Got a question? Ask a designer!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sharkspirit

23-08-2011

feral u didnt answered to m'a question.

why can we use teleport to jarvan IV blade thingy or teemos mushroom and we cant teleport to maokai's sapling???

it would create alot of fun ganks when u drop ur sapling over the wall to a bush and tp there..=P

btw i heard the stealth rework is coming around the beggining of october is it true or is it later??? and what stage in the rework are u guys??? have u finished everything and now testing??

SlayerII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-08-2011

sapplings are no units, try to click at them =)

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

23-08-2011
207 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerII View Post
I genrelly think sleep is an interesting spell, so there is interest =)
Cool, I'll write up a little blurb tomorrow.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

23-08-2011
208 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
Good day mister Feral and im sorry if this has been asked already , I red that u guys at riot recently stopped working on heimerdinger , this makes me as sad as i can get , he has a bug on his turrets that i just can not inderstand how it lasts so long to be fixed , maybe u want to release a major fix for him all at once ? if not then sorry if i cannot understand how this champion is so untouched while he obviously needs it , can u please advance me any information on my 100% favourite champion?
I'm not sure where you heard that as we've been testing changes on him (send link plz). I did some work on him today in fact. If we aren't working on him I'd like to know so I and live team can save some time and testing

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

23-08-2011
209 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkspirit View Post
feral u didnt answered to m'a question.

why can we use teleport to jarvan IV blade thingy or teemos mushroom and we cant teleport to maokai's sapling???

it would create alot of fun ganks when u drop ur sapling over the wall to a bush and tp there..=P

btw i heard the stealth rework is coming around the beggining of october is it true or is it later??? and what stage in the rework are u guys??? have u finished everything and now testing??
Basically because Saplings are not target-able units and are not intended to interact with spells. Jarvan's flag needs to interact with spells so he can pull off his combo. If we want to make an exception and remove the ability to target the flag with teleport we can but it feels like unnecessary tinkering.

Just1more

23-08-2011

Good day Feralpony just me again , the one from the heimer question , the one that asked u why u delayed the work on heimer , jeez i had to search but here it is

4 Days ago Ezreal sayd this: Well I can't really elaborate on what they will be right now because we have delayed working on him. Though I can point out what I find 'meh' and would thus want to work on. His ultimate doesn't feel very ultiamte, and as such will likely get the most love. His passive is also pretty meh imo, but I could see us leaving it as is.

The link so you see im not trolling anyone: http://leagueofreplays.com/redpost.p...ng=US#13134184

Its a post of his from 4 days ago so its pretty recent , as u can see ive investigated a little on heimer , im desperate to some changes on him , please answer the question of when aprox i can expect something on him Thanks for replying

MrsTMouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

23-08-2011

Another question for you, da awesome designer dude:
When jarvan uses his flag+spear combo: is that considered moving?
Are slows applied for the movement speed of it?
Are snares applied?
If they are, are you sure? It seems to me that Jarvan can just use his flag+spear when snared, I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour, if it isnt, its an annoying bug that should be dealt with. Many casters depend on snares for escaping or avoiding damage (ryze, lux, leblanc, swain, ...) This gives Jarvan an unfair advantage.

Father Tunde

23-08-2011

Hey, it's the guy from the Blitzcrank mana barrier. Just in case you were wondering where I heard that, I got it from here: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Blitzcrank I'll ask them to change that right away. I wonder where they get this information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
All slows stack multiplicatively.
Now, I know you just said it, but could you confirm this? Could you confirm that slows from items always stack, and so this section is completely wrong? http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...#Slow_Stacking
So you are saying that Sheen and Trinity Force do not stack, but Phage and Trinity Force do?

Also, when Jax leaps onto a target and they move away just in time (e.g. Tryndamere spins away) then Jax will land where Tryndamere used to be, but Tryndamere will still take damage. Whereas with some other abilities (like Katarina's Shunpo I think) the escaping champion (e.g. Tryndamere with his spin) will not take damage. I am not 100% sure about this as this was a few patches ago and I did not investigate it thoroughly I just noticed it. But, is this correct? If so, is this intended?

Btw, just yesterday, I played with Feardlesticks and I was draining from someone. They flashed way out of leash range but Drain still did one (or two, I'm not sure) tick(s) of damage and the enemy champion died. I am almost certain this is a bug, you might want to check it out. I can try find the LoLRecording, film it, and upload it to youtube if you're interested (but only if you promise to look at it).

P.S. I know I've said it before, but I just have to say it again, the fact that you have this thread and answer these questions regularly is just absolutely incredible, especially since the EU forums don't get much red posting (I think you account for more than 50% of all red EU posts) so thank you for that! <3

Just1more

23-08-2011

Just another question that many of ur comunity asked themselves but we pretty mutch only got a usseless response from nikasaur , i hope we get a little more eye opening response from you ... we are asking this for a long time... Old legendary skins , they are So outdated and many of them look worse than many 975 rp skins , when i compare my alien heimer to Gentle cho , brolaf , Demonablade tryn , it makes me sad , u guys at riot have any plans on these skins ? u can remodel them and add some stuff to them like u reworked kayle janna etc ?

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

24-08-2011
210 of 457 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
Good day Feralpony just me again , the one from the heimer question , the one that asked u why u delayed the work on heimer , jeez i had to search but here it is

4 Days ago Ezreal sayd this: Well I can't really elaborate on what they will be right now because we have delayed working on him. Though I can point out what I find 'meh' and would thus want to work on. His ultimate doesn't feel very ultiamte, and as such will likely get the most love. His passive is also pretty meh imo, but I could see us leaving it as is.

The link so you see im not trolling anyone: http://leagueofreplays.com/redpost.p...ng=US#13134184

Its a post of his from 4 days ago so its pretty recent , as u can see ive investigated a little on heimer , im desperate to some changes on him , please answer the question of when aprox i can expect something on him Thanks for replying
Well I'm not really sure to say cause I and Live Team have still been working on him. Not giving a timeline because it depends entirely on how testing goes. There are a lot of things myself and the live team have been experimenting with and testing. Unfortunately testing takes a lot of time and gradual tweaks. If the goal was simply to buff Heimerdinger we could do that easily. I could crank up all his numbers and call it a day, the main goals of the Heimer changes are several fold.

1) Make Heimer less frustrating to play against
2) Make Heimer more fun to play
3) Slide Heimer into a more active role to reduce passivity and allow him to play offensively should he desire.

It's not easy and it takes time. I'm sorry I can't give you a timeframe on when to expect the changes.