xerath rework canceled?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phairdy

31-10-2013

wait so it has been canceled?

:/ that sucks tho. he gets countered so easily on this meta. are they planning to rework him ever?

xDarkangii

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancetekk View Post
And what PBE change in the last year didn't go live without any change?
AFAIR every single pbe change made it into the official version completely untouched for the last 18 months.
thats not completely true :P

they released the replay option on pbe for like a half year ago, its still not on main servers

yarhar

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamMole View Post
They change him because he isn't popular. same thing with Karma, and look at her now...
Im looking at her, and Karma isnt on the most unused champions list anymore.
Xerath is.

Lich is the best

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckbanana View Post
Xerath is a fine example of a high skill cap BALANCED and VIABLE champ.

he does not need changed any more than any other low pick rate average win rate champ.

he is fine as he is, PLEASE riot do NOT change xerath, or atleast listen to us high skill level xeraths and not people who claim they are "xerath" players.
True.Xerath doesn't need a rework,he only needs a small buff,or a new passive and that's that.

Most of the people at Riot have a very wrong way of thinking-they believe change is always good.And that's not true.At a certain point in time,the game is very good and it needs little change.That's the moment they begin ruining it.

World of Warcraft is the perfect example-during the second expansion(WotLK),the game was in a great state,but because "they" believed eternal change is a good thing,they ruined everything.

League of Legends and it's champions are just like that.If you change something,that is already good,you risk making it worse.

charging bull 8

03-11-2013

I haven't been playing xerath very long so I don't know if he heeds a rework but I really liked his passive that gives him mana back on some auto attacks. and his ulti rework was pretty cool.

The Loli Otaku

03-11-2013

His rework looked great, I was really looking forward to it. Yeah he wasn't the first champion who I'd say needed a rework but what they did with him was great. Go through with it Riot!

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

03-11-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Loli Otaku View Post
His rework looked great, I was really looking forward to it. Yeah he wasn't the first champion who I'd say needed a rework but what they did with him was great. Go through with it Riot!
The rework's still coming and should be back on the PBE in a while. We're testing out something new with Xerath where we put a much earlier version of a rework onto the PBE, compared to others that get put there just before their final release.

memyselfandY21

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarhar View Post
Im looking at her, and Karma isnt on the most unused champions list anymore.
Xerath is.
Some champion has to be the most unpopulair. If Xerath becomes more populair, then another champion takes his place.

Korumaro

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKAngii View Post
thats not completely true :P

they released the replay option on pbe for like a half year ago, its still not on main servers
Scorched Earth Renekton RIOT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Stars Shaper

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
The rework's still coming and should be back on the PBE in a while. We're testing out something new with Xerath where we put a much earlier version of a rework onto the PBE, compared to others that get put there just before their final release.
Nice to know, I'm looking forward to it.