everyone who had already go their goal was just fooling around, not trying and generally just trolling games. It gets the worst out of me when I'm still trying my hardest and they don't care. Thinking now afterwards it wasn't worth it, never is.. I just need to let go and not take it personally. I was going to wait season 3 to fully kick off and turn the new page. This bann haunts me, but I wish it will be my last.

Does the harshness and lengh of the banns decrease of if I now go a long time, hopefully forever without getting banned again? Or do I have to play in fear of permabann forever. Not that I should if I behave, but it's going to haunt me for sure. I wish at this point it wouldn't be the thing that drives me to change.

Dreadkaiser

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL CAPS BRÍ View Post
Obviously, because then players would simply act as they like up until their final warning and consider their accounts to have a "lifespan" of freedom.

It's really though more akin to the sword of damocles, if you are being a jerk, then it's going to get you one way or another, it's more WHEN and the not knowing that will affect you hopefully drive your reform

Fenomen emkai

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenomen emkai View Post
The point is that i never write on chat i dont get provoked. Just tell me for what the hell i got banned.
Support is not answering, riot is not answering. Just tell me why?

Komkommer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Lyte View Post
There was a lot of information provided in the e-mails sent to players that were suspended or banned in this previous effort, I'm a bit surprised you aren't posting the entire e-mail.

1) We did not ban the bottom 1% of the playerbase.

2) The Tribunal is not the only way we tackle player behavior issues in the game. In fact, it's only one of the ways you can get banned in the game.

3) Player Support has a separate initiative where they work with the player behavior team and manually audit accounts. In this example, we looked at the worst accounts on the entire server based on their recent activity.

4) We then manually reviewed the cases, looking at reports, chat logs, pre- and post-game chat and a variety of other metrics. Many cases were reviewed by as many as 4 different Rioters in Game Design and Player Support.

5) Given the gravity of the evidence, we had to act quickly and intervene and decided to escalate many of these players to higher Tribunal levels with an immediate punishment; if the players showed clear signs of never reforming, escalated them to permaban.

6) It just so happens that of the accounts we chose, they happened to fall in the worse 0.8% or 0.2% 'buckets' of the population. That does not mean we just banned everyone in those buckets.

7) These bans were all done manually by our Player Support and player behavior teams. You had to show such excessive behavior that we felt we couldn't wait for the Tribunal to act on you, even if it was next week. It was unfair to the rest of the playerbase.

8) To use your own account as an example, I can pull up the case file:

You have over 800 reports. Even filtering all the possible false reports, over 23% of your reports are for Verbal Abuse, Negative Attitude and Offensive Language. You've had half a dozen Tribunal cases on multiple accounts (we can see that you are posting on a smurf account). You subtly troll in your games (we can see pre- and post-game chat and can spectate you in games).

This was not a mistake or a random ban, in many ways we have decided that this set of players do not want to reform so we aren't going to let them continue to ruin games. You know exactly the kind of behaviors that is unacceptable in the game; yet, instead you are arguing about the technicality of not receiving a Reform Card. Let me make it clear: Reform Cards would not make a difference on the players that were banned.
DAFUQ 800 reports? what have you been doing trololol

Riot Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-11-2012
6 of 51 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAce View Post
Lyte,

Just wondering does the the lengh og banns reset at any point. I for one was one of people who got 2 week bann. I know I got banned due boiling too much in the last month or so while trying to reach season 2 goals and the amount of people trolling or so was just ridicilous due everyone who had already go their goal was just fooling around, not trying and generally just trolling games. It gets the worst out of me when I'm still trying my hardest and they don't care. Thinking now afterwards it wasn't worth it, never is.. I just need to let go and not take it personally. I was going to wait season 3 to fully kick off and turn the new page. This bann haunts me, but I wish it will be my last.

Does the harshness and lengh of the banns decrease of if I now go a long time, hopefully forever without getting banned again? Or do I have to play in fear of permabann forever. Not that I should if I behave, but it's going to haunt me for sure. I wish at this point it wouldn't be the thing that drives me to change.
If you become a positive player, your ban levels go down over time. Hundreds of thousands of players have been banned before but now currently have a 'clean record.'