Got a question? Ask a designer!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

11-02-2012
415 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Tunde View Post
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. This explains soooo much, thank you!

The amount of times that I have missed spells, or just not cast them, or died, and I couldnt understand why when was sure I was in range!
Now that I know this, ill never miss another spell.

GG

See you at 2400elo!
Glad I could help out. I doubt I'll be at 2400 since I was copper in S1 (partially cause I got 1337 rating and couldn't justify playing anymore and losing such as awesome number), though I just found out this week that apparently I was Gold Rated in season 1 for arranged 5s on my Alt. Pretty crazy. O.O

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

11-02-2012
416 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klingenschlag View Post
Dear Designers,

are there any plans to change Leona?

I'm asking, cause Leona is good in teamfights, but when it comes to 1vs1... Leona has to run!
Leona just has to little dmg (yes I know she's a tank, but). e.g. Alistar or Maokai don't have a big problem in 1vs1.

---my suggestion---
It would be great to change her passive:
not only teammates can consume the Sunlight debuff and deal bonus damage, but also Leona can do that.

Or: the Sunlight debuff has 2 stages, each with half of the extra damage modifier.
The passive can be used in 3 ways:
a) Leona can consume both
b) Leona consumes one and a teammate the other one
c) if Leona doesn't hit the target, the teammate can only consume one (not 2).

thx for reading and btw: LoL is an awesome game!!
Shurelia was a S1 platinum players and plays an absolutely devastating 1v1 bruiser style Leona. If you are curious I'll try and get her build. I would be very concerned about buffing her, especially with the incoming Sona and Soraka changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varggrim View Post
What is the targeting pattern of Heimer's Turrets? Is it the closest target/Champion attacking him? Will there be ever the opportunity to change it to something like "Enemy with the least health" or Enemy attacking the turret"?
This is something I was addressing in the Heimer remake actually. It's been a while and I can't actually recall what the old targeting method is to be totally honest. The current iteration of the new turret AI is as follows (all things subject to change as always).

1 - The last Champions Heimer hit with his wrench
2 - The closest enemy Champion that recently attacked Heimer
3 - The last Minion Heimer hit with his wrench
4 - The same target the turret was previously attacking
5 - The closest enemy unit to Heimer

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

11-02-2012
417 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachimba View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I refuse to read almost a hundred pages of questions...
Also, this is a question/criticism, so if it sounds as scolding to Riot, it's because it is
No really, do you guys ever check the Champion and Item suggestion forums?
I've been lurking it for a month or so and yet most are useless, there are lots of awesome suggestions in there, and absolutely no presence by Riot staff!
I find that preposterous, as you created the forum, yet never check if we actually have good ideas, and if you do, you should at least tell us and actually use the suggestions given.

Myself, I have only submitted a champion and a Skin :
Krip, the Minion Commander
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?p=5987442
Shaco McDonald
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=554892

Although that up there was just shameless self-promo, there are very good submitters out there, like SubjectSeven, which may give you a couple of nice ideas!

tl;dr: Why is there a Champion and Item suggestion forum if you never check them?
Scold away, Criticisms are totally legit, I don't get offended or take it personally. At the core, without criticism there is no improvement. Praise is nice, but I improve substantially more by reacting to critiques.

The main purpose of the Champion Submission forums is as a creative outlet for the members of the community and to give feedback to one another. It is fantastic practice if you want to jump into game design at some point in the future as well and the feedback can be incredibly useful. I made a TON of champion submissions for a couple of lesser known WC3 mobas and it was very useful for me (a couple even sneaked in their way into the maps somehow). More importantly than that though the whole process helped me develop my writing and design skills as well as the ability to react and respond to criticism, and here I am today

We are certainly not ruling out having community submitted champions in the future but we currently have not had the need to do so. Morello would be a better guy to comment on the specifics as to why we aren't currently taking community submissions.

Skin suggestions on the other hand we have used from forum feedback in the past such as Surprise Party Fiddlesticks.

The Item submission forum I believe we have also used in the past but more for an overall feel of what people wanted than specifics such as - more caster items, armor items, passives, actives, low-tier or high-tier etc. The remade Fervor and Iron Solari items were a response to people wanting more support items.

Zurrix

11-02-2012

Wad' up Designer!

Quick question.

Are there going to be some new skins for Urgot soon? He got 2 extras and one of them are brutaly close to the starting skin. Just got my "crab skin" and it look just terrible... kinda the look you are after when it comes to Urgot, but seriously. Why not give him some outerspace skin? Beaming ppl with a laser and send rockets. Or make it a army dude. Rather robot tho. I know you can do it!

gg wp bb cu

Neolight

11-02-2012

Just wanted to ask if there are any updates about the stealth reworks.
Currently you can see again that the current stealth system is still really strong, shown in the power of jungle twitch.
Also if you release the stealth remake (wich was announced as every char has a low range of truesight vs them) will oracles increase that true sight range while giving stealth detect?

I still like playing jungle eve wich works decent since the jungle remake, but many people are waiting for more updates on when it will be implented etc. (seen like 4 eve topics today)

WickeDHypnO

12-02-2012

Hi there.
I've got few questions, maybe a little not in your type of work, but anyway...
1. What about a rigid body collision for clothes like Garens' scarf or Mordekaisers' cape? I personally think that implementing such a feature could lead to ease animators work, also can improve overall reality of a battlefield. And from there would be a small step to making a hair collision too...
2. Shop. Don't take me wrong, but it's... old. Just and Especially OLD. A remake would certainly be needed in near future.
3. The (maybe) last Pentakill skin - who will it be? Are you in process of making one?
Peace.

stbbr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-02-2012

good day!
I wanted to ask you about Leonas up.
How about let her consume passive on minions and monsters, but not on chempions, and give her a little scale on passive from max health, around 10%. Also would looks good let her passive stack 3 times, but teammates need to land 3 hits to make trigger all of stacks.

Ty for youre work!

Klingenschlag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
Shurelia was a S1 platinum players and plays an absolutely devastating 1v1 bruiser style Leona. If you are curious I'll try and get her build. I would be very concerned about buffing her, especially with the incoming Sona and Soraka changes.
Thx for your answer!

Yes, I'm curious It would be great if you get her build!

I understand the point with the teamfights and buffing Leona. But if Leona could trigger her passive, either she or an ally does additional dmg. So in teamfights no additional dmg;
but 1vs1: better chances for Leona.

btw how is it possible that the new Leona skin is sooo awesome?

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

13-02-2012
418 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurrix View Post
Wad' up Designer!

Quick question.

Are there going to be some new skins for Urgot soon? He got 2 extras and one of them are brutaly close to the starting skin. Just got my "crab skin" and it look just terrible... kinda the look you are after when it comes to Urgot, but seriously. Why not give him some outerspace skin? Beaming ppl with a laser and send rockets. Or make it a army dude. Rather robot tho. I know you can do it!

gg wp bb cu
I don't work on skins. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolight View Post
Just wanted to ask if there are any updates about the stealth reworks.
Currently you can see again that the current stealth system is still really strong, shown in the power of jungle twitch.
Also if you release the stealth remake (wich was announced as every char has a low range of truesight vs them) will oracles increase that true sight range while giving stealth detect?

I still like playing jungle eve wich works decent since the jungle remake, but many people are waiting for more updates on when it will be implented etc. (seen like 4 eve topics today)
Stealth changes are in the works, but I can't give an ETA. As always, it depends on how testing goes. Oracles may or may not be tweaked in the rework, not sure tbh.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

13-02-2012
419 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickeDHypnO View Post
Hi there.
I've got few questions, maybe a little not in your type of work, but anyway...
1. What about a rigid body collision for clothes like Garens' scarf or Mordekaisers' cape? I personally think that implementing such a feature could lead to ease animators work, also can improve overall reality of a battlefield. And from there would be a small step to making a hair collision too...
2. Shop. Don't take me wrong, but it's... old. Just and Especially OLD. A remake would certainly be needed in near future.
3. The (maybe) last Pentakill skin - who will it be? Are you in process of making one?
Peace.
1. I am actually unsure how much this work help as opposed to potentially cause lots of problems. It's a better question for someone more qualified to talk about animations than myself (so basically anyone )

2. This is something we would like to do, but it is an issue of prioritization. I am not sure where on the list it stacks up.

3. Quite possibly , no spoilers though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbbr View Post
good day!
I wanted to ask you about Leonas up.
How about let her consume passive on minions and monsters, but not on chempions, and give her a little scale on passive from max health, around 10%. Also would looks good let her passive stack 3 times, but teammates need to land 3 hits to make trigger all of stacks.

Ty for youre work!
Seems a bit wonky mechanically to me, and goes against the flavor of the skill, but something like that is an option if Live Team wants to buff her. Np

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klingenschlag View Post
Thx for your answer!

Yes, I'm curious It would be great if you get her build!

I understand the point with the teamfights and buffing Leona. But if Leona could trigger her passive, either she or an ally does additional dmg. So in teamfights no additional dmg;
but 1vs1: better chances for Leona.

btw how is it possible that the new Leona skin is sooo awesome?
It's actually a lot of extra damage in 99% of use cases, since allies rarely proc every instance of sunlight. We would have to cut the damage significantly if this change was made. Which would overall be less satisfying for Leona while being about the same effectiveness.

It is quite possible that skins team is made of win

I'll track down Shurelia and get that build for you.