Ban list

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mechanix

18-07-2010

Can we PLEASE have a list of people who have been banned? I'm sick of reporting and not knowing what happens to flamers who think they're pro and ALWAYS blame a loss on their team mates, and people who start feeding intentionally because they feel like that's the way to go since the team won't surrender.
I would love to have the feeling of satisfaction when seeing the same of those idiots in a ban list, or at least know what RIOT do about them.

Akraîl

18-07-2010

pre season one riot posted a post saying that lots of accounts have been banned... what more can you possibly want?..

Mechanix

18-07-2010

As the thread title suggests and as I mentioned in my first post, I'd like a list of banned accounts.
I used to play Silkroad Online a couple of years ago and I quit because of the increasing amount of people using bots and generally because the game was boring. But they used to ban bot accounts every month, and every month they would post a huge list of banned accounts for people to see, and I guess it would be nice if RIOT did something similar.

FeatherLite

18-07-2010

How would seeing a list have any impact on anything :\

Spike225

18-07-2010

Posting a list wouldnt affect the number of reports, nor the banning process.
Also leavers always have a good reason to leave, so they wont change just by seeing a list with lots of names that dont mean anythin to them

Besides, its completely against the No naming & shaming policy

Mechanix

18-07-2010

The "No naming and shaming policy" applies to people who play by the rules, and as far as I know verbal harassment and intentionally disrupting a game are against the rules, so no, posting a list wouldn't be against that policy.
I just think it would be nice to know that a player that you have reported has been dealt with or not.

ScRuTBuCk3t

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-07-2010

Agree completely with the OP, the no naming and shaming policy is utter bull if it includes proven claims and banned people. They should be named and shamed completely. Riot should be showing us that our reports do mean something, and yes I'd like to know that some people ive reported have been banned as they really have no place being in an online community.

Koudelka84

20-07-2010

I agree.. If anything, a list (or more specifically), Evidence, that something is being done will only encourage people to use the report feature, and scare of the kids with an urge to destroy people's games, cause lets face it, they are out there.

I don't see how this could be a problem ? Openly announcing the banned accounts, not with a reason why, just a list of the names of the accounts.

It's the same with a lottery, if people keeps on playing but never hears of anyone winning, they become rather suspecting. Whereas, if a winner is announced (perhaps even with an interview) people know it's not a hoax (or in this case publicity stunt) and they will reccommend the lottery to their friends etc.

Here it would make people take the report feature seriously, knowing that by being a flaming rtard in a game can have consequences for you later on.

Vaelorian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-07-2010

Yes I would like a similar function. A banlist will actually increase the number of reports cause people would actually be arsed to report, seeing it is productive.

Dark ShadowFire

20-07-2010

A ban/black list is a very bad idea, and it reminds me of the Dota days, where people would actually keep track of those names on a website. The slightest misstep or offday got you in that list, making the quality very questioning.

Let's have some faith in Riot. They actually hired more people just to get more work done in the reporting area and investigation