New M5 AD Carry build? (Triple Doran, Wriggle's)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arthurmauk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-01-2012

Just read this article and thought it was interesting - a move away from IE/BT starts perhaps?

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=15949

Petekes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

28-01-2012

Old build is kinda outdated. The new old build is Boots/Dorans/Dorans/Vamp/IE/PD

Über Gosu

28-01-2012

listen fanboy

stop copying everything from internet, go check latest Chaox's vlog and he'll tell you about this "special" build

Justifi3d

28-01-2012

This build isn't new

it has been used in tournaments forever, if i recall people at IEM Cologne were crazy about triple wriggles where 4 people in the team built wriggles

M5 didn't invent that build and that build has some benefits but also has some weaknesess

RiftBroken

28-01-2012

And why is it so viable?
Cause Dorans are toooooooooo strong!
Its stupid.

actually they arent too strong just other items are too expensive...

Tehprawner

28-01-2012

Who cares?
Play to preference.

BlueSpell

28-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ber Gosu View Post
listen fanboy

stop copying everything from internet, go check latest Chaox's vlog and he'll tell you about this "special" build
link?:P

RealTirigon

28-01-2012

I have always been building wriggles because I suck too much at lasthitting to get an early bf sword.

The Beerka

28-01-2012

I find it quite bad, especially for solo Q.

It doesn't take multiple stats into consideration, and requires a successfull early game to win a game.

The problem with doran's is, that you completely get rid of them for endgame. Quite the same with wriggles. So you lose around 1k -1,1k gold on them, which is either 3-3,5 kills, or.. like 50-60 creeps?. So to make it worth, you have to get an advantage of the above numbers with them.

Of course you don't always get to endgame, but when playing AD (which is my main role), i usually get 4-5 permanent items (boots +inf/bt +phantom +LW and guardian when needed), so usually only a doran/wriggle stays before the end of the game.

By doing the new build, you trade strong stats for weaker/not that important ones. You become more defensive, harder to kill, but unable to take down defensive champions. You have to be able to take

You get more attack speed, and crit. Attack speed is on the weaker side of the offensive stats, AD carry skills don't really scale with it. Quite the same with crit, but it's also too RNG in smaller numbers. You need around 40-50% to make it count.

TL;DR: So basically yes, you get more stats for your money with the new build, but not the ones you need to do you job.

Unless you have Alex Ich and Diamond to carry you, don't do this build.

rodzooo

28-01-2012

this build works exceptionally good for genja since he plays champs like kog maw, mf and kennen.
survivability + attack speed works for him so good bcuz those champs don't need AD items to deal dmg as much as other ad carries (kog maws W hurts, mf got some additional magic dmg with every autoattack too and kennen is a stun-machine)