[Patcher] Update Failed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4Oceans

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

Hello,

This new patcher is giving me trouble updating.

Everything goes smoothly until I hit "Step 2/2: 99% complete"
This last 1% takes ages to install, this is where it installs the new skins.

Now and then it jumps back to "Step 2/2: 0% complete" and shows for example "49Kbps (143MB remaining)".
So obviously it takes for ever to download the new skins.
I just leave it running and it installs a couple of skins, like "Caitlyn_Safari", "CardMaster_cowboy" and "Rammus_ninja", ...
But once I get to installing "Jax_jaximus" I get the error that states "Update Failed".
When I try and clock "Send Logs" it just freezes for a few seconds and opens the links stated below the error, for example the "Recruit a friend" page opens.
Now when I click "Continue" nothing happens anymore, I've left it running for a couple of hours but it just stays stuck.

So I've restarted the patcher again and it runs smoothly again until the 99% and now it's installing the skins again (very slowly).
I'll probably get the same error again like before, thats why I would like to know if there is any other way to download the skin files and install them?

I really think the problem lays with downloading and installing the new skins.

Thank you for reading and I hope you can give me any kind of feedback.

Dekanmi

11-05-2011

Same problem here. Game just stops downloading/updating on 99% with some Kassadin skin. Reainstaling the game didnt resolve problem. Please help

balkanArt

11-05-2011

be happy that you've update problems, some installed the patch, the game freeze at startup and they got banned cause fled (left the game) few times in a row trying to get to work...

excause the bad english but i think you'll understand...

greetz'

4Oceans

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

Thanks for the heads up balkanArt, right now I'm just conserned in installing the patch.

Again it got stuck on 99%, now it was installing "anivia_idle2.anm".
Update Failed (error 0xc1e90006)

And I can't get the logs, the button does nothing.

4Oceans

11-05-2011

haha...

After restarting the patcher a 4th time it went really fast and installed the game without problems.
I'm now fully updated and logged in.

I still don't know where the error came from but it seems to be fixed without doing anything.

Advice to others that get this error, just update and keep it running.
Once you got the error and just restart the patcher and be patient.

4Oceans

11-05-2011

Ok it says my game is up to date and everything but something did go wrong while updating.

The new skins show up as the original skins and Vayne's avatar is blank.
I havent started a game yet but I'm scared that I might get the error that balkanArt was talking about.

balkanArt

11-05-2011

try a free game and look if the problem exist for you...

4Oceans

11-05-2011

The skins work ingame, it's just the avatars and skins of the new champion and new skins that don't show up in champion selection...
Any way to fix that?

DrakoMan

11-05-2011

now i have about 5 hours since the updating .. and until now the update didnt' finish -.-

the old launcher was take about .. 30 min - an hour ( max )now it takes ALOT ALOT OF TIME

Drankstain

11-05-2011

my update hasnt even started it says its up to date but its not it gets rejected its annoying help?