So i just got banned...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dogie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-08-2012

Guys the reason has already been confirmed.

Delivrator

23-08-2012

If that **** is confirmed, i think they just gave many players a good opportunity to leave LoL. Many of us are reporting a lot, just because we are fed up with "players" wishing us to die from cancer or wanting our mothers to burn.
BTW, i'll read the summoner code again, but i don't remember that i accepted to be banned for reporting too much xD That's just senseless really.

DarkSide900

23-08-2012

I agree, if that's the reason i will leave LoL OR i won't report anyone from now on.

Blue Highway

23-08-2012

I won't quit LoL but i will never buy any RP or report anyone again.

Mikeyz the brave

23-08-2012

fine, ban people who report too much, BUT DONT YOU DARE TO QQ 1 WEEK LATER ABOUT TOO MUCH TROLLS

ShosannaDreyfus

23-08-2012

thats just a joke

make a new rule and teach nothing about it, just ban 10,000 of accounts for 1 week, cause they reportet to many, who were not observe to report (sry for bad english)

u must read NA Forum, Lyte told, 1 week for all who reports to many wrong

and now many many players are very angry, cause get bannend, while they reportet people and did not know that this (if you report false) is 1 week ban for urself

Delivrator

23-08-2012

What will happen is we will always mute all players if we don't stop playing. Really, i can't understand that "great idea" from Riot.

Btw, 1 week ban for a "Warning", are they drunk ?

Riot Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

23-08-2012
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Hey EUW,

I'm happy to answer questions about this over the next little bit in this thread. We have been doing some micro experiments and analyses on false reporters and we have noticed a common trend; many of these players are some of the most toxic influences on their games and have been punished multiple times by the Tribunal. For example, we noticed that these are players that tend to threaten other players with reports and bully players with reports.

Let's be clear here: it's 100% OK and encouraged to report trolls and toxic players. In fact, I just pulled up an account on a similar NA thread who has reported 200+ players and has an excellent report weight. Compare this to a player we banned who reported 1000+ players and 630 of them were innocent players that did not deserve bans.

For 99% of users who use the report button responsibly, this will never impact them.

OmniZantetsuken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Lyte View Post
Hey EUW,

I'm happy to answer questions about this over the next little bit in this thread. We have been doing some micro experiments and analyses on false reporters and we have noticed a common trend; many of these players are some of the most toxic influences on their games and have been punished multiple times by the Tribunal. For example, we noticed that these are players that tend to threaten other players with reports and bully players with reports.

Let's be clear here: it's 100% OK and encouraged to report trolls and toxic players. In fact, I just pulled up an account on a similar NA thread who has reported 200+ players and has an excellent report weight. Compare this to a player we banned who reported 1000+ players and 630 of them were innocent players that did not deserve bans.

For 99% of users who use the report button responsibly, this will never impact them.
I'd like to know the exact number of my "fail reports" and when I did them because you can't ban me like that without proof.

thor2002ro

23-08-2012

this guy has been spotted in riot headquarters

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chapellecrack-300x300.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	97879