Tribunal: The First Year

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

25-05-2012
1 of 10 Riot Posts

Summoners!

It’s been one year since the release of the Tribunal, our system developed to empower members of the League of Legends community to determine what conduct they consider appropriate to a positive gameplay environment. Alongside the Summoner’s Code and our LeaverBuster system, the Tribunal has played a key role in our ongoing commitment to keep the League of Legends community constructive and enjoyable.

With one full year of Tribunal in the books, we want to take a look back on the past year and share a few stats detailing the impact of your service to the League of Legends community:

• More than 47 million votes have been cast in the Tribunal
  • 51% of Tribunal cases result in a guilty verdict, with only 5.7% earning a permanent ban
  • 50% of players warned by the Tribunal just once never end up there again
  • Over 700 individual cases were personally reviewed by Lyte and me

To help keep up the momentum, we’ve launched some new improvements to the Tribunal. These new features are aimed at helping summoners like you deliver verdicts even more quickly and accurately:
  • We’ve updated the color palate to ensure that chat and report explanations are red-green colorblind friendly.
  • The game mode and queue type (Ranked or Normal) are now displayed
  • The defendant’s summoner spells and total gold are now visible
  • Information on the defendant’s teammates, including their champions, levels, items, summoner spells, gold, minion kills and kill-death-assist ratio is now included
  • Chat filtering options have been added to the chat log

Since the release of the Tribunal, your judgment has played an important role in helping to make the League of Legends community a more fun and friendly place to play. The Tribunal always needs help from summoners just like you, and voting takes only minutes. If you’re level 30, do your part and [URL2="http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal"]vote in the Tribunal today![/URL2]

Antoniopz4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-05-2012

I have been banned for getting myself killed more then i should have because I'm my team did not comunicate for to us to make a good teamfight please consider again for I have been banned inequitably

OuterRaven

26-05-2012

Nice to see that they're updating the Tribunal, but I still feel like the reward for reviewing cases just isn't worth the time I spend on them. Reviewing 15 cases just to get a tiny bit of ip is just not worth it, when I could be playing and getting twice/three times the ip and having fun at the same time.

żiggy

26-05-2012

PUH-LEASE! Reports don't work and we all know that.

Riot Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

26-05-2012
2 of 10 Riot Posts

We recently developed some new tech that allows us to launch new Tribunal features to players with little to no downtime.

For example, in addition to the new features today, we also implemented:
- Timers before you can make a verdict has been changed to 20s
- The level limit to use the Tribunal is now Level 20

RiotTabb, RiotAaronMike, RiotSeb, statuskwoh, RiotPi, omgbotcfg, B1naryV1s10n and chrisstie were all major contributors to this Tribunal tech and they will be helping me develop the next set of features...

Zokari

Recruiter

26-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterRaven View Post
Nice to see that they're updating the Tribunal, but I still feel like the reward for reviewing cases just isn't worth the time I spend on them. Reviewing 15 cases just to get a tiny bit of ip is just not worth it, when I could be playing and getting twice/three times the ip and having fun at the same time.
The reward is supposed to be that you clean up the community of the trash so you don't have to play with them any more.

That's not to say I don't agree with you, the rewards for successfully solving a case is rather low considering the time we're told to take, in making sure that we deliver the right verdict.

UserBanned

26-05-2012

"boss", you should'nt copy/paste your own post :/

sirDarts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-05-2012

Wow, only 51% are guilty? That's very surprising.

Jukantos

26-05-2012

Ha ha, even Reds are not immune to the forums glitchy double-post software :D

"Only 5.7 Percent receiving a permanent ban".

That sounds like you're proud of it. Honestly, when i see how many racist and ignorant players are out there, who openly admit they don't give a **** about the rules and are simply looking to destroy as many games as possible, that number sounds horrifyingly small. Also, have you been ingame lately? I'd recommend you create an anonymous account between 700 and 1200 Elo, just play a couple of games per week and you will see why people are STILL calling the tribunal ineffective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirDarts View Post
Wow, only 51% are guilty? That's very surprising.
not really. Think about it, how many times have you been reported for "Intentional Feeding" just because you were outplayed by a superior opponent? 80% of the community do not understand that there is a difference between loosing a lane and getting snowballed/towerdived to some kind of 1/5 stat and walking into turrets at own will, to destroy the game. How many times have i been reported for countering the flaming of my team with sarcasm? (it's fun to see how any flamer leaves or ignores as soon as they get argued to the wall, i know it's wasted effort but i see it as rhetoric sports)

Sandcoat

26-05-2012

I still get trolled 8 out of 10 games, but good job I guess

1234511 ... 22