The program can't start because d3dx9_39.dll is missing from your computer.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Fairy Fap

25-03-2012

I recently used my 32 GB USB 3.0 Memory Stick ot swap LoL from my laptop to my desktop, and when I tried to launch the client, this error message showed.
Is there a possible fix for this?

Eufuu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Buddychrist

25-03-2012

DirectX software from Microsofts homepage repairs missing connections for the files after a copy transfer(You normally install sh*t from scratch)

BigBossGR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-03-2012

Swap lol? Yo just made a copy of it? Dude, you need a clean install...

crane hermit

25-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOSSGR View Post
Swap lol? Yo just made a copy of it? Dude, you need a clean install...
This.

I have no idea what i am doing? An instal puts files inside the windows registery, if you only copy the lol files, registery files miss. You need to INSTAL it on your other pc.
Plus you need directX download, type it into google and you will find it.

Downvote me please.

SandScorpion

25-03-2012

It's easy enough to fix without reinstalling.
Download the missing file, just google the file (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=d3dx9_39.dll)
After downloading it, put the file in the system32 map, it is located at C:\Windows\System32
Try running the game again.

If this fails, I'm afraid you do need to reinstall the game by running the installer.
Then again, if you reinstall the game properly from the installer, you are sure everything will be as it should be.

Cypherous

25-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane hermit View Post
This.

I have no idea what i am doing? An instal puts files inside the windows registery, if you only copy the lol files, registery files miss. You need to INSTAL it on your other pc.
Plus you need directX download, type it into google and you will find it.

Downvote me please.

Incorrect, LoL doesn't need to be "installed" as such as is a completely portable application, however it does require the directx 9.0c runtime libraries to be installed on the target computer, installing DX9 will resolve the issue, note that DX9 runtime doesn't actually ship with windows vista and windows 7 by default so even though you have DX10/11 installed you still need to install the DX9 files, i've not reinstalled LoL on this PC since like december 2010 and i've reinstalled windows a few times in that time, install DX9 and it will run fine

Sherom

Player Support Lead
Player Behavior

25-03-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherous View Post
Incorrect, LoL doesn't need to be "installed" as such as is a completely portable application, however it does require the directx 9.0c runtime libraries to be installed on the target computer, installing DX9 will resolve the issue, note that DX9 runtime doesn't actually ship with windows vista and windows 7 by default so even though you have DX10/11 installed you still need to install the DX9 files, i've not reinstalled LoL on this PC since like december 2010 and i've reinstalled windows a few times in that time, install DX9 and it will run fine
Thank you very much for the clear explanation. This should solve the problem but in case it did not, feel free to submit a ticket to http://support.leagueoflegends.com

Stefsuck

15-10-2014

How will I install Directx 9 on my pc windows only allows DirectX 11 . and non other this d3dx9_39.dll is a waste of my time .... at first I had a problem with my lol client not working and lagging . everytime I go to support page I get a reply from a BOT . it tells me to download java and send info to them . rito broken man !

Eambo

15-10-2014

Stefsuck you just bumped a post from 2012, please create a new thread if you're having issues.

DX9 Redist. can be downloaded from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...s.aspx?id=8109

Download that, extract it to a folder, run the setup.exe and it'll install DX9 on your machine.