Korea got 1k RP!?

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoIanacea

05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutever View Post
You are literally f*cking retarded. This is the official source on the korean league website. Don't ask me why it's an image, but you ain't gonna see a better source than this, even if it is in a language you do not understand.

A more accessible link for the people that cannot follow instructions and / or google.
http://imgur.com/S8r2540
So I'm retarded ?

Why the lack of respect yet again hmm.
It's in a language we don't understand, that's exactly why we can't verify if it says what people claim it says.
So why should I believe naysayers about this official post? I guess not doing so makes me retarded.

I think critically so I'm a fcking moron right? I don't believe everything people say so I must be the stupidest c*nt on earth right?

GAJO BOM

05-06-2013

They got Skin Champ and 10 IP Win boost. THats what those numbers are.

Wutever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIanacea View Post
Ah yes.
But for all we know this is simply the message stating that person has been given Sona and the skin.
And they clearly use arabian numbers because there's 5s and 23s and stuff in there
So 1000 RP would stll be 1000 (symbol)(symbol) no?

And because it's an image we can't translate and can't verify what it says.
This is not concrete evidence that proves anything tbh, but it is a step in the right direction.

But Riot already confirmed Korea never got the 1k RP so I have no idea where that came from.
People need to stop being so naďve and start thinking more critically...
Possible, but not 100% certain. Just as Western languages, Asian ones have different ways to write numbers. Japanese, for example use both "100" and "百" to denote "hundred" and both are commonly used. I have no knowledge about Korean, except for that they use a phonetic writing system instead of Chinese characters, so I can neither confirm nor deny anything.

Solash

05-06-2013

ALSO, as far as the NA 1000RP Stuff goes....well....yes and no...

Only a FEW players from NA received compensation due to some um...Store issues I think it was? The Rp was meant to be a refund I guess.

SoIanacea

05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutever View Post
Possible, but not 100% certain. Just as Western languages, Asian ones have different ways to write numbers. Japanese, for example use both "100" and "百" to denote "hundred" and both are commonly used.
Well yes, but what are the odds of this actually being in there to "hide" the fact they secretly gave out 1000 RP
Creating one of the biggest conspiracies in gaming history.

You make a good point, but it seems rather moot in this case

TriHustle

05-06-2013

I got a friend who lives in Korea, he told me that some players did receive 1000 Rp, but some didnt for some reason oO

Demorphic

European Community Manager

05-06-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

I will jump into this thread and repeat some of what I shared elsewhere.

The discussion has been pretty heated. However, I would like to address some misconceptions I’m seeing pop up, just so we’re all on the same page here.

- NA hasn’t received compensation since the last 4-win boost that EUW also received.

- NA has never received 1000 RP for downtime (less than 1% of NA players received this for a week’s worth of lost content).

- Korea didn’t get 1000 RP, ever.

- Korea’s service issues weren’t minor – they’ve experienced major service disruption and downtime since February of this year.

Acarn

05-06-2013

I wish you good luck on the reddit AMA. You're going to need it.

SoIanacea

05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosobi View Post
I got a friend who lives in Korea, he told me that some players did receive 1000 Rp, but some didnt for some reason oO
Well, some NA players got 1000 rp and others didn't.
Just because some people got an RP compensation doesn't mean that everybody got it.
And it doesn't mean that it was for the downtime and that some people were excluded for "some reason".

Don't look for correlations where there are none.
And definately don't use that to justify your own righteous crusade for an RP compensation.
I'm not saying you specifically do that, merely stating it "in general".

Wutever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIanacea View Post
So I'm retarded ?

Why the lack of respect yet again hmm.
It's in a language we don't understand, that's exactly why we can't verify if it says what people claim it says.
So why should I believe naysayers about this official post? I guess not doing so makes me retarded.

I think critically so I'm a fcking moron right? I don't believe everything people say so I must be the stupidest c*nt on earth right?
Yes, because you call perfectly fine evidence false. It is, in fact, the only evidence there ever will be unless a Rioter comes out and says something about KR tomorrow. It's not false in any sense of the word, and that is what I am getting pissed off at - you calling things names they are not, because you either don't know what the word means or are an imbecile.

Not being able to understand something does not make it false in any way. You could easilly OCR the image and run it through google translate if you wanted evidence. Too bad you prefer to call it false and I have no OCR software on this computer to do so.

Edit: Well, OCRing it with some free online software and google translating resulted in gibberish.

12345678 ... 11