Trading Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeastEye

04-04-2012

So I've been coming across this fairly often in games. Two people pick champions for each other, then they have 30 seconds to trade but unfortunately one of them goes on a toilet break, leading to a completely lopsided game for the opponents.

Over only the past few days I've had/seen this happen in:
a soloq ranked game I played (Taric and Lee Sin)
a premade ranked game I played (Udyr and Morgana)
a game Dyrus played at 2400+ ELO (Janna and Jarvan IV)

now it turns out two of these were won anyway (the premade and Dyrus game, Dyrus game due to a dc though). In the lost game though, we had one person who became so mad at this switch that he went afk from 5 min into the game, and by 10 min my whole team had followed, and quite frankly I'd say this was a completely unnecessary loss when really there is a quite simple fix for it.

Allow trades to happen before every pick has happened. It should really just be this simple:
You come into the champion select. Although the bans aren't even completed yet, you still have the option to request a champion trade with anybody on your team. This request will not be acceptable for the other player until both players have locked in, and should either one of the two players not have the champions they are requesting to trade, the request will be automatically cancelled. If they both do have it though, the trade will be either:
- performed immediately (will allow for better chain-trading)
- in an accepted state and will automatically trade once all the picks are completed (as to not give anything away to the enemy team before the picks are completed)
- and thus the optimal way: trade happens immediately however the opposing team does not see that the trade has taken place until after all the picks are completed.

So as an example, using the optimal way suggested above.

Player 3 joins a soloq game. He talks to Player 1 and they decide to trade champions. Player 3 thus requests a trade with Player 1, which Player 1 gets notified about but cannot accept (although he can decline should he want to do so). Player 1 then picks Morgana for Player 3. Once Player 3 has picked Jarvan IV and locked in, Player 1 can accept the trade, which he does. The trade happens immediately however the opposing team cannot yet see that it has taken place. This allows Player 1 to request a trade with him premade friend Player 4 who had locked in Janna and so they trade, again without the opposing team being able to see the trade. Once the enemy team locks in the last pick, both the trades are shown to the enemy team and the final 30 seconds before a game proceed as normal.

Now to me, this sounds like a much more proficient away of trading and will definitely assist the forgetful people who sometimes forget to trade (luckily I'm not one of them ^^) and will thus improve the gameplay more, so people don't have to play the wrong champ, with the wrong runes, masteries and summoner spells and whom they have only ever played once before and they have no interest in playing.

Ideas, suggestions, complaints, criticism? I'm open to all, just keep it coming in this thread and if you approve of the suggestion please throw in a thumbs up on this post so Riot take note of it, ty! (y)

cru4

04-04-2012

trade eve for vaine.

BeastEye

04-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cru4 View Post
trade eve for vaine.
what? o.o

CrystalFlame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2012

Just a random troll ignore him
I agree with the idea though,lost many games cuz of this