1 Hour Q&A with RiotBrokenSword

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fr34k Styl3r

08-01-2014

since, you are an Production Coordinator, do you assist on more champion spotlights or on these movie trailer things? or did i get your position mixed up

sM1le

08-01-2014

Why is your avatar Maokai, when your name says Riven :<

RiotBrokenSword

Production Coordinator

08-01-2014
5 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlordCreed View Post
When are you going to release Ao Shin and when are you guys going to nerf Riven?
Ao Shin is very, very far down the road. Probably not even this year. There was a lot we learned about him after we introduced his concept art. His concept at a character has changed dramatically, but much for the better. It will take a while to develop an excellent kit that matches his lore.

Sighduck42

08-01-2014

What is the official word on a server down here in africa?

aka... this and many others like it:

http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.co....php?t=1551134

srsly, we gave you quickshot....

RiotBrokenSword

Production Coordinator

08-01-2014
6 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveJessAndPoppy View Post
How cold is it there?
Where I am, in Santa Monica, it's a pleasant 65 degrees, Fahrenheit. Beach weather, essentially. Where my engineers are, in the midwest, it's about -40F.

People have been warned that if they go outside, their skin and eyes will freeze. Horrific (but kind of cool to imagine).

Alcoholic Mink

08-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBrokenSword View Post
I would eventually eat them both, but I'd start with Draggles. Because I haven't met them yet, I wouldn't have as much guilt, if any.
Name:  draggles.jpg
Views: 22518
Size:  31.6 KB

RiotBrokenSword

Production Coordinator

08-01-2014
7 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Draggles View Post
MUTINY!
I'M COMING FOR YA, MATE!

Daskeizer12

08-01-2014

do you have an evil cousin named Blizzard RepairedAxe?

Ralduine

08-01-2014

Where do babies come from?

Happyshopper

08-01-2014

Are there any plans/discussions about a "LoL 2.0" since the release of other games directly competing with LoL such as Dota2 that would bring the graphical style more up to date with modern gaming standards?

As it stands LoLs graphical style is rather cartoon-y and less realistic than many modern games and I was wondering if that was something that was on your radar. I understand the advantages to a less graphically intense type of game but everyone loves eye candy.

Assuming it is, I called this LoL 2.0 rather than LoL2 because I guess with a player base so heavily invested in skins and champions in the current game I'm guessing you'd be porting the content into a new engine or some such rather than starting over completely fresh. Is that a fair assumption?

Just something I was thinking about recently, I don't know if this is your area.