Fix for Mac/Win users not able to Login to EUW

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Eglorian

Network Ops Technician

Follow RiotEglorian on Twitter

13-06-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

We've been informed that this issue has been identified (courtesy of player Bongo Eddy) and it appears that for players that are suffering from this issue, their Certificate did not update after the AMS migration.

The steps to fix it are these:

1. Go to: http://www.digicert.com/CACerts/Digi...uranceCA-3.crt

2. Once you finish that download, click it to Install, and your KeyChain Access window should appear.

3. Then, find the DigiCert High Assurance CA-3 on that list, right-click it and choose "Get Info"

4. Expand the "Trust" section and on the first option, "When using this certificate" change it to "Always Trust".

Try and login again and let me know if it worked!

Also, if this is not clear enough, let me know so that I can provide screenshots! ^ ^

Livez

Master Recruiter

13-06-2014

yey

CirdanDruid

13-06-2014

Great! It worked!

Now I will do some games!
If I find anything strange which hasn't been noted yet. I will let you know.

Good Job guys!

L2pfeg

13-06-2014

I can log-in just fine, but i need to reset client after every game otherwise IP doesn't show and sometimes i even get stuck and not able to play the next game because i'm "already playing another game" aka the one i just finished forcing me to restart the client.

Xserenz

13-06-2014

It worked !

However it had an error message when trying the download with Firefox, something like "certificate already installed". I used Safari for the download, and followed the next steps with no problem.

NaNoSoLdIeR

13-06-2014

Didn't work for me. Still no league.

shabalaya

13-06-2014

It worked for me

BloodStoneShores

13-06-2014

Yeah, did not work for me either. No difference when downloaded with Safari or Firefox. I'm going to wait, what Riot support can figure out from my earlier bug reports

Kustruska

13-06-2014

It worked!!!! Thanks!!!

ASTT Sean

13-06-2014

Tried going to the link, and downloading the certificate, but when I tried to download, it says that the certificate is already installed as a certificate authority.

So I went and checked my keychain access, no DigiCert High Assurance CA-3, so I went for the next best thing, which was 'DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA'. Set to always trusted, but still no luck.

Any ideas why? Some help soon would be very much appreciated.

1234511 ... 15