Ranked Matches vs Normal Matches

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProSpanker

28-10-2010

Everytime I log in to play a ranked match there is usually at least 1 noob who feeds, doesn't understand the game, usually doesn't speak english so communication is a problem and also doesn't understand what 'feeding' is.

I can't count the number of times people have said "its only a game" in a ranked match when we're losing or someone is feeding, the feeder always replies "its only a game" or "stfu" because they're terrible and can NOT play properly. So I ask myself, why are they in ranked matches? And then I ask myself, why am I in a ranked match? Why should I lower my ELo for these noobs that don't want to win?

So I'm just going to play in Normal games, what's the point in going for ranked matches, elo drops 50% of the time

Härstam

28-10-2010

I gave up solo ranked after just a few games because of the reasons you mentioned.

Rhoda Issa

28-10-2010

Don't play ranked solo for a competitive scene. You can pretty much expect such people in solo play. Arranged team 5v5 is where it is at and there you can make your own team w/o such people.

Magnus er grim

28-10-2010

Elo Hell n.
A range of Elo rating a player feels he cannot rise above in solo queue ranked League of Legends despite his self-assessment that he is more skilled than other players in this range.

That's about as succinctly as I can put it. See, you're not in Elo Hell because you acknowledge that you are "terrible at LoL" and "mentally challenged". This kind of self-awareness precludes you from ever being in Elo Hell. By acknowledging that you are terrible, you accept that you are probably ranked where you belong.

On the other hand, an entire segment of the LoL community feels that they have exceptionally bad luck, continually getting players on their team who are consistently worse than they are (according to their own assessment). This unhappy set of circumstances also always coincides with encountering teams that don't have the bad luck they have. So, unfortunately, everyone is passing them in the rankings, leaving them at the bottom with feeders / afkers / griefers and other folks whose ilk never appears on the opposing team. Ever.

This belief is also optionally linked to a belief that the top players are there simply because they were lucky in exactly the opposite way. In a way, this provides a certain internal consistency to their belief. After all, since their opponents are never as unlucky as they are, surely some people are unfairly elevated in rank over and over again. Viola -- top players are made.

It's not too hard to see that believing in the existence of "Elo Hell" is best categorized as a form of psychosis.

TrivialDeath

28-10-2010

I stopped playing solo ranked, too many cry babies and ragers, and the players are considerably worse, normal games pose more of a challenge then ranked

Sjokkateer

28-10-2010

imo normal games shud have the draft mode running too.
Ranked games are more competitive oriented and thats for sure

Magnus er grim

28-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrivialDeath View Post
I stopped playing solo ranked, too many cry babies and ragers, and the players are considerably worse, normal games pose more of a challenge then ranked
Maybe in your ELO range. Mine has way, way better players than normal. Still ragers though of course. Even hotshotgg is a rager.