Got a question? Ask a designer!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

08-10-2011
283 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyS foo sharp View Post
Who are the people that designed Caitlyn (Art, Lore, Skillset)?
Ezreal - Skillset, Scribbles - Lore, Art I'd have to check on though I believe it was Roadkill.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

08-10-2011
284 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadecium View Post
Keep up the good work FeralPony!
I was wondering if you ever look at the champion suggestion forum for new ideas, and used some of these?
Thanks!

Speaking for myself I do not read the champion suggestion forum for new champion ideas as I generally don't work on champion concepts (I implement skillsets and gameplay after given a concept - I let the artists concept things as they are generally WAY better at it than I am. My last champion idea for example was a baby octopus riding a nexus crystal that shot giant laser beams at dudes).

I cannot say if Riot has ever used specific champion suggestions etc, though we keep very close track and respond to trends of feedback such as "Lack of female tank -> Leona" "Lack of manly ranged DPS -> Graves", "Lack of non-human -> Skarner" etc.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

08-10-2011
285 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTMouse View Post
This news: it is awesome!
Also due to current meta any assassin that benefits from AD is 90% of the time played as a warmogs atmas trinity force style fighter, because you know, they do really well with that.
Thanks! I'm really excited about this dude!

I found the build to be reasonably effective on Dominion and when you are WAY ahead on SR but in general the best Talon's and even Riven's I've seen do not use the Atmog's build.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

08-10-2011
286 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esthaniel View Post
Thanks for the answers!

What does this mean in particular? Ricochet nerf+autoattack range buff? Boomerang Blade rebuff (she was viable before the last nerf I assume)?

Well I think Karma needs some kind of hard CC (atleast silence) or more auto-attack range. Right now, there is no reason to pick her instead of any Support nor AP nuker. She is more like Lux/Orianna but still, lacks utility. Or atleast give her W dmg to the target.
Way out of my department at this point. I can't say anything about the specific Sivir changes being tested as they are currently being tested and being iterated upon often.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

08-10-2011
287 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPandemic View Post
Might be overused...but is Graven gonna be a new AD carry?
Graves is an AD carry though he has a couple of features that set him apart from other carries (besides being a bad-*** manly man of course).

TheRealLarkeyLRT

08-10-2011

my question is, can you fix pantheon because he sucks and is trash mid/late game and i want to main him again, btw the range on ulti wow just outside of base from spawn, so good i cant go get into teamfights instantly wohoo! useless ulti ftw. honestly you cant hit ppl with it it wont work and duh its for teleporting places. and also he dies instantly late game and dmg SUCKS late game compared to say vayne she insta kills him and he does prolly 0dmg because he cant even reach her, and annie the same, and master yi will just insta kill you, and most other champs (not garen but he is much better late game than pantheon!)

noicreC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Quote:
My last champion idea for example was a baby octopus riding a nexus crystal that shot giant laser beams at dudes
I want my baby octopus now!!

But seriously, what's up with the stealth rework? The last update on it has been months ago(unless I missed something lol). Are you still working on it? And if so, when can we expect it(hopefully still this year? <3)?

PS: It's awesome you're doing this, it really makes us feel heard!

Qzy

08-10-2011

Will we ever get a new Real support, there have been so much time while u were creating ad carrys , ap carrys , junglers , yet no support was created after Karma who can barely be called support.

Pls answer!

Ty Qzy!

Batzn

08-10-2011

will he have a trigun oder hellsing skin? because if....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1855648-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	56601  

llIfluffybunnies

08-10-2011

Have you guys ever seriously considered different skillsets that go away from the standard ideas? Not complaining about the majority of skills on champs, but I think there could be way more done.

Just a few random ideas I can come up with in just 3 minutes:

- convert minions/champs to ally

- steal skills from enemy champs / possibly also disable or just disable

- 'hex' champs so that they receive damage whenever they use a skill or summoner spell (FLASH)

- temporarily randomize skillsets on enemy champ (q=w w=r etc), 'slotmachine effect'.

- temporarily change alliance of turrets

- make a more lowpoly hero with a permanently controllable doll, which has his own skillset to level up and gear to buy for. Like AD for main champ QR and AP for doll WE (like I hoped yorick would be).

- make a champ that just dives uncontrollably in a straight line with exponential speeding up, that just 'rams'

- skill that removes a champ from play for a few seconds (Without being able to receive damage, but not 'cleansable'

- skill that teleports an ally or enemy to a certain range

- skill that moves both allies and enemy champs to a certain point like a whirlpool

- skill that shows all allies as 1 champion for a limited duration to the enemy (like: suddenly you fight 5 soraka's)

- skill that temporarily changes allies into brush (LOL)

- skill that increases the range of your own minions

- skill that summons mario from the sky's to stomp ppl, ok I'm not getting srs anymore about mechanics here, but a HUGE hammer from the sky would be nice though:P

- ultimate skill that roots every enemy champ on the map (I'm karthus fan)