@Ymir @Riot @Anyone

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I WANT BUM SEX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM4ker View Post
Wow, so I can modificate my client and go to play punishless?
Or I can only join?

And one more thing, if host has left the creating game and i became new host, I still can start game and it will be work without modification (because first host already made it). Will I be like intruder?
If you modify your client for specifically this you won't be banned. However I am sure that in the future this won't happen. So technically yes, you can still modify your client to play this game type but Riot would frown upon doing this.

If you become the new host of the lobby, and not modified your own client, you can start games until you leave that lobby, they also can detect who has modified their client and who hasn't so you're safe in that aspect.

I WANT BUM SEX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymir View Post
I want to add something to this, nobody has been banned and nobody will be banned for using this while it's still available. It will likely have to go into stealth mode soon, and of course you use it at your own risk as it is not polished.

We'll have more information later, but for now have fun!
Hi Ymir, people at Reddit are making this post viral, but some are still confused about what it exactly means.

Some are unsure by what your post exactly implies, does this mean that you are only safe from punishment if you play the gametype and the people modifying their client are still in risk of being banned?

Or does this mean you are literally not going to ban players who did modify their client?

Ymir

Player Behaviour Expert

Follow Ymir on Twitter

08-10-2013
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am bad View Post
Hi Ymir, people at Reddit are making this post viral, but some are still confused about what it exactly means.

Some are unsure by what your post exactly implies, does this mean that you are only safe from punishment if you play the gametype and the people modifying their client are still in risk of being banned?

Or does this mean you are literally not going to ban players who did modify their client?
Basically we won't be pursuing this specific case, we still really take a dim view of breaches of the ToU and will always be cautious and investigate. This isn't a free pass to break the rules, but for this specific instance we won't be punishing people.

This was something we left out there and we have more information on what it actually was we left out there coming later. You guys had the right of it when you said "this is fun, why would you punish us for fun that doesn't hurt people?" That's a question everyone answered with we shouldn't.

If something like this comes up again it may be handled differently, circumstances all have their own context after all.

Toshaatje

08-10-2013

Quote:
Basically we won't be pursuing this specific case, we still really take a dim view of breaches of the ToU and will always be cautious and investigate. This isn't a free pass to break the rules, but for this specific instance we won't be punishing people.

This was something we left out there and we have more information on what it actually was we left out there coming later. You guys had the right of it when you said "this is fun, why would you punish us for fun that doesn't hurt people?" That's a question everyone answered with we shouldn't.

If something like this comes up again it may be handled differently, circumstances all have their own context after all.
Thanks for clarifying

xXCherryKillerXx

08-10-2013

All hail the Ymir! What happens if Ymir hits rank 1 Challenger? He wont stop he will immediately get promoted into Chuck Norris Tier and needs to win against him.

After that hes allowed to be GOD TIER. GG EASY YMIR GOD

I WANT BUM SEX

08-10-2013

Quote:

Thank you for communicating to EUW so well. I for one and I am sure a LOT of others are very appreciative of the communication you give to us.

FrenchLyfe

08-10-2013

Quote:

thanks so much! the last 2 days were so much fun. is there a possibility we will get an official statement from riot wether or not this "gamemode" will/might make it into season 4? i know you guys would have to fix a ton of stuff, but cmon, i have not seen the LoL community so friendly on such a large scale!

Pr0nAddict

08-10-2013

People thought Riot would commence with bans in order to not LOOK weak, but this act of understanding gives Riot even more credibility and shows that they AREN'T weak. Any other company would have punished it simply because it was breaking the ToS.

By looking at the situation and answering the question of the community: "this is fun, why would you punish us for fun that doesn't hurt people?" in an honest way, you have shown an understanding that is unheard of in the corporate world.

Riot: You are TRULY a different kind of company. A better kind. (Skarner's kind.)

Mr Kay x

08-10-2013

YMIR, WILL U MARRY ME? THX FOR THIS INFO <3

Lotsapasta

08-10-2013

Quote:
I want to add something to this, nobody has been banned and nobody will be banned for using this while it's still available. It will likely have to go into stealth mode soon, and of course you use it at your own risk as it is not polished.

We'll have more information later, but for now have fun!
YEEEESSSS!