Update Failed. Unspecified error occurred.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lynad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

21-03-2012

Cant get past this, have tried patching on all 3 different servers, same ****. Ive saw on forums on here, na and eune that people have this problem yet riot havent mentioned it at all.
What can i do to fix this ?

mySentinel

21-03-2012

exact same for me

Riot Sherom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Player Support Lead
Player Behavior

22-03-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you've been having problems trying to patch League of Legends. Most often players will run into this problem due to a failed self-patch of the patcher. Luckily, you can have the patcher re-patch itself by simply deleting the following folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

Just so you know, if you chose a custom install path, the folder may be in a different location

If that doesn't resolve the problem, there are a couple of other things that can resolve this issue. For starters, try running the game as an administrator:
a) Right-Click on the short-cut
b) Select the properties tab
c) Check the box labeled "Run as administrator"

If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, try disabling UAC

It might be also firewall related. We have a wide article in our Knowledge Base explaining the most common issues with it and how to solve it. You will probably need to disable it before you run the repatch - https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ndows-firewall

If none of these steps help, or if you feel like you'd like to get one-on-one assistance from a member of our support staff, please feel free to submit a ticket to http://support.leagueoflegends.com

LordBilal

07-02-2013

thank u <3 had that problem and solved it by using ur hints

The Kinslayer

07-02-2013

None of the above have helped me, any other suggestions?

Alastor Blake

07-02-2013

It's a bit boring, i have the same problem, but i'm under XP and don't have any way to get the LoL work in "admin"... Why? By te way it did this also with previous update, while i never got such an error. What the hell is this related to?

KasiMasi

22-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherom View Post
Hi there!

Sorry to hear you've been having problems trying to patch League of Legends. Most often players will run into this problem due to a failed self-patch of the patcher. Luckily, you can have the patcher re-patch itself by simply deleting the following folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

Just so you know, if you chose a custom install path, the folder may be in a different location

If that doesn't resolve the problem, there are a couple of other things that can resolve this issue. For starters, try running the game as an administrator:
a) Right-Click on the short-cut
b) Select the properties tab
c) Check the box labeled "Run as administrator"

If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, try disabling UAC

It might be also firewall related. We have a wide article in our Knowledge Base explaining the most common issues with it and how to solve it. You will probably need to disable it before you run the repatch - https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ndows-firewall

If none of these steps help, or if you feel like you'd like to get one-on-one assistance from a member of our support staff, please feel free to submit a ticket to http://support.leagueoflegends.com
Truly amazing, I've searched for a solution in 15 hours now, and finally after reinstalling the game for 4 times, downloaded .net framework 3.5 and 4.5 multiple times, scanned my disk, asking for support at the mail and followed all the instructions. I've been at thread after thread the entire time, and here is the working one, finally, by removing the lol_launcher map and then go to C/riotgames/leagueoflegends and run "lol.launcher" in admin mode and wait for 20 minutes, I was about to give up when it finally worked! Thank you Sherom, the master of riot support staff <3

StrengthRD

03-01-2014

I tried deleting the Lol launcher file, now it wont even load the update page, the lol launcher is just stuck on my screen.....

The Exile xo

04-01-2014

Dankje a lote.