Queue dodge abuse

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gank Luxus

09-09-2012

I do my homework meanwhile I do my homeworks

Achanos

09-09-2012

No offense Yegg i appreciate your efforts to make this game better and i think the decision is good. HOWEVER i think its terribly unfair to ban people for this considering it was never stated to be ban worthy. making rules and retroactively punishing breakers is just wrong even if the rule is right.

LoveJessAndPoppy

09-09-2012

Tell me how you detect the trolls in the champ select?

If there's a troll I'll dodge no matter what, I'd rather not waste my time. so by your words

"If you've dodged a few times due to the occasional troll, you don't need to worry. We will only be targeting the worst offenders, both in terms of dodging and in terms of trolling to force others to dodge. This will be happening sometime in the next week"

How do you distinguish when you've left because you're being trolled? If you punish players for leaving by your own system regardless of the reason, it's wrong.

As long as this game exists they'll be trolls and it's your job to get rid of them. We're doing it our way (By Dodging) Don't ban us for doing it. Since you put the dodge in the game.

Man you guys have made a good game, but you're destroying it with your bad business model.

BlooDxInt

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berossus View Post
THIS community?
Good lord, the last thing this game needs is someone who listens to the insane bullcrap the "community" has to say.
He should start by not listening to what the **** you have to say.

ontopic- Everyone said before this change that this would happen,riot doesnt give a ****, and now bans people - by somehow magicaly knowing what was the reason behind a queue dodge. At this point im glad im a stubborn ******* that never dodges when an ally decides to troll and rather have both me and him lose elo, then wait 30 mins for a new game or else i might get banned.

This is a moronic way to try to improve anything - Best thing riot could do is put a 20elo penalty to dodging and increase the dodge timer to 1 hour for rankeds.
If a kid gets angry in champ select and locks in twitch with revivie+promote, he knows that noone is going to dodge, cause playing the game would lose less elo then dodging, and after the game the troll would get 9xd.

But ofcorse riot isnt able to figure this out and instead they would implement a system, that is pretty much made to be abused, and then ban people for abusing it.

You should learn that best way to deal with a problem is not to punish those that do, but remove their reson for doing it. Right now trollpicking in champ select is saying "leave the queue", but when leaving the queue had bigger penalties then actualy losing the game, noone would leave the game, therefore there would be no need to trollpick, other then to simply **** up a game, wich would most probably get a person banned

Benzire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berossus View Post
THIS community?
Good lord, the last thing this game needs is someone who listens to the insane bullcrap the "community" has to say.
When I mentioned the community I didn't mean the HURRR DARIUS OP community. Not everybody on the forum is retarded and as bloodxint said, people knew it would be abused before the system got implemented.

LoveJessAndPoppy

09-09-2012

So, It goes like this.

Game 1, troll. You dodge
Game 2, (You've already waited 30 mins for dodging) You get in the game and there's a foul mouth you dont want to play with, or instalocker) You dodge.
Game 3, (You waited for 1hr now) You get in the game and maybe decide you don't want a game after waiting so long, or something in real life comes up, you dodge. (No harm in that)
Game 4, There is no game 4 because you've been banned.

Ediwir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

09-09-2012

speak about the devil... heh.

i spent a while talking about this topic last friday. i'm curious to see what you guys gathered up.

AngryKutu

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomnoob1337 View Post
You will never catch me! *queue dodges*

One does not simply catch randomnoob1337!

RiotYegg

Game Designer

Follow RiotYegg on Twitter

09-09-2012
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achanos View Post
No offense Yegg i appreciate your efforts to make this game better and i think the decision is good. HOWEVER i think its terribly unfair to ban people for this considering it was never stated to be ban worthy. making rules and retroactively punishing breakers is just wrong even if the rule is right.
Even for players who ARE abusing the queue dodge feature in some way, if they don't have any other history of toxic behavior, they are far more likely to just get a warning than a ban. We're going through the data carefully and we won't just be handing out bans left and right.

The intent here is to both make the pre-game process a little more pleasant for everyone and to also make it clear what behavior isn't acceptable. We know that we don't necessarily need to ban people to accomplish that.

HerrLaszlo

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotYegg View Post
Greetings summoners,

A few months ago we tried an experiment of removing the Elo penalty for dodging ranked games. In general I think everyone is happy with the results, with a couple notable exceptions:

1. Some players are dodging whenever they perceive that the other team has a stronger composition, with the goal of increasing their Elo through only playing when they have an advantage.

2. There's been an increase of what I'll call "queue dodge trolling", where a player will choose their champion and/or summoner spells in an effort to upset their teammates and get someone else to dodge for them.

Due to these, it can take a frustrating amount of time to get through champion select and into a game, especially at higher Elo ratings. We feel your pain on this issue, and in fact, many Rioters play at high Elos where these behaviors are the most common.

So, where does that leave us now? We're currently evaluating long term plans for further updating the penalty in order to discourage some of the more frivolous dodging. And in the short term, we'll be analyzing all of our queue dodge data for matchmade games and issuing warnings or temporary bans to players who are abusing it excessively.

If you've dodged a few times due to the occasional troll, you don't need to worry. We will only be targeting the worst offenders, both in terms of dodging and in terms of trolling to force others to dodge. This will be happening sometime in the next week.

Until then, may all your champ selects be harmonious and free of dodges!
FINALLY! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS.

I myself play at 1900 elo and it takes about 25min before a game starts. Since i have a household to run, i often don't get to play a game because of the fact i never have more than 1 hour to spare..

seriously, Thank you!

12345612 ... 16