Update on DDoS Issues

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 28
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sherom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Player Support Lead
Player Behavior

16-04-2014
1 of 4 Riot Posts

For months now, some players have been using DDoS style attacks to take down individual games, players and servers to avoid losing games. Whilst this affects a small percentage of total games, it has impacted a lot of players, and it’s something we’d like to minimize as much as possible.

Our team has identified many individuals behind such attacks, and we have begun taking actions to limit their access to League of Legends through suspensions and permanent bans.

In some cases, an individual player might be targeted – meaning your home internet service was DDoSed, not the League of Legends servers. This can only happen if your home IP address is somehow discoverable. The good news is that there are steps you can take to protect yourself. First, if you use Skype, make sure to download the latest version. If you think you’ve been compromised, talk to your ISP and ask for an IP address change. Read this knowledge-base article for a more in-depth explanation.

A large majority of reports we’ve investigated were likely caused by more ordinary sources of lag and disconnect, such as ISP issues and game server hiccups. But if you have evidence that a player is DDosing, please share it with us through contacting player support. Please include the following information:

• Title on the support ticket: DDoS/Drophack report
• Time stamp of the game
• Screenshots of game errors
• Screenshots that list out the players in your game
• Any time when a player is threatening to disrupt a game
• The game appeared in your match history

Although we may not be able to share with you further details of the reports you’ve made (e.g. whether someone ended up being banned or not), this data will help us in our investigations and ultimately it help you, our players.

This is a challenge for us to tackle and we’re working hard to make things better. Thank you for your patience in this and please join us in this effort by taking steps to be safe and reporting suspicious behaviors that you see!

RayTraceeR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

16-04-2014

Finally omg, i just nwo got the same thing again:
I got dced and cant reconnect b!
Be rdy support team! Im coming for u!

Jimmy The Hand

16-04-2014

I just wanna know why when my last game was full of disconnects, I am not getting loss prevented?

Jimmy The Hand

16-04-2014

and dont tell me the problem is on my end, cuz Dota 2 never disconnected me, neither did WoW, or Lineage, or any other online game

Fwiz

16-04-2014

^

VenenumLT

16-04-2014

Is it the players who play against Froggen? Kappa

Octavia

16-04-2014

What about the drophackers which disconnect everyone so the game deletes just when you were about to win?

VenenumLT

16-04-2014

How is it even possible to? Don't they have to know your IP?

NorthernRedStar

16-04-2014

Good.

ShakeNBakeUK

16-04-2014

any news on Amsterdam servers yet..?

1234511 ... 28