Got a question? Ask a designer!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DThom

15-01-2012

This thread has turned into: "What does Riot have in plan regarding...?"

Uuni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-01-2012

Is there any chance that Kayle will be getting back some of her former glory? Like back when she was new she had a heal over time spell, a mechanic since then not seen in LoL. Her Q had stun if a teammate had just died, another mechanic since then forgotten

I love Kayle's concept but she is just terrible, she was almost never played and that rework just nerfed her by ridiculous amount...

My suggestion:
-Make her ranged by default, it's not like she will be autohitting with melee anyways
-Innate: stacking ~x% damage increase on autoattacks, stacks a few times like malady - way more useful than that pathetic armor/mres shred
-Q: deals damage and slows like it currently does, in addition it slows enemy by the % of the hp they are missing, for example 50% hp left = 50% more slow
-W: boosts the movement speed of a friendly target also cleansing it from any slows, stuns and snares
-E: same effect as now but toggle instead, kinda like chogath spikes toggle, no mana cost on use or activate
-R: bathes the target in holy light rendering the target invulnerable for x seconds, makes all enemies in ~300-500 range of the target deal % reduced damage for a few seconds

Then she could have a carry set, useful teamfight ulti and still has a support spell that will help in a chase or escape. All ability names would still kinda fit and she could be the carry I would like her ultimately being
Anyways I like the concepts of these abilities, especially the W and Q slow being on somewhere, perhaps not kayle. That's why I posted it here rather than in champion feedback, im not going to rant how bad she is atm there with everyone else

Abi91

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-01-2012

What about the Heimerdinger changes?
Is there any progress and what do you plan on changing?

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

16-01-2012
397 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XuWarrior View Post
What About Viktor ?
My initial suspicion is that Viktor is pretty balanced (we do have a few more bug fixes coming though) but suffers from being a control/sustain mage which makes him teamfight contributions harder to notice and he is incredibly difficult to play. I honestly have only played a handful of games with him so I'd need more time to give an assessment.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

16-01-2012
398 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxepert View Post
1.My English is not the best

2.Could you make a champ that has elements.. etc. elements of water,fire,and wind

Example : Like twisted fate's PICK A CARD skill where you choose card you would choose which element you want(like you click R and choose element of water and you get 1 skill like some mobility or some ****)?
We tend to refer to these champions in design as "Stance" champions. (Sometimes "Stance Dancers" if they switch fast enough) They are often difficult to have all their effects and possible combinations feel useful but I don't think anyone on the staff is fundamentally opposed to the idea and an elementalist caster is always a solid thematic

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

16-01-2012
399 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSio View Post
Do you think its possible to make the Ionic Spark passive toggleable?
So you can get it in lane and dont push all day long whenever you dont want to.
As a relatively expensive item the laning phase is usually over by the time you pick one up but it could be useful. I'll talk to Live Team though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Tunde View Post
Twitch's Ultimate apparently stacks with on-hit effects. Does this mean you could buy a taimat, then Orianna-ult the enemy team (all 5 of them) on a small bunch and nuke them for 300% of your normal damage? (100% standard + 50%x4 for each of the other four champions hit).
Does this also mean that whenever the enemy champion is standing next to his ranged minions, you could pop a cheeky ultimate on him to do 250% of the normal damage? (or if you have two tiamats 400% trololol).

Also, what can stop Maokai's Root, as it seems like the most unstoppable of disables. Flashing away and stuff already doesn't work I saw. What can actually stop it?

Keep up the amazing work Feral! (or should I call you Pony? )
That is correct. You can also buy multiple Tiamats which is pretty much a troll build but you could try it in a CO-OP vs AI game and deal full damage (or more) to all splashed targets. In the case you mentioned above if you can hit all 5 enemies with one shot and they are within Tiamat's AoE with two Tiamats you could deal 5x your attack damage to all 5 targets for a total of a 2500% steroid (or 6500% with 6 Tiamats in the absolutely impossible to pull off max case). Don't do this in a real match though for the sake of your teammates. It is a really terrible build.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

16-01-2012
400 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuni View Post
Is there any chance that Kayle will be getting back some of her former glory? Like back when she was new she had a heal over time spell, a mechanic since then not seen in LoL. Her Q had stun if a teammate had just died, another mechanic since then forgotten

I love Kayle's concept but she is just terrible, she was almost never played and that rework just nerfed her by ridiculous amount...

My suggestion:
-Make her ranged by default, it's not like she will be autohitting with melee anyways
-Innate: stacking ~x% damage increase on autoattacks, stacks a few times like malady - way more useful than that pathetic armor/mres shred
-Q: deals damage and slows like it currently does, in addition it slows enemy by the % of the hp they are missing, for example 50% hp left = 50% more slow
-W: boosts the movement speed of a friendly target also cleansing it from any slows, stuns and snares
-E: same effect as now but toggle instead, kinda like chogath spikes toggle, no mana cost on use or activate
-R: bathes the target in holy light rendering the target invulnerable for x seconds, makes all enemies in ~300-500 range of the target deal % reduced damage for a few seconds

Then she could have a carry set, useful teamfight ulti and still has a support spell that will help in a chase or escape. All ability names would still kinda fit and she could be the carry I would like her ultimately being
Anyways I like the concepts of these abilities, especially the W and Q slow being on somewhere, perhaps not kayle. That's why I posted it here rather than in champion feedback, im not going to rant how bad she is atm there with everyone else
Not sure on Kayle changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindragon91 View Post
What about the Heimerdinger changes?
Is there any progress and what do you plan on changing?
There has been some progress but since it a project I've been mostly doing in my spare time it's pretty slow moving unfortunately. I'll have more information as it's closer to being released. Turrets and the ult were the primary focus of the changes though.

Dekaar

16-01-2012

Hey pony it's been a while since I last wrote here. Remember, the Renekton-guy that claims his passive is useless, which it still is and I'm still waiting on the promised buff WAY ago that guinsoo posted on twitter.. but nvm

My question is actually kinda simple: What's with the Summoners Rift maps?
I've read on NA, that with the next patch, the wintermap will be taken out again. Additionally to that, I've been reading a post from our dear Saergi, german community coordinator if I'm not wrong, stating, that Riot puts in the maps when it's seasonal fitting.

Needless to say, I'm happy that right after winter, right after new year, the Halloween-map will return cO Don't you think that it's inappropriate to put out the halloween map again? The whole year until winter returns?

Actually this isn't only a rant. Actually I have a nice idea for it, too.

Why not making a map for every season? Like in spring, you could make a nice SR-Map, that's focussed about warm colors, cherry blossoms like these
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IGrKZM_rQvs/TbiDvKQhfFI/AAAAAAAAAtw/D0UO9ZCy5WI/s1600/JapaneseCherryBlossoms.jpg
and a bit more of an asian feeling... Would actually be pretty nice for our chinese LoL-Players that get the awesome artwork while we don't.
SR classic for summer is nice, Why not making a halloween map without all those halloween-decoration-things? just a normal fall-map.... nothing special. Same with the winter map? Why was the original winter map was taken out in the first place?

TL: DR
Just make "normal" versions for every season and a decorated version when it's time for these holidays

SDMarukokun

16-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyter View Post
Hi, I play in normal games and I am trying to level up to 30. I used to play DotA quite a lot and chose the veteran difficulty when I started playing.

It is fine playing against other summoners who are low levels but with a high level of skill, but I am constantly paired with other players who are inexperienced which can, in remote cases, cause me to become frustrated.

Does the match making system pair a majority of "same skilled" players in games or does it attempt to put as many people into games as possible? Because I would rather wait a few extra minutes to have allies and opponents who are at the same skill as I am, rather than losing a game because I have two allies that are new to the game and the other team only has one.
see http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=218
the "Matchmaking by Zileas" part.
There was a topic a few days ago by some level 12 player complaining about 10-15 minute queues and then getting matched in a team with 4 level 30 players.
When I looked him up at http://www.lolstatistics.com , it listed him having a 1.79:1 win:loss ratio at level 11.
So if your win ratio is high enough, matchmaking won't find enough players of similar rating and level and after some queue time starts matching you with higher level players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Tunde View Post
Also, what can stop Maokai's Root, as it seems like the most unstoppable of disables. Flashing away and stuff already doesn't work I saw. What can actually stop it?
Wait? The horrible casting delay alone isn't enough?
(See a lone enemy, press W on that champion, see that the whole enemy team is there and watch helplessly as your Maokai moves to the middle of the enemy team without a possibility of canceling the move... )

Bogus Dreams

16-01-2012

Terrorist Teemo, walks around planting C4s, holds an AK-47.

u talk to skins team?!

???