ELO counter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpartarasBinksas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

So I read some threads about ELO and I decided to make one too (because i'm damned troll). But it is not about trolling...
Some of you "may" noticed that if you are winning or losing at your first ranked games, you are gaining/losing more elo when after a few games later and so on...
Some of you may think that it is very good thing, because skilled players can break away from unskilled ones. And yes, it is true... Except that **** "sometimes" happening... And this **** seriously sometime happen to often... I'm calling it bugged players or imba teams.
So where is problem ? Everyone have same chances to get uncarrible team or team who will carry you. The main problem is luck. This makes that system even more worse.
Lucky new, unskilled player get too high and falling with good players down... This is elo hell...

Look at picture and tell me, is B player better than A player(who have 2 more wins) and is C player worse than B player(while they game both same win/ lose difference)

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1...apimage2rr.png

Rhoda Issa

01-02-2012

Seems like player B is a lot better, yes. After 250 games it's pretty accurate.

letifer umbra

01-02-2012

you should see it like this, he got on his elo faster, and it balanced himself out. He fought way tougher opponents than you guys did.

also, I had to win more than 28 games just to get to 1550.., I had it alot harder than most did. but sure as hell is deserved.

CLundkvist

01-02-2012

i see ur point but i would say your both right. Some people just have a really bad luck. I had a jungling eve 5 times in a row at rating 1900~ and he died once to wraiths and then afk'd some ppl just trolls everyone knows it. To climb in solo q you will need both luck and skills.

Personally i think the stats says more then the elo. like how often does this guy actually die "now everyone is thinking what about the support players?" you can't only play 1 role in solo q to climb. So the stats has no excuse to be 2000 kills and 5000deaths

Rhoda Issa

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLundkvist View Post
i see ur point but i would say your both right. Some people just have a really bad luck. I had a jungling eve 5 times in a row at rating 1900~ and he died once to wraiths and then afk'd some ppl just trolls everyone knows it. To climb in solo q you will need both luck and skills.

Personally i think the stats says more then the elo. like how often does this guy actually die "now everyone is thinking what about the support players?" you can't only play 1 role in solo q to climb. So the stats has no excuse to be 2000 kills and 5000deaths
I only play one role in ranked... It being support might mean I get away with it though..

Judging a players skill by KDA doesn't really apply. The higher rated player probably has the same KDA as the lower rated player. Remember that the higher rated player faces harder opponents who are more likely to kill him or don't die as fast.
Also, even if you are good at laning, you can fail at making yourself effective in a team fight. You'd have a lot of kills but you just won't put it to good use...
Stats don't say anything on it's own.
The rating contains a summary of your performance and the average of all players around you. A 'feeder' can be on your team or on your enemy team. With more games played these factors cancel out and your rating becomes more accurate. Hence, player B is, most likely, the strongest player out of the 3 players he posted. 250 games is more than enough to make his rating accurate.

CLundkvist

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Flamingo View Post
I only play one role in ranked... It being support might mean I get away with it though..

Judging a players skill by KDA doesn't really apply. The higher rated player probably has the same KDA as the lower rated player. Remember that the higher rated player faces harder opponents who are more likely to kill him or don't die as fast.
Also, even if you are good at laning, you can fail at making yourself effective in a team fight. You'd have a lot of kills but you just won't put it to good use...
Stats don't say anything on it's own.
The rating contains a summary of your performance and the average of all players around you. A 'feeder' can be on your team or on your enemy team. With more games played these factors cancel out and your rating becomes more accurate. Hence, player B is, most likely, the strongest player out of the 3 players he posted. 250 games is more than enough to make his rating accurate.
if you only play 1 role in solo q, i think you are bad, you might mastered one position but still you are a bad solo q player

Rhoda Issa

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLundkvist View Post
if you only play 1 role in solo q, i think you are bad, you might mastered one position but still you are a bad solo q player
Thank god I don't really care about solo queue... Also, why should I play a role I do not like to play?
I only duo with my brother who has, intentionally, a higher Elo than I have, so I am almost always last pick.

CLundkvist

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Flamingo View Post
Thank god I don't really care about solo queue... Also, why should I play a role I do not like to play?
I only duo with my brother who has, intentionally, a higher Elo than I have, so I am almost always last pick.
because you will have to wtf? are you mental or what? if someone pick support you CAN'T support thats how you lose a game, thats why you have to play more then 1 role in solo q.

Also i heard 2 junglers are the best lineup.

Ubrukeli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

actually I would say they all are same elo. 10 first games is the akilies.

Meh I played about 5/6 of my ranked in EUNE(EUW elo hell isnt half as bad as EUNE).

Phar

01-02-2012

Player b is better, because the games at 1500 are harder than at 1300, so player a and c wouldn't have managed to keep this win/lose ratio at 1500.

Also placement matches at the beginning don't mean that much. In season 1 I won all of them and reached platinum in ~70 soloq games, rather fast.

This season (I started 1364 elo after the reset), I just lost the placement matches and dropped down to about 1100 elo, but got back up without major problems.
Compare my win/lose soloq stats to those of "MyS foo sharp" (a player in my team). He has 11 wins less than me and 3 loses more, but still has more elo than me, just because he won his placement matches, while I lost mine.

In the end it just took me a bit longer to get up again, so the placement matches (usually) just speed up the process of reaching the elo you belong at, but they don't stop you or anything.