@Riot: Fix this damn LoLdrop Hack!

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eastwooder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutever View Post
Riot are probably trying to sweep it under the carpet until it's fixed. Makes perfect sense as an information vacuum stops it from spreading to some degree, whereas confirming the existence of a hack that can drop people from a game would most likely increase the amount of people abusing it. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the "bugfix" listed in the next patch if it is going to be listed at all.
I think this won't be fixed with a normal Patch, rather an emergency Shutdown and a Hotfix when they found the core of the Problem.

About the information vacuum: i think it's already too late for that, too many ppl posted about this in the forum (also on reddit). The moment you know the name of the hack you can look for it (and abuse it if you're douchebag).

CrtclDmg

10-09-2012

This is from NA Forums with proving vid and some infos from the guy that volunteered to use it in a streamed game. Looks like a red contacted the player afterwards for information.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2561035

Riot seems to be aware, but i also think we won't hear from them before they have a solution.

Concerning the link found in Google. I do not now if its the real deal. Could also be a virus that is simply going with the "flow" to influence more PCs cause some guys cant stand to loose.

Kathface

10-09-2012

Thats some f-cked up ****

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

Follow Riot aBhorsen on Twitter

10-09-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey guys.

We are aware of this issue and we have people working on the cause and what can be done to address it.

I don't know any further details I'm afraid but I wanted to assure you we are looking into it as we haven't had a red acknowledge your concerns.

CrtclDmg

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot aBhorsen View Post
Hey guys.

We are aware of this issue and we have people working on the cause and what can be done to address it.

I don't know any further details I'm afraid but I wanted to assure you we are looking into it as we haven't had a red acknowledge your concerns.
Nice to see a red here. Hope you can solve this issue soon

Xebitu

10-09-2012

Quote:
Hey guys.

Somehow I feel like I've seen this exact same answer before for some other issues....

Riot aBhorsen

eSports Coordinator

Follow Riot aBhorsen on Twitter

10-09-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebitu View Post
Somehow I feel like I've seen this exact same answer before for some other issues....
Unlikely from myself as I don't usually comment on tech issues as it's not my area

Just popped into this one as I raised it with our tech team myself earlier.

TheRealIronSheik

10-09-2012

Are there any plans for temporarely disabling ranked games till this is fixed ?

Lolkers

10-09-2012

Quote:
Unlikely from myself as I don't usually comment on tech issues as it's not my area

Just popped into this one as I raised it with our tech team myself earlier.
This is a big problem in ranked right now, maybe you should disable the queue untill you've rooted out the issue? I've had 2 games "dropped' today.

nervik

10-09-2012

well, i hope you have gotten your hands on the program, as tracking how it works is simple, just put up two individual direct lines between two computers, one running the drophack, execute the drophack while mapping all data traffic on both computers and the individual game session and you should easily see where the program hits. (eg. it hits the enemys ip adresses, but then you should just encode them and the program wont do ****. it should be impossible for it to hit server side as you can choose the enemy you want to disconnect, it doesn't hit indiscriminately like a ddos)

12345678 ... 10