The Achievement system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EUW Iceblaze

01-08-2012

With upcoming Season 3, I think it is the best time to make use of that grayed out Achievements button in our profiles.
Riot already came with 100 champions, 4 playable maps so I think it is about time to come with a totally new mechanic, which will reduce the repetitiveness of the game.

Introduction to Season 3 is the best time to start it, since it is the beginning of new era when i.e. 100 victories achievement starts counting.
It is not that hard to come up with ideas for achievements and LoL community certainly has some ideas already. (Kill Yorick with Zyra "Plants vs. Zombies")
The only problem may be those achievements that will interfere with gameplay, so that players won't play for win but for achievements.

Hope this won't get lost in the oblivion of the forum. Have a nice day. :")

Nukumori

01-08-2012

bump

Rayvén

01-08-2012

If they introduce them... disable them in ranked games already at the very beginning.

No need for people who strive for the "die 5 times with double buff to a jungle creep", "end a game with a 0/0/0 score" or "reach 500cs in one game" achievements.

MJstic

01-08-2012

Bump...

P.S. Btw i agree with u about achievements ruining the game since there alrdy are too many trolls and greedy *******s who play not for fun or excitement but for IP and ELO and flame too much about it... but there can be a system made that will prevent that i'm sure riot will make up smthing...

SethVortu

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayvn View Post
If they introduce them... disable them in ranked games already at the very beginning.

No need for people who strive for the "die 5 times with double buff to a jungle creep", "end a game with a 0/0/0 score" or "reach 500cs in one game" achievements.
NONONONONONONO you got it all wrong. Achievements like that, if achieved in ranked, earn you an instant 1 month ban

Nukumori

01-08-2012

Easy solution, Riot won't make silly achievements like die to jungle camp.
Something like: "Ninja Power" - Win a match with all 3 members of Order of Kinkou (Shen, Akali, Kennen) on the same team.
or "The Duo brothers" - Win a game with Darius and Draven on the same team.
It's not that hard to make achievements that won't support losing in game or trolling.

Fluzzy

01-08-2012

Achievements.... no thanks.

TouchMyGiblet

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukumori View Post
Easy solution, Riot won't make silly achievements like die to jungle camp.
Something like: "Ninja Power" - Win a match with all 3 members of Order of Kinkou (Shen, Akali, Kennen) on the same team.
or "The Duo brothers" - Win a game with Darius and Draven on the same team.
It's not that hard to make achievements that won't support losing in game or trolling.
Even this will have problems as people will be playing darius if there is already a top just to get the achievment, or what if people pick these champs they are not good with just to get the achievement. It would probably be best just to have a completely different set of achievements for ranked such as, "Climb 100 ELO in 1 day" or "Win a game in under 20 minutes (surrender doesn't count)"

Anything that people will have to work for is good as it will encourage people to work hard for the achievements in game.

L4nceeEE

01-08-2012

i would rather see dominion ranked then achiv system

EUW Iceblaze

01-08-2012

It doesn't have to be complicated, simple stuff like: Win a ranked game, Win 10 games in a row, Buy 10 champions, Buy all 450 IP champions, Buy 1 skin, or something long term like Win 100 games.