Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotMontag

Player Experience Manager

11-10-2012
6 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostkulan View Post
Lyte, What happens if you get 2 badges like i have. Id love to show it aswell
The one that's hardest to get -- i.e., the most valuable one -- will be presented.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotMontag

Player Experience Manager

11-10-2012
7 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Rton View Post
I have to disagree on some comments: I don't think reporting bad players has really decreased but rather more people aim for earning honor.

However, I'm bit confused with what should I do when people start saying stuff like "Honor all" or along those lines. It's obviously asking for honor so I usually just ignore them but should they be reported from now on?
If you feel someone is asking for honor inappropriately, you can report them for spamming. On the other hand, if you feel they deserve it, honor them. It's really up to you guys what honor means -- just like the Tribunal, we'll collectively define what kind of actions are honorable and which aren't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotMontag

Player Experience Manager

11-10-2012
8 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell M00d View Post
Honor really is a joke, it's pointless.
- It starts with the fact, that a person who simply plays much gets more honor than a person who doesn't, although the latter person often behaves better.
- Then there are the traders.
- And last but not least, it's just a useless number without any consequences or rewards whatsoever.
We've got data coming in every day that shows it's actually doing a lot more than you think. We've shared a bit of that (drop in reports is a big one), but we're looking into more interesting cases, such as toxic players doing a complete 180.

To be honest, we have yet to see how effective that "useless number" is, but so far, we're seeing some promising trends toward it being pretty useful on its own.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotMontag

Player Experience Manager

11-10-2012
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveJessAndPoppy View Post
How do you measure it's less valuable if to everyone who sees it as a full amount?

IE

Someone premading handing out honor and receiving he has 50 50 50 50
Me going solo, being legit I have 10 10 10 10.

Then the real legit people who solo and have 50 50 50 50.

You say it's less valuable but how do people distinguish this?
It's intentionally obfuscated, because there's a lot going on behind the scenes to determine an individual honor action's worth. If you're min-maxing, though, you'll notice that over time you get the best gains from playing solo queue with strangers who honor you regularly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveJessAndPoppy

Senior Member

11-10-2012

I guess time will tell, but it's annoying now seeing players with 50+ in each category and no doubt they are premade honor trading, but are they really nice players? Or morons hiding behind a badge.

It's that what needs to be addressed. It's no good over time, now when honor is actually taking off it seems it can be strange.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tapdatgoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-10-2012

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I have a few questions regarding this.
If they have been answered, I'm sorry for asking redundant questions.

First of all, I have received the Honorable Opponent Ribbon.
I've had opponents ask me how I got it, I've had it pop up when I started up the client once, but I have never seen it myself. Except for that little flashy icon popping up once and the occasional comment, it does not exist for me. I can't see the ribbon and I have no way of actually verifying I have it.
Not even my friend can see it when we duoqueue.

Is it supposed to be like this?
Doesn't really feel like a reward, more of a note on my back but instead of "kick me" it says "honorable opponent".


I'm also wondering whether it's possible to have several ribbons?
If so, would I have the oppurtunity to chose which one I want or is that automatical?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hell M00d

Member

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
We've got data coming in every day that shows it's actually doing a lot more than you think. We've shared a bit of that (drop in reports is a big one), but we're looking into more interesting cases, such as toxic players doing a complete 180.
That's an interesting point, actually. Since when did reports drop significantly? Since August by any chance? If yes, then the reason is your infamous /autoban wave based on pardoned reports. Most people who were hit by this are scared to report now, because it was confirmed that reporting is a gamble against the Tribunal, your account being the wager. Pardoned in Tribunal -> report goes to the "false" list, although it's very possible that the Tribunal judged wrongly instead of the player who reported. As far as false pardons go, there are tons of threads where I try to bring this to attention, with little success.

Additionally, don't forget that many people simply do not bother reporting a clear offender at all, either because they do not care or because they see no point.


Also, personally, I have not seen any improvement in player behavior. In recent days, I played 4 rankeds and I was verbally abused in 3 of them. Like here: http://i45.tinypic.com/5y5g5s.jpg
I just don't see HOW honor is supposed to stop a raging kid from insulting. Like I said a few pages earlier, it's gullible to say the least, that it will be like this:
"Oh my god, if I flame this guy now, I won't get any honor. OH NOEZ, I better stop flaming now!"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veki

Senior Member

11-10-2012

Do we get any prize if we get 100 of each type of honor?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ogami Ittô

Junior Member

11-10-2012

I'm a new player who started about two weeks ago. I've received the teamwork batch a couple days ago, and now the mentor batch. What I find a little scary is that I've yet to see another player with either batch.

But still, it's a really good idea to reinforce positive behavior, and I hope it lasts.

Edit: I also liked the little animations when you're presented with your badge. The attention to detail that went into this game is just outstanding.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GnomishFish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-10-2012

honor system is just useless at the moment, the guy who dies a lot won't die less just because he wll get "honorbalbablablabla teammate" badge, he will continue to die and make bad decisions just because he's honorablablablabla teammate, it won't improve or affect gameplay it's because the ones who feed, do ****,facecheck every bush are either low levels, drunk or lazy as hell after day in work or school to do a sht and they want the ip bonus or whatever it is (maybe playign champ for the first time of his/her life). well maybe only the friendly button which is my fav, i'd always love to play with friendly guys that don't rage or talk ****, and admit it we all can improve in that factor.
while everyone is following system atm, soon it will be another useless button(well hope it won't be, riot made me think "report" button can change things) that will only be pressed in "oh dis guy was so bad and fed me to skylevel so i can oneshot everyone so i gief him honorable opponent!!!!!" situations.