So i just got banned...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmerTS

23-08-2012

Riot you are kidding me. I see people wishing cancer, jail, death and flaming each other for whole game. Ive seen many afkers even on higher elo. Dont tell me i made "false" reports for them. And anyway why flamers, and afkers still are not banned, and we have ban for such stupid reason? Really its most stupid reason for ban ive ever heared,and even now, when Guild Wars 2 is comming in few days, worst possible way to lose players.

EDIT: Btw i just wanted to buy Bloodstone taric give me a se... oh wait i can't log in.

Sakujo

23-08-2012

just tell me one thing. did any1 .. ANY1 of u rioters, who also decided to ban these ppl, say: "i think this is to much. to many players.. innocent ones will be banned for a week."
another one: so be it..
rioter: lets have some fun..
rioter2: RED BUTTON! OH YEAH!
which versions happened?

xXCrashTXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Lyte View Post
Yes, we reviewed many of these cases. In fact, we only targeted players that had an extreme amount of false reports and displayed toxic behaviors themselves in matches.

For 99% of players, this will never impact them. For the players that use reports to threaten and bully other players, we had to be heavy-handed because of the severity of toxicity these players created for others.
I and toxic? are you serious? I don't know what I should choose to report a rager
negative attitude or insults? I always choose negative attitude because it fits in most cases
sometimes I don't even know what to choose for the players behaviour because it is always something between this and this

all in all I will never use your report function again, I'm not going to help you to clean this troll community up

and now I take the ban bye and have a good night

Riot Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

23-08-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegetin View Post
Instead of leaving a mystery of what happens to remaining 1%, why don't you just say "This won't impact users who use the report button responsively?"
This won't impact players who use the report button responsibly

We only targeted players who abuse the report button, use it to bully or threaten other players and have displayed toxic behaviors in the game themselves.

TooPro4You

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-08-2012

Quote:
Yes, we reviewed many of these cases. In fact, we only targeted players that had an extreme amount of false reports and displayed toxic behaviors themselves in matches.

For 99% of players, this will never impact them. For the players that use reports to threaten and bully other players, we had to be heavy-handed because of the severity of toxicity these players created for others.
I do not want to be rude or something but... 40% to 60% is not THAT extreme bro..... also behaviour and false reporting should be handled apart and not together....
Also im fairly sure it wont be 99% of the players that wont feel the impact as there is at least 1 "report x for x plz" comment in EVERY game that most people have played.

Also 7 days for this and for " die to cancer" " your mum x this or x that" " intentional feeding" you give less ban time?

JJise

23-08-2012

Riot Lyte dont get me wrong but there were many other priorities. Requests from the comunity.

Baning people that report... I don't know... Seems like too much effort for a little thing.

Heraklozit

23-08-2012

U can say banned etc. Read summoners code no reason for ban. I read it again nothing. U need to wait unban thats all OR JUST CHACGE GAME FOR REAL LIKE GW2 OR SOMETHILG LIKE THAT OR NEVER PLAY PC. My opinon.

LoveJessAndPoppy

23-08-2012

So Riot Lyte please explain to me this. I've played 2500 games on Gallileo, I've never had a warning, never been suspended, I have 4 leaves In 1 year and a half of playing. I only report afk's and intentional trolls. And now I've been banned.

Tell me where is the justice in that? I can honestly hold my hand on my heart and say I don't troll, I see no point, I'm a 27 year old male with better things to do, if I lose a game I get on with it...

So yeah, that's about it, please explain this.

DarkSide900

23-08-2012

Quote:

A warning? An official thread? Are we humans or just customers? Do you care about us or just about money? You said nothing and now *puff* all these bans without a reason in the mail, you guys, you really disappointed me so much.

ShosannaDreyfus

23-08-2012

lyte i realy wanna know:

you male a new rule for ur game (you can do all day all of us know that)
you teaches no one about changing the rules. you decide u have this statistics, you will ban 10,000 of accounts for 1 week, to show a new rule excist now.
for me as german this is just what we call: "typical amercian way of life" shoot and ask later why

but why u dont teach all users, since today we have this new rule, since today we count false reports and toxicals pp. so that everyone can watch about himselft and try to use the reportfunktion in that way it is right

i dont think i deserve a 1 week ban, and all of these mates who get same

in all forums, you can read that people agree with this new rule, but most people disagree with the punishment u choose to install the rule

(sry for bad english, this isnt my main lanquage but in german forum, riot is mostly inaktiv)