1 Hour Q&A with RiotBrokenSword

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehDaemonJester

08-01-2014

I got from Silver IV to Platinum during preseason. Are my efforts in vain?

Dem silver borders -_-

Daskeizer12

08-01-2014

random question #2
WILL THE OLD TWISTED TREELINE RETURN.
PLEASE TELL ME IT WILL...

it was so awesome...(or atleast re-reease it as 2nd map )

AutumnTea

08-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyshopper View Post
As it stands LoLs graphical style is rather cartoon-y and less realistic than many modern games and I was wondering if that was something that was on your radar. I understand the advantages to a less graphically intense type of game but everyone loves eye candy.
Well, everyone who plays lol on a low end pc dislikes more complicated graphics. Or, you know, people who don't like that kind of eye candy in general. Heroes of Newerth has "better" graphics, and it looks totally odd. Especially the minions, as too complicated models replicated in the 10s and 20s just look too unplausible. Having low system requirements is a huge plus for software (as it broadens the market) and cartoony style is what makes that possible. World of Warcraft used this tactic to great success.

Solash

08-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBrokenSword View Post
Yeah, we're in the process of rolling out something new. You can see the beta version here: http://community.na.leagueoflegends.com/

It looks like it's only built for NA, while it's still in its infancy. Make an account and try out some of the new features, then send us your feedback. We always love hearing it.

There's one issue I have with that beta, and it doesn't look like it'd compatible with programs such as FEK which allow for custom avatars, which have been very much loved by alot of people as a way to give themselves an identity. So losing that feature would probably be kinda disappointing for a lot of people.

While we're on the subject, are their any plans to add a custom avatar feature to the forums in the near future?

RiotBrokenSword

Production Coordinator

08-01-2014
18 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr34k Stly3r View Post
since, you are an Production Coordinator, do you assist on more champion spotlights or on these movie trailer things? or did i get your position mixed up
You have my position mixed up. That would be a Video Production Coordinator or Assistant.

I'm in Production, AKA Product Management. What I'm doing at Riot is leading that's building toward a better PvP.Net client experience. Our work is most invisible, as my team's domain is in the Platform, which controls most of the global information sent between your client and another.

Our contributions are in a rebuilt Champ Trades system (for Ranked, Normal Draft, and ARAMs), and a various Champ Select improvements.

We're currently rebuilding the Game Invitations system. That should come out in two patches from now. I'll announce it to get your feedback on it. You'll now be able to transfer ownership of a game to someone, similar to giving them an invite privilege. That will be make them "Captain" of that game, putting them in the position to make the picks and bans.

That's one of many new additions. I'll explain the rest in the announcement.

RiotBrokenSword

Production Coordinator

08-01-2014
19 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMile eu View Post
Why is your avatar Maokai, when your name says Riven :<
I almost regret giving myself this name, in this game lol. My name comes from the Jet Li movie, Hero, which has a character I admired, named BrokenSword. He was the lover of Sky, and master calligrapher.

Armazyl

08-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBrokenSword View Post
I have very limited knowledge of French cuisine, but I really love French Fries, and French Toast. The french rock with potatoes and bread.

( More seriously, I have an addiction to Cheese Boards - Brie and prosciutto till the day I day.)
French fries, are actually belgian cuisine, french means "fresh" not french -> france. it was just a mistake by americans during world war 1.

RiotBrokenSword

Production Coordinator

08-01-2014
20 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskeizer12 View Post
do you have an evil cousin named Blizzard RepairedAxe?
Yes. They're a much older, more experienced, very talented cousin, whom I really admire.

RiotBrokenSword

Production Coordinator

08-01-2014
21 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralduine View Post
Where do babies come from?
Their parents.

Terminator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

08-01-2014

Are you guys going to touch Kayle soon or do you think she is balanced? :x