EU West Petition - Anivia's Mana costs and Jarvan's Ultimate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stylooke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

Anivia is already one of the higher tier, if not highest tier, AP champions. Buffing her would be ridiculous. I agree with you though that Jarvan's ulti is in a strange spot with many champions being able to get out extremely easily.

Flies2011

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styloke View Post
Anivia is already one of the higher tier, if not highest tier, AP champions. Buffing her would be ridiculous. I agree with you though that Jarvan's ulti is in a strange spot with many champions being able to get out extremely easily.
She lost that place after the (unecessary) nerf, she was fine, she was stable
Her damage was compensated with her squishyness, and her lack of mana was compensated with blue buff
Now, she just can't sustain mid without losing mana at some point, her cooldowns are good enough for the skills and utility she has, all I ask is a small reduction on her ultimate without any type of ''payment'' in return (like damage reduction, etc), something like 5 of mana or so, so she can at least have a little more sustain

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

02-05-2012
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Just checked with the some of the live balance team r.e. Anivia's mana costs, they don't have any immediate plans to change them directly, though are planning to watch with interest how much the upcoming Chalice of Harmony upgrade does or doesn't help Anivia out in the short term.

Regarding her wall/Jarvan's ult what we'd like to do is change them so that they act like proper terrain, blocking a lot of champions from easily passing through them with skills that aren't intended to do so. Can't offer any timeframes on that unfortunately, gather it's a pretty tricky task, it's definitely on our tech backlog though and once done would also help us use temporary terrain on future champions in a way that felt good/behaved as expected.

Flies2011

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Just checked with the some of the live balance team r.e. Anivia's mana costs, they don't have any immediate plans to change them directly, though are planning to watch with interest how much the upcoming Chalice of Harmony upgrade does or doesn't help Anivia out in the short term.

Regarding her wall/Jarvan's ult what we'd like to do is change them so that they act like proper terrain, blocking a lot of champions from easily passing through them with skills that aren't intended to do so. Can't offer any timeframes on that unfortunately, gather it's a pretty tricky task, it's definitely on our tech backlog though and once done would also help us use temporary terrain on future champions in a way that felt good/behaved as expected.
Thank you for giving us some clear feedback, we're truly grateful to know that Jarvan might have his ultimate changed in the distant future and for better, working as ''true terrain'' in-game, not being trespassed with such ease with low-cooldown utillity spells (which a LOT of champions have these days, if you count them, it's not fair for the guy), and the fact that you guys will also be looking into Anivia's wall makes me happy too (as she is one of my fav. champions she's a gem ain't she?)
Thank you guys for the time you used in coming here and giving us some responses, we really appreciated the effort, I guess we'll have even more reasons to tune in for the patch notes coming in the next months

no pattern

02-05-2012

Funny how Anivia needs to B after 2 cycles while champs that deal twice the dmg also have triple less mana cost(cassiopea for example).

Anivias real source of damage comes from her R+E since its quite hard to double hit with Q.

Not to mention if you miss q which happens very often your basically screwed. That stun is her life saver and 40% of her dmg output. Wall wont do jack **** since every champion nowdays has his/her/its own jump/dash/teleport.

The reason why people tend to ignore her is not only because of her high skillcap,but also because her not so high rewarding attributes compared to other champs.

Dont get me wrong,im not saying she is weak by any means. She rocks. But her skill/reward gap is like grand canyon. People rather play less difficult champs that are easier rewarding and sometimes more rewarding.

Daddy Pimp

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymir View Post
The problem with that is that it isn't very explanatory for players. Escape = do something good, using an escape ability that backfires like that isn't fulfilling and would just be confusing.

A silence on the other hand is very visible, however it might also have more negative effects than positives for gameplay overall. I'm not a designer, but those are my thoughts on it.

I'll definitely pass this thread onto those who study the ancient mysteries of Champion Design.
On the other hand, if you 'escape' nautilus his ult and flash to the back of the team, you end up knocking them up too. Punishing them as well...
Can't Jarman receive something similar?

sinbiter

02-05-2012

I agree about jarvs ult but aniva is stronk and fcking annoying as she is. And she will get that new item with high mana regen soon

Mosurah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Regarding her wall/Jarvan's ult what we'd like to do is change them so that they act like proper terrain, blocking a lot of champions from easily passing through them with skills that aren't intended to do so.
When working on this issue, please think of Trundle, too. His kit just feels so bad when 3 out of 5 champions in the enemy team simply use skills to move through the pillar.

Edit: Not assuming his kit is bad in general, but the more recent champion releases can kite him too easily.

waelbecha

02-05-2012

Any hints on what the planned upgrade to the Chalice of Harmony are?

no pattern

02-05-2012

Only thing anivia needs is lesser mana costs. Outdates mana costs on dem skills.